Typhon Arrma Typhon 3S Battery Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my 4S Premuim V2 5000mah hard case puff up to almost triple it’s size in a 5 min rip in my Typhon 6s the other day. It was running well and then just cut out like LVC. Took the top off and nothing looked strange. Pulled the lipo out and it instantly started swelling up. I tossed it a few feet away in case it started flaming up. It cooled off and the swelling went away. It looks completely normal now. It will be getting drained and tossed in the trash this weekend. It’s sitting in my Weber grill right now as I don’t trust it.

And the puff up real nice too ??????
SMC will never get a dime of my $ again!!
20200121_163733.jpg
20200121_163436.jpg
20200121_162814.jpg

Shoot I wish that’s all mine puffed. My case split in half and my 4S pack went from 2” tall to 5” tall.
The middle lipo is almost split in half, the sticker is hiding it. SMC will not warranty puffed lipos, what a crock of you know what.

Have you all noticed if a 100c battery will damage a stock typhon 3s? I'm running a spektrum smart 5000mah 3s 50c 11.1v lipo at the moment

Have you all noticed if a 100c battery will damage a stock typhon 3s? I'm running a spektrum smart 5000mah 3s 50c 11.1v lipo at the moment
Discharge ratings are what is a safe maximum for the pack. Amperage is pulled by the ESC, not pushed by the pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back