Typhon Arrma Typhon 6s breaking into the triple digits - video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
The day I finally made it to 100 mph. So many 97's, 98's and 99's along the way, but with a little help from the people here on the Forum, 101 mph achieved. Now onto the next plateau.

If everybody only knew. Onward an upward we go?
I always wanted to be a member of the 100mph Club. Just cant find the space for my Lim. And she has long legs too. :(

I always wanted to be a member of the 100mph Club. Just cant find the space for my Lim. And she has long legs too. :(
This is a hard fact for anyone that wants to do it. This little stretch I used, was barely big enough. On the return pass, I lost sight of the car. Luckily it stopped before it hit anything. Smooth country roads with ditches and no curbs are the best. Even if something goes wrong, you're less likely to have any real carnage.

This is a hard fact for anyone that wants to do it. This little stretch I used, was barely big enough. On the return pass, I lost sight of the car. Luckily it stopped before it hit anything. Smooth country roads with ditches and no curbs are the best. Even if something goes wrong, you're less likely to have any real carnage.
I watch all you guys speed run. I always notice swails/ ditches and no street curbs. I keep hitting curbs and been through one chassis and a complete body/nose and wings already. All I can get is in the high 70's, with plenty of trigger left before I need to brake.

The crashes are truly discouraging, not to mention expensive!! This is why I refuse to run anywhere curbs exist. Going sideways into the cornfield at 100+ causes enough damage... ?

I watch all you guys speed run. I always notice swails/ ditches and no street curbs. I keep hitting curbs and been through one chassis and a complete body/nose and wings already. All I can get is in the high 70's, with plenty of trigger left before I need to brake.
My 100 mph run was between two curbs, a dead end on one side, and a slight rise into a curve on the other. It's about the dumbest spot I could've chosen, but because of the clean surface and lack of traffic, I still use it when I can. One late brake and she's going straight into the curb at the end.

1/4 mile is not enough for my setup. I need a good 1/3'rd of that distance to stop at a minimum. That's problem.
On a bike banked velodrome track I can only get up to low 70's. My second chassis is tweaked, She darts out of no where in the 60's. So it stays on the shelf now, till I tear it down again. Chassis appears straight and flat, but I think there is some uneven kick up at the front, left to right. I even changed out the tires, thinking I had a bad belt or something.., and a droop adjust doesn't compensate. I mounted a cam to see what's happening. I still don't get it. Maybe another chassis. Is anyone making upgrade chassis for the Lim? I don't see one. I don't want CF. The Lim Chassis is on B/O.

Nice work bro?.
Sounds like you swapped that ESC out for a Castle. Did you keep the 2050kv motor?

Nice work bro?.
Sounds like you swapped that ESC out for a Castle. Did you keep the 2050kv motor?
Yep and yep. Plan is to drop a new BLX 185 back on with a cap pack installed. Want my 100 mph to be an all Arrma accomplishment.

Yep and yep. Plan is to drop a new BLX 185 back on with a cap pack installed. Want my 100 mph to be an all Arrma accomplishment.
Nice...... It would be a pretty sweet accomplishment as blokes out there reckon it can’t be done.
You got close with that 98 so I reckon you’ll get there ?

My 100 mph run was between two curbs, a dead end on one side, and a slight rise into a curve on the other. It's about the dumbest spot I could've chosen, but because of the clean surface and lack of traffic, I still use it when I can. One late brake and she's going straight into the curb at the end.
I got nervous when you didn't see it and was running towards it. We all been there before. I have been run over by a car before, total loss it was. ?‍♂️
I try to have someone spot traffic for me. Usually my son.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back