Typhon Arrma typhon 6s blx185 slow top speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought s/h blx185 Typhon 6s v4seems to have a low top speed

Is there a high speed pinion I can buy.
I think the spectrum v5 has a 20t high Speed pinion I'm not sure if that would work in the older v4 model.

If anyone can help send me links for correct hight speed pinion for my blx185 v4

Models numbers would be great thank you
And how to install new pinion.

Thank you for your help was a bit disappointed with the current top speed

What actual speeds are you clocking in the first place??? Need a GPS speed meter to actually know.
Perhaps your ESC's Motor rotation setting is backwards. Reverse always is slower. Also could be the Radio that is wrong. For/rev switch.
On the bench with the wheels off, try throttling the rig Forw and then Rev. Notice if Rev is faster or slower than Forw. If Rev is faster, your setting is backwards. And you need to access the ESC's parameters.
Typhon should be able to go plenty fast with the stock gearing on 6s.
I think you did something wrong.
And you are trying to do the obvious and just drop in a larger pinion. Need to verify the above first before you change out the pinion.
20t speed pinion is not for dirt or grass. It is for Pavement speed running. Otherwise you can overheat things. Always have a Temp gun in hand. They are cheap and needed in every RC toolbox and also out in the field with you. Need to check the Motor, ESC, Lipos etc, for their operating temps. Too large a pnion on the wrong terrain will cause overtemps. With frequent LVC and prematurely overheated Failed motors.
I find that on dirt 50+/-mph is plenty. But with a 20 pinion, close to 70mph is achievable on Pavement. Will run much hotter however.

Last edited:
thank you for the reply
I have attached the pinion pictures the pinion does look quite small
can anyone tell me if this the a underpowered pinion? can i step it up for higher top speed?

checked remote and esc all fine.

20221112_225742742_iOS.jpg

20221112_232433598_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back