Arrma Tough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhawx

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I read a lot about weak A Arms and how everyone is waiting for RPM to release some for the K8S. I got to give Arrma credit. Yesterday, I was backfliping off fences and putting a lot of stress on the suspension from it in addition to typical jumps and flips. Today I’m doing the same thing when a screw fell out for the rear tie rod. Found the screw put it back in and noticed this on the front.

ED74F1D8-6464-465A-8BDA-E208C1BC5845.jpeg

A chunk got taken out somehow yesterday during all the flips and tricks, and it held firm.
After discovery it I took it a bit easy, but not really. Jumped it several times higher than usual, took a few tumbles and so forth. It’s still working.

My truck is pushing 32 pounds, and it withheld a lot of stress over the past two days, and it still haven’t snapped yet...whoever says these snap easy is clearly landing on them to cause it. This thing should not be intact after what I put it through.

Arrma Tough!!

Lucky! Haha. ABS does become brittle at (and around) sub zero temperatures (~ 32F), so that mostly explains the number of arms breaking. Aluminum arms won't break as quickly, but they're more susceptible to permanent deformation (aka bending). And they're heavier, and we don't really want to make the K8S heavier that in already is :LOL:. But yeah, a full aluminum K8S would look very cool.

That might explain why so many complain about broke arms. It is winter in the states. I live in Okinawa, so the coldest it gets is like 50. However; the humidity is crazy here, and all my exposed bearings, axles, and tie rods already have surface rust. I’m holding off replacing them with sealed bearings because they would probably rust out too. The other disadvantage is having to wait 2 weeks for stuff to ship out here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back