Talion Arrma Talion tips and tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the stock Talion on 4S a bit slow and pretty hard to control in mid air (if it nosedives I can't save it like with my truggified Typhon)
Tires balloon very little though.

Anyone noticed the same?

Plan on getting bigger tires to solve this btw. Louise just released a bunch of monster truggy tires (tire diameter like 3.8 monster truck but less wide and less sidewall too)

@Piecejointe What model are those new monster truggy tires? Not seeing any new models of Louise RC tires on the normal spots.

I have a little Problem with my talion v3. Have been bashing Last week and die some big jumps ans the landings wasnt perfect all the time. I have mounted a centerbrace that i have introduced some Posts earlier. After bashing i recognized the my rear shock tower is deformed. I think the my centerbrace could have caused this Problem. Any suggestion If this could have been the Problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_193948.jpg
    IMG_20180922_193948.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20180922_193941.jpg
    IMG_20180922_193941.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 141
Looks like it.

Some flex is normal and you should account for it in the length of the brace. Should be just long enough to avoid getting into the zone where the chassis will bend but not more.
Some people leave it glide free over some range, others use a flexible end such as a piece or rubber or other. Another approach I've seen is using a brace that itself can flex but still reinforce the whole car, like the body of an arrow.

Thanks for the tipps! That is a great idea! I will shorten the alloy part and design a new printeable part (the printer must also be used ;-) )and print it with some flex material!

I have a little Problem with my talion v3. Have been bashing Last week and die some big jumps ans the landings wasnt perfect all the time. I have mounted a centerbrace that i have introduced some Posts earlier. After bashing i recognized the my rear shock tower is deformed. I think the my centerbrace could have caused this Problem. Any suggestion If this could have been the Problem?

Sure you could add some flex material like a piece of stiff rubber, but the T2T center brace did not cause that, the shock towers are simply made of alu that is too soft. If you land on the edges it will bend fast, if you don't land on the edges it will bend anyway but slowly, due to the force of the shocks. Upgrade your shock tower to a better aftermarket i.e Voltage Hobbies. Meantime, remove the shock tower and put it on some kind of anvil and hammer it straight.

Sure you could add some flex material like a piece of stiff rubber, but the T2T center brace did not cause that, the shock towers are simply made of alu that is too soft. If you land on the edges it will bend fast, if you don't land on the edges it will bend anyway but slowly, due to the force of the shocks. Upgrade your shock tower to a better aftermarket i.e Voltage Hobbies. Meantime, remove the shock tower and put it on some kind of anvil and hammer it straight.

That sounds clear for me too! Are there anywhere some good aftermarket towers that will fit the talion v3? Do the one from voltage hobbies fit?
The towers from voltage hobbise are only for talion v2...
Found this note on voltage hobbies:
We don't recommend the use of a "tower to tower brace" as it makes the shock towers and gearbox cases more likely to bend/break under hard impacts/crashes, the reason is most of the energy gets transferred directly to those two parts. We've tested out a tower to tower brace and it does lead to broken gearbox cases and bent shock towers from our testing. Even high-grade aluminum or carbon fiber shock towers are still prone to bending or snapping (it takes a lot more force for it to happen, but it does). Also, we recommend that you run with your wing in place at all times as it acts as a bumper and absorbs most of the impact energy in crashes/rollovers, by doing so you'll better protect your rear shock tower.

Last edited:
That sounds clear for me too! Are there anywhere some good aftermarket towers that will fit the talion v3? Do the one from voltage hobbies fit?
The towers from voltage hobbise are only for talion v2...
Found this note on voltage hobbies:
We don't recommend the use of a "tower to tower brace" as it makes the shock towers and gearbox cases more likely to bend/break under hard impacts/crashes, the reason is most of the energy gets transferred directly to those two parts. We've tested out a tower to tower brace and it does lead to broken gearbox cases and bent shock towers from our testing. Even high-grade aluminum or carbon fiber shock towers are still prone to bending or snapping (it takes a lot more force for it to happen, but it does). Also, we recommend that you run with your wing in place at all times as it acts as a bumper and absorbs most of the impact energy in crashes/rollovers, by doing so you'll better protect your rear shock tower.

Hmmm, nope Voltage Hobbies still does not have shock towers for the V3. I guess you could go for Hot Racing ones or Carbon Fiber, search ebay. I’ve read that text too on their page, they might have a point but I use T2T anyway.

Can someone get me the eye to eye measurements for the Talion v3 shocks? Front and rear?

Thanks,
Jerry

I assumed shock space in between so found 62mm front between ....and 92mm rear between on top. Cant do bottom cause small caliper
Now I realize you maybe looking for the shock itself and I don't have one out. Compressed or extended if you mean the shock itself?

I assumed shock space in between so found 62mm front between ....and 92mm rear between on top. Cant do bottom cause small caliper
Now I realize you maybe looking for the shock itself and I don't have one out. Compressed or extended if you mean the shock itself?
Yeah, the shock length. Top eye to bottom eye, released/ extended. You really only need to loosen the bottom grub screw, and pull the pin. =)

Ok, Lumidsve35 lists the shock length as 4.25" front, 4.875" rear. That works to 108mm front and 124 rear. That is within a few mm of the Typhon shocks I need to replace, so I ordered them. I am betting the spring will be way too stiff for the typhon, but I can work with that.

Lol but you forget what company making them?

Its a lightning pro truggy nitro
That hose works for me
It doesn't bottom out it didnt make any difference on the susupension
I can jump it as high as 8 feet nothing broken chassis didnt slap the ground
But every so often i have to changed that hose line lol
Instead of using fuel line put bump stops underneath the pistons,,they last forever,,,,3 years with no problems

Seen that a couple of times, I would like to try it someday but I need another chassi :)
View attachment 22504

Cool.

Google also Scorched parts in UK.
They sell Titanium Chassie plates for front and rear.
With these i Believe you can not bend the Chassie anymore.

They are outsold many times. They have also preorder for them.

Only downside is you need drill two extra holes in your chassie,
Drilling them to stock chassie is anyway easy done after you screw the 4 screws first and have it Mounted,.,
Just drill with the plate on. Makes it very easy

You will also have cool sparks when landing with Titanium.

I have seen also other manufacturers make them in Aluminium.

This is Great option if you don't want buy new chassie.

r.jpg

Arrma 6s Titanium Chassis Rear Brace / Skid plate

Cool.

Google also Scorched parts in UK.
They sell Titanium Chassie plates for front and rear.
With these i Believe you can not bend the Chassie anymore.

They are outsold many times. They have also preorder for them.

Only downside is you need drill two extra holes in your chassie,
Drilling them to stock chassie is anyway easy done after you screw the 4 screws first and have it Mounted,.,
Just drill with the plate on. Makes it very easy

You will also have cool sparks when landing with Titanium.

I have seen also other manufacturers make them in Aluminium.

This is Great option if you don't want buy new chassie.

View attachment 63984

Arrma 6s Titanium Chassis Rear Brace / Skid plate

Any experience with preorders? Curious how long the wait may be as this item is currently out of stock but I'd like to try one on my Mojave

Any experience with preorders? Curious how long the wait may be as this item is currently out of stock but I'd like to try one on my Mojave
I did the mojave chassis preorder last weekend. David/ScorchedParts said it's about 4-5 weeks, so let see.

EDIT: @crimsonfancy I misread the quote I thought it was for the whole chassis :ROFLMAO: for front/rear chassis plates probably should have been shorter wait time ;) just ask him via email, he's quite responsive in answering.

Last edited:
For those who are looking for tighter, more accurate steering, definitely get an aluminum servo mount. There is so much flex in the stock plastic piece.

20200210_174531.jpg

2nd, those with V4 "never-loose" servo savers, don't fight the thread locker and slip some 1/2" snap rings on. Small snap ring pliers are best for this. The stock spring is very forgiving but not the best for higher grip levels where accuracy is desired. I used 2 rings, opposed 180 degrees at the bottom of the spring. After using the snap ring pliers, I used a 14mm socket to press them into place.

20200210_180332.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back