ARRMA Twitter account is boring...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhialto

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone else following the official ARRMA Twitter account (@ARRMARC)?

I've bought my first ARRMA a month ago and immediatly started to follow ARRMA on Twitter when I found out they had an account but I'm about to unfollow because they are not engaging with their fans. All they do is strictly post their own pics.

I think they are missing on a great oppotunity here... they could at least like or retweet their favorite fans pics and videos if they don't want to chat.

When I first found out about ARRMA, their website and their YouTube channel, I thought wow, they seem to be a cool company... I'm not saying they are not but clearly they could do a lot more on Twitter.

Thoughts?

I have no idea what is going on internally with Arrma at this point, but they have been pretty quiet. I’m going to assume, until the legal mumbo jumbo is all sorted out, they will be quiet on all fronts. Not that surprised either.

I’m of the humble opinion that once the vendor crap, buyouts, and settlements all go through, all will be popping again. I sure hope so, because I love this hobby, we all love this hobby, and I’m trying to get more people in it every day. It’s good for family’s, and lunitics like us!

Just hold tight, have fun, and keep bashing.

Kinda where I am at too. If they have not figured it out yet, they are killing their brand recognition.

If things don't get sorted soon, there will be a few really nice ( mine ) Arrmas on ebay.

Wait, you are going to sell your RC cars, because the company twitter account is boring? Yeah, that makes sense...

Must be a Millennial thing. I buy RC cars that are fun, tough, handle great, great value, look interesting. Quality of the twitter feed never crossed my mind.

Bro, stop being a tool. Did you even bother to read what i posted?

If you CAN NOT get parts, why keep your cars? They are ruining their brand by not having cars or parts. Yes its sad, but I've been down this road before with Helicopters.... Thunder tiger, JR, Compass... the list goes on. Things like this happen. Thats life, and no its not a "Millennial thing"

Last edited:
But this was not a thread about parts support. It was about Arrma's Twitter and social media being boring and quiet. When you bring up killing brand recognition in that context, it sounds like you are talking social media recognition.

If you are stressing over parts support, I can understand, but this was not that thread.

When you bring up killing brand recognition in that context, it sounds like you are talking social media recognition.
Yup.... twitter... fb... their own website could easily pump the brand, keep us informed, and answer questions instead of being silent and boring.

My original thoughts still stand, and are valid. A bit sideways from Just "Their twitter is boring" but yes, these are my thoughts like the OP wanted to hear.

When tower stopped carrying Thunder Tiger. Nothing was posted anywhere, much like whats going on now. And this was coming from a manufacture that you would literally trip over TT parts in the hobby shop, been in the helicopter business for about a decade and had a customer base 3x as strong as Arrmas. Literally everyone that flew had at one point owned a Thunder Tiger heli.

It is very reminiscent of whats happening right now. Sometimes no news is bad news. Someone knows exactly whats going on, and could easily use social media to pass news along to the consumer rather than pictures of customers cars on their social media. Like the Rhialto said, give updates, answer questions, be more interactive. Its called brand recognition and engaging your customer base. Seeing that they are too busy to take 20 seconds to give a simple update, makes me loose faith.

Same thing happened with the original Compass helis, same thing happened with the original Synergy N-9, those sold for a premium until Matt Botos said he would not be re-releasing it after he bought and re-vamped Synergy. At least JR had some decency and let us know that they would be exiting the retail world to focus on more of its commercial applications. So, I've been down this road a few times, communication is key. Hanging on to your favorite car or heli after the brand dies is horrible, it will sit and collect dust until you run out of your stash of parts.

And out in left field, same with Island Packet yachts, before Hake marine bought them, they came within an inch of ruining the brand by being silent and then one day the phone didn't ring anymore and there was an eviction notice on their building. Granted, RC cars are not 100k to 500k cruising yachts. But the principle is the same.

When you start to see the writing on the wall, you try not to be a bag holder.

Hopefully someone from Arrma can chime in and say all is well, but that's doubtful that they would bother to open an account to do so.

In the end, its just an RC car hobby.... and so what if I sell them cause their Twitter is boring! Maybe Ill be ahead of the curve. ;)

Those are good points.

I wonder how much lawyers and NDA's have to do with the current radio silence. One of the Arrma FB groups (fan/owners group, not company group) has an Arrma designers that contributes (helped design the DEX8 and the new Mega 4x4) He made it clear early on in the Hobbico mess that he could not say anything about what was going on in the company under risk of getting fired.

My previous job was with a medium size engineering firm (600 people in my office when I started). While I was there, they started a "down cycle" - no new work, layoffs, etc. We were getting emails about every other week from corporate reminding us to keep company business off of social media. No posting about backlog or layoff, no talking to newpapers, Tv, no blogging, etc. I bet most all Hobbico / Arrma / Axial / everyone else under that umbrella has been getting similar emails for probably almost a year now...

Well I guess my stampede will get a bad ass motor and esc combo that I always wanted to do.

Hi

The Arrma Twitter account is more then likely going to end up just like the Arrma Facebook page and the Arrma Goforit forum, Neglected and then eventually Deleted. And as for parts availability, there are lots of RC's out there that people have bought that no longer have parts available anymore, and some of those people would never think of parting with them. So unless your braking parts all the time I wouldent even worry about it, and if you are worried just stock up on spare parts. That what I am planning on doing for my Raider XL.

What is a Twitter?
That being said, what the hell ever happened to Thunder Tiger? You hardly even see their cars for sale anywhere anymore.

Hi

Twitter is that thing the President likes to do instead of running the country. As for Thunder Tiger there still a round, there web site seems to have a decent line of RC's.

Hi

Twitter is that thing the President likes to do instead of running the country. As for Thunder Tiger there still a round, there web site seems to have a decent line of RC's.
Yeah I found some on Amain but they do not have any parts. I know they are still around but it just seems like you don't see or hear much from them. Far as I can tell they kind of shifted more towards the robotics end of things. They make some pretty good stuff, just a few limited places to get them and parts anymore. Been thinking of getting the Bushmaster 8e, rtr 1/8 buggy for $300 yes please. https://shop.thundertiger.com/products/thunder-tiger-rc-car-6412-f131-bush-master-8e-1-8-rtr

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back