Arrma Typhon 3S Shock Tower Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine70

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the forum, I just got a Typhon 3S and want to upgrade the shock tower, What do you all suggest a good upgrade is? I also have a Kryton 6S which I love to.

There are braces for the shock towers, but no replacement upgrade. The shock tower integrates with the chassis and functions as the top half of the differential housing and bumper mount. It's not a simple piece to fabricate. I know some people have snapped them, but I jump high and have crashed hard and the shock towers are one of the only components I've never broken. They're great, why do you want to upgrade?

There are braces for the shock towers, but no replacement upgrade. The shock tower integrates with the chassis and functions as the top half of the differential housing and bumper mount. It's not a simple piece to fabricate. I know some people have snapped them, but I jump high and have crashed hard and the shock towers are one of the only components I've never broken. They're great, why do you want to upgrade?
I have been seeing on YouTube where people are breaking them and while I am not into bashing my rc cars around it just had me concerned is all lol.

I have been seeing on YouTube where people are breaking them and while I am not into bashing my rc cars around it just had me concerned is all lol.
As with all upgrades, my advice is to wait and see what you need and break first. The upgrades other people get are often not necessary and sometimes cause more trouble.

If it does break from user error, just replace with stockers. Alloys will probably just bend. The brace may be a good idea. But wait till you need it. Might not. There are other areas to focus on as upgrades go.
I notice everyone wants that next upgrade just because. They need some reason to justify the upgrade??? Plastic is fine. Replace as you break.
Just me.
How do you plan on driving your rig?
Generally, we all call it bashing. Depends how hard it is.. You are either Bashing or Racing at a Track . Or its a just shelf queen.

If it does break from user error, just replace with stockers. Alloys will probably just bend. The brace may be a good idea. But wait till you need it. Might not. There are other areas to focus on as upgrades go.
I notice everyone wants that next upgrade just because. They need some reason to justify the upgrade??? Plastic is fine. Replace as you break.
Just me.

How do you plan on driving your rig?
Generally, we all call it bashing. Depends how hard it is.. You are either Bashing or Racing at a Track . Or its a just shelf queen.
I don't bash my cars if at all possible I just run them in grass and dirt tracks, i clean them after every use but I have hit a few small trees lol and that's where I think I would have my problem. I haven't been using RC cars very long and I am still a newbie lol

I don't bash my cars if at all possible I just run them in grass and dirt tracks, i clean them after every use but I have hit a few small trees lol and that's where I think I would have my problem. I haven't been using RC cars very long and I am still a newbie lol
If you hit a tree you are more likely to break an a arm or the chassis before you break the shock tower. While shock towers on the 3s line can and do break from time to time it is not as common as you would think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back