Arrma Typhon 3S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Well I do have a donor BLX185 or an MM2 that could be used. Do I try either of those on the 2400kv motor? Would the 2400kv take 6S?

Well I do have a donor BLX185 or an MM2 that could be used. Do I try either of those on the 2400kv motor? Would the 2400kv take 6S?
For either scenario you would just have to be gentle with the throttle application and braking.
I suspect the 2400kv would survive 6s as long as you do single passes and check temps.
People run TP Power motors up to 2700-2900kv on 6s, but they do so with larger motors which can shed heat a little better.

I'd say the larger motor (BLX 185 2050kv) will ultimately take you to higher speeds. (if that is what you really want?)
If all you want is 80mph then you can get there with the motor currently in there.

I ran that 2050kv motor on 4s and hit 73mph on the first attempt with the Kraton 6s and didn't max out what that is capable of. I am certain with more gearing I could have gone faster.

So the 2050kv having more torque will more than make up for the lack of RPMs due to the larger magnets and dissipate heat better due to the larger can. The added torque will allow for a larger pinion. All leading to higher speeds. Right?

So the 2050kv having more torque will more than make up for the lack of RPMs due to the larger magnets and dissipate heat better due to the larger can. The added torque will allow for a larger pinion. All leading to higher speeds. Right?
Pretty much.... bigger motor and lower KV = torque which will help push through the wall of air trying to slow it down.

If you are looking for some motivation @phildogg as always is the man.
All stock diffs and axles I assume based on his message with Jason D. (and from what I can see in the image)
(didn't mention the mod1 gearing but that is sort of assumed these days)

typhon 3s.JPG

All speed run cars have crashes. It would be fairly wise to have very low cost replacements like the Typhon 3s model versus some of the costs on the Limitless.
Example - the chassis $75.00 versus $9.00

Last edited:
Pretty much.... bigger motor and lower KV = torque which will help push through the wall of air trying to slow it down.

All stock diffs and axles I assume based on his message with Jason D. (and from what I can see in the image)

View attachment 51627

All speed run cars have crashes. It would be fairly wise to have very low cost replacements like the Typhon 3s model versus some of the costs on the Limitless.
Who pays $9.00!!!!??? ?????

2C5273E0-A649-4B55-8C8B-B5C3F3E20D1B.png

View attachment 51627

yes i used mod1 gearing custom spool.

yes i used mod1 gearing custom spool.
I’ve got a 29T pinion and 37T spur. Am I getting close to the gearing you used? I don’t think I can get much smaller on the spur with the same hubs. I also have a 31T pinion but it won’t fit inside the power module. I might have to dremel the power module to make it fit.

I’ve got a 29T pinion and 37T spur. Am I getting close to the gearing you used? I don’t think I can get much smaller on the spur with the same hubs. I also have a 31T pinion but it won’t fit inside the power module. I might have to dremel the power module to make it fit.
Where did you get that 37t spur?
Arrma Typhon 3S BLX

Arrma 4S BLX120 ESC
Arrma 4S 2400kv Motor
Yeah Racing Dual Motor Fans
Arrma Adjustable Motor Mount
37T FOH Spur Mod 1.0
24T Mod 1.0 Pinion
Fast Eddy Rubber Sealed Bearings
RPM Arms Front & Rear
Typhon 6S shocks 80W
Futaba R304SB-E receiver
HR Steering Rack
HR Steering Blocks
DS3218MG 20kg Aluminum Servo
GRP T02 S2 Slicks
Arrma Granite 3S BLX Wheelie Bar

Current PB 74mph

View attachment 51131
View attachment 51132
How did you get that spur to fit? Care to share...I have never seen a 37t spur for the 3s tyohon

Where did you get that 37t spur?

How did you get that spur to fit? Care to share...I have never seen a 37t spur for the 3s tyohon
FOH 37T 1.0 Mod 11mm Bore Spur

You have to drill out the center of the spur to 12mm so you can insert a 10mm ID x 12mm OD bushing to adapt the 11mm bore spur to the 10mm bore slipper hub. I bought the spur and bushings on Amazon. Ran it one pack so far. Been too windy since as well as have a broken driveshaft and waiting for parts.

23100A87-83EC-4EA2-838D-AD205F281B7F.jpeg

1CE052EE-6F14-452D-8DC9-D4505F44FC92.jpeg

D5508EFD-F5AC-43B5-B3F8-3A5EF00B2C2E.jpeg

This is probably my biggest frustration with doing speedruns. Waiting on the ideal conditions to line up with your free time.
Hoping the stars align tomorrow. I have some free time and parts arrived today. ??

So I hit a PB (with GRPs) today of 71mph. The ESC was cutting out before my road or signal, so I think that’s my next upgrade. I know there was more top end in this gearing and motor, but it simply is bogging out about mid run. Pinion is 29T and spur is 37T. Running 4S lipo on BLX120 and BLX 2400kv motor. I tried both of my 4S lipos and got the same bogging and top end speed. Might toss in a cap pack first to see how much impact that has

6329FCCB-DEAF-4479-BBCA-20D67012C71E.jpeg

I also drove it till the wheels fell off ? (simple pin fell out, no breakage)

63F2807B-4044-4566-9586-5213696E332C.jpeg

I also have a new set of GRPs on the way as these have seen better days. ✌?

Some upgrades done recently

BLX185 ESC
WTF 40mm ESC fan
Yeah Racing Gyro GC301
New driveshafts
New FE bearings
HR aluminum pivot balls
New GRP GTX01-S1 tires
Added 10mm tubing on inner shock shaft to lower ride height, springs 12mm preload, 2500cst fluid
Diffs filled with 50k cst fluid front and rear
Straightened HR right front C-block, was bent and binding
Replaced rusted or cruddy screws
Adjusted toe and camber
Working on getting the front wing finished

15B2EBD9-3CCD-4285-8E8F-9020A4550F7D.jpeg

B1E52D73-01E5-4779-B576-7FC2842D43A0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back