Arrma typhon 3s chassis replace to 6s metal chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I am thinking of buying Arrma Typhon 6s chassis and replacing my 3s plastic chassis with the metal one from the 6s what parts would be needed and is it a good idea in terms of strength for bashing my Typhon 3s is still stock on everything.alsowhat other parts are recommended to be replaced in a stock out the box to solidify it with more metal instead of plastic parts. Thanks all

As far as I know, nearly nothing is compatible between the two platforms. They use completely different motor/esc/motor mounts, diffs, bulkheads, shocks, arms, drive shafts, etc.

I know some use front 1/8th shocks on the 3S/4S platform, but that's about all I've seen.

Yeah that won’t work, As @olds97_lss said pretty much nothing can be used between the 3s and 6s. expect for 6s typhon shocks Can be used for the 3s typhon and granite. Even then that takes some spacers to accomplish. If you’re thinking of bashing harder than your 3s will handle you’re better off just getting a 6s rig altogether. They’re badas$

Honestly the best part of the 3S line is the light plastic chassis. If you want a heavier rig, just buy the 6S. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️
That's true 6s are great nut their price is a bit out of my budget for now especially that i just bought the 3s. i will look into upgrading the shocks as everyone mentioned here what about the:
  • A arms any part# recommended:
  • Am also looking to upgrade the controller : FS-GT5 or Radiolink RC6GS

That's true 6s are great nut their price is a bit out of my budget for now especially that i just bought the 3s. i will look into upgrading the shocks as everyone mentioned here what about the:
RPM arms are the way to go. I use stock radios, so can't help there

I had issues with my Radiolink and couldn’t get anyone to help me. No warranty other than shipping it back to China for about the cost of the original purchase price. I would try to stick with brands with at least a presence in your area do warranty issues can be handled without extreme costs.

I am thinking of buying Arrma Typhon 6s chassis and replacing my 3s plastic chassis with the metal one from the 6s what parts would be needed and is it a good idea in terms of strength for bashing my Typhon 3s is still stock on everything.alsowhat other parts are recommended to be replaced in a stock out the box to solidify it with more metal instead of plastic parts. Thanks all
Did you crack the original 1? Just curious why you would want to add weight. That 6s chassis is the heaviest part on the RC if you bash its harder on the shocks. If you race it will slow you down. Chassis protectors and upgraded shocks would be a better option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back