Typhon Arrma Typhon 6s BLX185 esc BLX hotmotor Fan upgrades surpass hobby rocket fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there

first time poster. Sorry if this has been posted before
Just wondering if the voltages on the surpass hobby fans can handle 6s BLX 185 esc.
what's the stock fan voltage.

parts looking at
motor heatsink fan: https://bit.ly/3fqgbrc
esc fan: which surpass hobby rocker 35mm esc fan/connector works with the blx185 esc.

If I have it all wrong can someone point me in the right direction for motor heatsink/fan
esc fan upgrades.

thank you all for your time

Welcome aboard!! 😁 ✌️

I don't have the Surpass fans, but have 3 similair 40mm ones on my Typhon 6s. 2 on motor and one on esc. No problems at all.

You won't need a heat sink though. Just get this to hold 1 or 2 fans.
Screenshot_20221101-071040_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Welcome
Hi there

first time poster. Sorry if this has been posted before
Just wondering if the voltages on the surpass hobby fans can handle 6s BLX 185 esc.
what's the stock fan voltage.

parts looking at
motor heatsink fan: https://bit.ly/3fqgbrc
esc fan: which surpass hobby rocker 35mm esc fan/connector works with the blx185 esc.

Technically there is no "stock fan voltage" - the ESC has an output that powers the servo, receiver and any accessories such as fans. For the BLX185 there is an output of 6.0 volts. Some ESC's allow adjustable output from 5.5 to 8.4 (or more) volts.

If 🔥🔥 starts coming out with your fan air it's too high. :cool:

On a serious note, look at the sticker on the back of the fan it should tell you the nominal voltage or the voltage range. Some people push fans past their stock voltages and are fine, others, the fan fails shortly after. Your choice on that one, just check to see what your ESC BEC voltage is set at and that is the same voltage that will be applied to your fan as well.

I have a couple 12v server fans and they run awesome on 7.4volts (and pull alot less current).

thanks for the replys
any fan upgrade links you can recommend

also what are some essential upgrades for the blx 6s typhon.
got s/h says been serviced greased and shimmed correctly.

iv got a DUMBORC-X6 2.4Ghz and DUMBORC X6FG gyro (which have no idea how to use lol).
coming from wltoys lol biiiiiig learning curve.

any info would be great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back