Typhon arrma typhon 6s v5 Normal wear and tear of pinion gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpmethanks

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
im still learning but today i saw my typhon have wear on pinion gear just wondering is that normal ? any good brand pinion gear i should buy ?

20210314_175011.jpg

20210314_175021.jpg

20210314_174834.jpg

20210314_174431.jpg

20210314_175051.jpg

Either it was to tight or to loose. I'm sure someone with have the right answer . I'll be watching for the answer . These are the first cars I've had where you can adjust the mesh .

Looks normal. I don't think arrma use hardened pinion. Im using a tekno pinion from my local hobby shop. It seems to be holding better than the stock.

Looks like it was too loose as it's wearing away and deforming the edge of the teeth. Honestly I'd just buy some stock replacements from Jenny's for like $7 and make sure to set the mesh right next time. I've ran stock Pinions in my rigs for months and months with no issues at all.

Hard to tell but your mesh might be a little loose. How much run time has that pinion had?
i say around 10 runs even had the punch setting level 9 had it for 2 days
Looks like it was too loose as it's wearing away and deforming the edge of the teeth. Honestly I'd just buy some stock replacements from Jenny's for like $7 and make sure to set the mesh right next time. I've ran stock Pinions in my rigs for months and months with no issues at all.
do you think i can save it by make it little bet tighter ?

i say around 10 runs even had the punch setting level 9 had it for 2 days

do you think i can save it by make it little bet tighter ?
If you want to have your spur gear chewed up from the misshapen teeth and have to replace it as well go for it but I personally wouldn't even attempt as it's just going to cost you more money in the long run. Like I said jenny's has Pinions for like 2-3$ plus $5 shipping is a whole like $8
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ars-12t-16t-steel-mod-1-5mm-outcast-ara8611v5
Or this one's not even $2 but out of stock just check daily as they update parts availability almost daily on Jenny's
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-mojave-6s-exb-pinion-gear-16t-steel-mod-1-5mm-shaft-size-ara7204

If you want to have your spur gear chewed up from the misshapen teeth and have to replace it as well go for it but I personally wouldn't even attempt as it's just going to cost you more money in the long run. Like I said jenny's has Pinions for like 2-3$ plus $5 shipping is a whole like $8
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ars-12t-16t-steel-mod-1-5mm-outcast-ara8611v5
Or this one's not even $2 but out of stock just check daily as they update parts availability almost daily on Jenny's
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-mojave-6s-exb-pinion-gear-16t-steel-mod-1-5mm-shaft-size-ara7204
one more question i have 20 t pinion gear brand new can i just use it on my typhon and change TH/LIM 50/75/100 TO (50) and not worried about the temperature ???

The exact same thing is happening to my notorious 6s as well . I did not do anything to it before I notice i.e. try to change pinion or even remove the motor itself. So I say it just might be normal especially if the punch is.up because mine is pretty high as well..

I been chewing up pinion an spurs since 2016. Not the mesh either, its just friction wear,metal on metal, stupidest thing about these rc cars besides drive cup wear. Running same stock pinion spur in my xmaxx since there day one. Why I have only bought one arrma rc,cause I regularly have to buy parts for one car is enough for me. If someone makes an rc car where pinion an spur are lubes like diffs iam buying that one for sure.
Always just figured it's the 6s power thing, like real racing,they rebuild between races too cause of high horse power. Especially drag racing where they produce silly power to wheels.

one more question i have 20 t pinion gear brand new can i just use it on my typhon and change TH/LIM 50/75/100 TO (50) and not worried about the temperature ???
It would work but still might have some heat issues as it's a lot larger pinion. It will at least allow you to drive the rig until you get a new pinion👍

Looks fine to me. It’s a wear part like tires and bodies. Don’t sweat it. Just buy a replacement to have on hand and be ready for when it’s past it’s lifespan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back