Arrma Typhon 3s Shocks Leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi guys

I recently purchased an arrma 3s Typhon and within a week or two it was quite obvious all my shock fluid had leaked out of all my shocks (oil everywhere).

Can you guys please advise which rubber grommet part numbers to purchase to fix this and recommended shock oil to use in them when i rebuild? is there anything else i can do to prevent it from happening again besides changing the entire shock/suspension system.

Thanks!

Call Horizon and they will ship you a new set. Otherwise if you want an upgrade, consider the Hot Racing bodies, or the Typhon 6s replacements if you can find them.

Very common issue with the 3s shocks. One of the only flaws with that whole line. I hear the 4s shocks are better, and are pretty cheap on ebay. Wonder if they will work. I used typhon 6s shocks on my Granite.

Very common issue with the 3s shocks. One of the only flaws with that whole line. I hear the 4s shocks are better, and are pretty cheap on ebay. Wonder if they will work. I used typhon 6s shocks on my Granite.
The 4S are a little longer than the 3S shocks. The 4S arms are wider and the bottom shock mounting position is out further on the arm because of this. It’s not a big difference and I’m sure you could just run without preload to compensate for the difference in length. The thing I’m unsure about is spring tension. But that’s an easy fix.

I bought new seals and guess what, the bottom caps on two shocks just wouldn’t budge. I tried so hard to get a good grip on that bottom plastic built in tool on the shock and kept trying to turn. It just kept popping out. And eventually wore the plastic grips in the shock. I am soo frustrated!!! They don’t damn respond to emails and calling them u just be willing it’s stay on hold for hours! I can not afford to call them from out of country

I bought new seals and guess what, the bottom caps on two shocks just wouldn’t budge. I tried so hard to get a good grip on that bottom plastic built in tool on the shock and kept trying to turn. It just kept popping out. And eventually wore the plastic grips in the shock. I am soo frustrated!!! They don’t damn respond to emails and calling them u just be willing it’s stay on hold for hours! I can not afford to call them from out of country
Horizon hobby is a busy industry use the call back option always works for me. What you described about plastic wearing off is because the thing was way too tight. Happened to me when i first rebuilded the shocks i tightened the dam thing so badly that the second time i tried to take them off it took me almost an hour. Learned my lesson. Get the 4s shocks they seem reslly nice from the price on jennyrc or get the 6s typhon shocks
5months on my 4s shocks 4 oil changes still no leaks and i use green slime in the oring to make a nice seal and proctection

Iam in Australia my one is the same just 2 time running the shock already wet ? back to shop they told me no Warranty!! My God just running two time

Iam in Australia my one is the same just 2 time running the shock already wet ? back to shop they told me no Warranty!! My God just running two time
Yeah, the local hobby shop normally won't help with warranty stuff... You need to call Horizon Hobbies. Maybe they can send you the new gasket set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back