Typhon Arrma Typhon 3S Battery Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OwensDad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
After long deliberations, I decided to go with the Arrma Typhon 3S. I don't know what my problem is, but I can't find many 3S batteries with the IC5 connector. The reviews on what I am finding aren't the best. I'm looking minimum 5000mAh and something larger than a 30C.

Where are you folks in teh US getting your batteries and what kind? Is there a recommendation to switch the connector out of the Typhon 3S itself? I've read in a few forum posts it's not ideal to use an adapter.

Thanks in advance! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
My son is running 3s SMC 7200Mah 60c at the track and the rear driveshafts are popping with his Typhon 3s.
But, curiously, with the Dynamite 3s 50c, everything is ok.
The SMC seems to have a bit more punch.
So, must of the time, we are running in 2s 7400 Mah 90c (RC King)
We don't use adaptor at the track.
Welcome here.

Last edited:
Get a lipo with EC5, its IC5 compatible, plugs right in. Can't go wrong with this SMC. Good quality, good price.
20190804_182242.jpg

gensacearespammers 5000mah 11.1v EC5

I have a Ovonic 5000mah soft pack not a bad lipo just has never charged to stated capacity balances fine though and has good punch.

The gensacearespammers has a noticeable punch difference the first minute or two but after that can't tell any difference between the Ovonic and the gensacearespammers. But the Ovonic is a good budget option.

Last edited:
gensacearespammers 5000mah 11.1v EC5

I have a Ovonic 5000mah soft pack not a bad lipo just has never charged to stated capacity balances fine though and has good punch.

The gensacearespammers has a noticeable punch difference the first minute or two but after that can't tell any difference between the Ovonic and the gensacearespammers. But the Ovonic is a good budget option.
SMC, Turnigy graphene, gensacearespammers, Vant. You could just solder your own connector, xt90 or xt150, 5.5 or bigger castle connectors.

I am phasing out all my batteries and replacing them all with SMC. Absolutely the best battery for your dollar.
That's all I currently use and have been pleased with their performance.

I like my Awanfi batteries. 6500mah 100C 2S for $30. I haven't tried their 3S batteries, waiting for them to release a 100C model.

Hi,
My son is running 3s SMC 7200Mah 60c at the track and the rear driveshafts are popping with his Typhon 3s.
But, curiously, with the Dynamite 3s 50c, everything is ok.
The SMC seems to have a bit more punch.
So, must of the time, we are running in 2s 7400 Mah 90c (RC King)
We don't use adaptor at the track.
Welcome here.
Can I run a 6000 75 ? What will happen? I have a stock all the way around typhon 3s I run a 5200 50 currently

Can I run a 6000 75 ? What will happen? I have a stock all the way around typhon 3s I run a 5200 50 currently
Yes, C ratings are usually not true and skewed from brand to brand. If you run 5200 50 now, 6000 75 is no big deal.

C rating is a multiplier of mAh.

5200 50C = 260 amps
6000 75C = 450 amps

Bigger difference than it looks like but you should be fine. I think you would only have a problem if the net amps was too low.That’s why the Arrma manual will give you a minimum such as 5000 mAh 50C.

There’s no such thing as too high of a C rating. Amps are pulled, not pushed. However, too low of a C rating will make your lipo puff up like this

1596283507346.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back