Arrma Typhon 3S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that Arrma has released metal differential gears for these are you going to re-visit the 3s Typhon speed project?
I already have the HR metal diffs ??‍♂️???

Clearly I am not up to speed with this line of Arrma cars....
When I blew the plastic diffs in the 3S with 8S power, I ordered the Arrma cups and the HR gears. Issue was that took over a month to get from China. Then I was having issues getting it down the road straight. Blew a bunch of S7s in the process. Got mad and shelved it in favor of the 6S, which is now an Infraction V2 8S ?

You’re up to date now ????

When I blew the plastic diffs in the 3S with 8S power, I ordered the Arrma cups and the HR gears. Issue was that took over a month to get from China. Then I was having issues getting it down the road straight. Blew a bunch of S7s in the process. Got mad and shelved it in favor of the 6S, which is now an Infraction V2 8S ?

You’re up to date now ????
Understandable, the longer wheelbase is much more stable and crashes suck...

Understandable, the longer wheelbase is much more stable and crashes suck...
Well I had time today watching football waiting for mud to dry and decided to work on the T3SGT. Got it all adjusted and straight again (hope?). Hoping to make some passes with both speed cars Wednesday morning. Wind forecast is 4mph for once.

Useful
Looking at the center cross on these u-joints, if they made them just a little longer you could get an E-ring on them to retain the plastic tabs better. It would be a tiny bit more material. Adding a snap ring to the outside of the tabs is hard because it will restrict the other side of the joint from articulating properly. You would need something the shape of the tabs to go directly over them.
Useful find. I've done the rpm arms and blx120 along with the kraton t2t brace (although do need to chop the front body to fit on standard posts as want to keep it low). Still running the stock motor with fan added.

Wheelie bar and shocks next thanks to this post ??

Last edited:
So I made a pass today of a measly 107mph and now I know why. I had this thing wayyyyyyy overgeared. I didn't pay attention to the calculator and just ran with the best gears I could cram in the power module. My pass today was on 29/29 gearing 🤯🤯🤯.

So it has been geared wayyyyy down to 18/37 and hope to make another hit tomorrow.

Here are my logs showing me pulling a max of nearly 400A and only got up to about 27k RPMs. That was murder for that setup. This motor should get at least 50k RPMs on a good run. Also looks like it was hitting LVC intermittently at the end.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 025359.png

Are you still useinf the 1st, original chassis.i now you've had some crashs,curious if same chassis has survived..I've been in the hobby less time than this thread started.technoloy, upgrades,an nowhere move very fast in this hobby..I've been reading this this build that started in oct 19..
YOU ARE TRULY A PIONEER TO ARRMA PERFORMANCE BROTHER!!!!!!

Are you still useinf the 1st, original chassis.i now you've had some crashs,curious if same chassis has survived..I've been in the hobby less time than this thread started.technoloy, upgrades,an nowhere move very fast in this hobby..I've been reading this this build that started in oct 19..
YOU ARE TRULY A PIONEER TO ARRMA PERFORMANCE BROTHER!!!!!!
Oh I am sure I have gone thru a few chassis. Lost count a long time ago. I still have quite a few on hand just in case though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back