Typhon Arrma Typhon 6s BLX V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miksenton75

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys i have just got into rc cars and loving bashing my senton , but im thinking of getting into racing on my local track norhing to serious just for a bit of fun band was wondering if the Typhon 6s would do the job ,
Thanks mik

Hi there guys i have just got into rc cars and loving bashing my senton , but im thinking of getting into racing on my local track norhing to serious just for a bit of fun band was wondering if the Typhon 6s would do the job ,
Thanks mik
If doing the local track or competition track, the 6S just has too much power and is not well-tuned for the track. In more recent videos that compare the new Typhon TLR to the 6S on the track indoor or outdoor track the TLR is far better and tuned and running 4S.

I would suggest a TLR on 4S but you would need to add electronics.

The 6s is a great machine but I would get the TLRtuned 3s roller then build it to suit your race goals. I have a v3 3s typhon I’m setting up for track duty because I love to race. When I bought it there was no TLR tuned 3s or I probably would have gone that route. I race for fun and enjoy being the underdog so the stock 3s platform works perfectly for me. I am slowly adding race parts to it to get the most out of it though. It’s fun because I like wrenching almost as much as racing and it’s more custom. good luck🍀

Last edited:
If doing the local track or competition track, the 6S just has too much power and is not well-tuned for the track. In more recent videos that compare the new Typhon TLR to the 6S on the track indoor or outdoor track the TLR is far better and tuned and running 4S.

The 6s is a great machine but I would get the TLRtuned 3s roller then build it to suit your race goals. I have a v3 3s typhon I’m setting up for track duty because I love to race. When I bought it there was no TLR tuned 3s or I probably would have gone that route. I race for fun and enjoy being the underdog so the stock 3s platform works perfectly for me. I am slowly adding race parts to it to get the most out of it though. It’s fun because I like wrenching almost as much as racing and it’s more custom. good luck🍀
Gday mate i like the 3s aswell i just didn’t think it was good enough but by the sounds of it might be the go , im not to fussed on changing things out at the moment just want to put battery in change the tyres and race 😂, but what sort of parts are you changing to make it better ? Thanks
mik

Thanks mate

Based on what your saying I would suggest the 3s typhoon. It's ready to run and is one of my favorites. My 6s typhoon is to heavy and has a bit too much power for the low and narrow stance, flips too easily imo
Thanks mate looks like its a sento 3

I disagree, get the 6s Typhon and run it on 4s. The 6s is a way better machine, even on 4s. The TLR would be even better but the 6s varient will still be doing laps while you're wrenching on the 3s Typhon. And I own both the 3s and 6s Typhon 🙂
And the TLR is still based on the 6s version. They share many parts. No brainer.

I disagree, get the 6s Typhon and run it on 4s. The 6s is a way better machine, even on 4s. The TLR would be even better but the 6s varient will still be doing laps while you're wrenching on the 3s Typhon. And I own both the 3s and 6s Typhon 🙂
And the TLR is still based on the 6s version. They share many parts. No brainer.
Cheers mate my first pick was the 6s and the guy at the hobie shop said the same thing run it on 4s , does running it on
cherrs mate my first pick was the 6s just looks like a tough car with good parts and the guy at hobie shop said the same thing run it on 4s , does running it on 4s slow it down ? Only new at this rc stuff

Yes it's going to be slower on 4s but around a track 4s is way more manageable and with the right gearing still plenty fast enough. Still a load of torque and power of the line.

This is not around a track but is my Typhon on 4s You be the judge 😉

Yes it's going to be slower on 4s but around a track 4s is way more manageable and with the right gearing still plenty fast enough. Still a load of torque and power of the line.

This is not around a track but is my Typhon on 4s You be the judge 😉

That thing is awsome , thanks for all the info , I reckon the s6 is the go 👍🏻

I'd avoid the 3s and 6s and go for the TLRT Typhon on 4s.

Is the TLR really THAT different? Essentially it's an EXB Roller version. If you've never built an RC before the RTR has to be a better option?

I think for the track the TLR has to be the best option. It's also like the only arrma 6s that comes with bearings in the steering bell crank instead of bushings. It also allows for a lot more customization that should be important for track use imo.

I'm no expert or anything and I haven't been in the hobby even half a year but funny enough the TLR was the first roller I ever got, and I was a total noob. I had only a TalionEXB RTR before that and I had never even opened up diffs or anything lol. I looked at a youtube video of someone adding electronics to a roller and saw how easy it was. Gave it a shot and had zero problems. If I can do it anyone can cause I'm horrible at this type of stuff :ROFLMAO:

I think for the track the TLR has to be the best option. It's also like the only arrma 6s that comes with bearings in the steering bell crank instead of bushings. It also allows for a lot more customization that should be important for track use imo.

I'm no expert or anything and I haven't been in the hobby even half a year but funny enough the TLR was the first roller I ever got, and I was a total noob. I had only a TalionEXB RTR before that and I had never even opened up diffs or anything lol. I looked at a youtube video of someone adding electronics to a roller and saw how easy it was. Gave it a shot and had zero problems. If I can do it anyone can cause I'm horrible at this type of stuff :ROFLMAO:
Thats my problem i have never touched a rc car before and don't want to buy the wrong stuff and don't have a clue what im doing atm but I want to learn

Thats my problem i have never touched a rc car before and don't want to buy the wrong stuff and don't have a clue what im doing atm but I want to learn
Before you buy anything, ask here for recommendations. I see far too many folks who buy something first and then ask how they did after they have bought the item.

I want to say you should probably get an rtr first but at the same time, adding electronics to a roller is really not difficult at all. If you're even halfway decent with your hands you will find it to be extremely easy. My best advice to you would be to check out a YouTube video of someone doing a typhon TLR build and get a feel for what you would be in for if you went that route. You'll probably think it looks easy too. =D

Gday mate i like the 3s aswell i just didn’t think it was good enough but by the sounds of it might be the go , im not to fussed on changing things out at the moment just want to put battery in change the tyres and race 😂, but what sort of parts are you changing to make it better ? Thanks
mik

Thanks mate
No problem. suspension and handling are key along with putting the power to the ground effectively. It’s plenty fast enough to compete in 3s class with the stock electrics

A typhon 6s RTR with some minor tweaks running 4s on a track will probably be just fine. The TLR version is going to have some of those tweaks already worked out so all you have to do is figure out electronics and gearing on what works best for you. Before you buy any car I would go to the local track and see what everyone else is running. See what classes are the most popular, some tracks are best suited for 1/10 scale and some are better for 1/8th scale, some even the smaller buggies. I was down at the local track and the guys having the most fun were on 1/16th stuff. I've been lusting for a TLR Typhon but my kid has been pressing hard for a 1/5th scale so I went that route and will probably get 2 buggies in the not so distant future.

So far I’ve replaced all of the stock plastic pivot balls with hot racing aluminum, replaced the stock plastic bell crank with bushings for the aluminum hot racing one with bearings and typhon 6s shocks are going on it this weekend then tuned to my liking. I think a better transmitter would also help some as well when I save enough money.I’m going to buy some race tires that suit the dirt best at the track I’m going to be racing at. That’s most important if you ask me. Power is a non-issue. My son’s high school tuition comes first though and it’s $$$$$👍

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feed back guys in the end i went with the Typhon 3s , i think i have just about read every thing about them on this site very helpful in my decision.
i have only been into this rc cars for a few weeks and geez im hooked i cant wait till the track near me opens and u can race them with my son
Thanks mik

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back