Arrma teaser for june 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigSquid RC is talking about the upcoming Arrma 1/10 scale 4WD trucks to be released...
The patent found by @Thomas P is showing the exact actuator as can be seen in the second movie.

My best guess is a sort of AVC system, but then to control the diff lock of both differentials, or maybe 3 diffs?

Very, very interesting.
I would love a 4wd SCT 1/10 (on 2 and 3S) from Arrma ;)

BigSquid RC is talking about the upcoming Arrma 1/10 scale 4WD trucks to be released...
The patent found by @Thomas P is showing the exact actuator as can be seen in the second movie.

My best guess is a sort of AVC system, but then to control the diff lock of both differentials, or maybe 3 diffs?

Very, very interesting.
I would love a 4wd SCT 1/10 (on 2 and 3S) from Arrma ;)
Got a link to big squid talking about 1/10th 4wds?

I certainly believe it's a 4wd, without any "insider knowledge" just looking at the video and seeing the front tires balloon like they are makes me think 4WD.

I certainly believe it's a 4wd, without any "insider knowledge" just looking at the video and seeing the front tires balloon like they are makes me think 4WD.
Thanks right Woodie!
One question still ponder my mind is...the brain (smart technology) Arrma boast about. Beside the smart differential, what else?
[DOUBLEPOST=1463485686][/DOUBLEPOST]If it a 1/10 scale, is must be a new design ESC and brushless motor

Hi

Personally I think that the diff looks similar to what the Traxxas Summit diffs look like. You will more then likely be able to use a 3rd channel to switch between a locked and unlocked diff for doing stuff like rock climbing.

4th clue..4 beast modes
[DOUBLEPOST=1463502587][/DOUBLEPOST]By the look of the front tires, most likely its 1:10 scale...
but again, I could be wrong. ;)

Arrma.....Ihatesyou.......o_O
I was just setting my sights for a Kraton...And now you are teasing the hell out of me with something I will probably crave even more.......:confused:
Ihatesyou.......Arrma.......:cool:

Keep'm comming!...:p

Bigsquid RC already told us it is 1:10 and 4WD.
That last thing is clearly visible in the 3rd video.

The fourth video shows basically 4 modes what this "brain" can do.
And a brain means the car decides something for you, so no 3rd channel.
And all the modes can be influenced by locking or unlocking diffs.

I wonder if it will be only the center diff, which can be locked, or will it have only 2 diffs on each axle? Or will it have 3 diffs, which can be locked individually?

On that date im home receiving a double paycheck for doing nothing all day lol...so propably gonna check it out...
But i don't want a 1/10...to small for me. I want a xmaxx competitor!

On that date im home receiving a double paycheck for doing nothing all day lol...so propably gonna check it out...
But i don't want a 1/10...to small for me. I want a xmaxx competitor!
I agree

My guess is something that functions similar to how AWD systems (not 4wd) work on full scale vehicles. One of the modes being fully locked and the other three being different ways it decides how to distribute power. Maybe with specific settings for pavement, dirt, and snow/wet.

Do I win a $100 gift card if I'm right? ;)

My guess is something that functions similar to how AWD systems (not 4wd) work on full scale vehicles. One of the modes being fully locked and the other three being different ways it decides how to distribute power. Maybe with specific settings for pavement, dirt, and snow/wet.

Don't think so but good try.

Other speculation has been said that the new technology maybe more like a torque converter

but all I know is I want it

I think your close, but because they talk about a "brain" it is not the user who will make these settings, like you can do in a real scale AWD car.
Indeed the "crawler" mode might be limited RPM and all diffs locked.

And when jumping a big wheeled 4x4 it is known that corrections in air are limited by a center differential.
There are dozens of reasons why one would like to have diff lock on an RC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back