Typhon Arrma typhon 6s blx185 slow top speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought s/h blx185 Typhon 6s v4seems to have a low top speed

Is there a high speed pinion I can buy.
I think the spectrum v5 has a 20t high Speed pinion I'm not sure if that would work in the older v4 model.

If anyone can help send me links for correct hight speed pinion for my blx185 v4

Models numbers would be great thank you
And how to install new pinion.

Thank you for your help was a bit disappointed with the current top speed

20221112_232433598_iOS.jpg
20221112_225742742_iOS.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I attached some pictures of the current pinion
im sure what size it is but looks quite small too me
any suggestions
thanks for the reply :)

hey been told its a 12t pinon thinking stepping it up to a 16t or 18t more top speed with proper fans heatsink etc

"I'm not 100% sure but I attached some pictures of the current pinion"

Om come on. You can count the teeth on that pinion, can't you?
Don't go up too much at the time with pinions. Try two teeth more and watch your temps closely. Stock is often spot on.
I can count 15t

thank you for the reply
can i run this pinion below with extra cooling?

just looking for correct pinion lol
links would be awesome thank you

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/pinion-gear-20t-hd-mod1-safe-d5/ARA310967.html

Please go through your manual. You need to do stuff like making sure the throttle endpoints/limits are set properly. Then figure out what tooth pinion you are running and try stock first if it's below stock or else go up a teeth or two and then monitor temps.

As mentioned above, a SAFE-D pinion will not work with the BLX motor because the shaft is not cut flat to the end.

You have to be aware that the 20t 'speed pinion' is only to be used for on road running with as little breaking and accelerating as possible,. Because it stresses the system to the max.
16t is stock and may be plenty. Especially running off road. You may get away with 17t or 18t in low ambient temperature and a good cooling system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back