Typhon Arrma Typhon 6s V5 -V.S- Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon 6s, what is better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole8828

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What’s the top speed of the Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon 6s RTR? What should I get, Arrma Typhon 6s V5 or TLR Tuned RTR version? I want the roller but it’s off sale rn because of back orders.

They will both have the same top speed. Off the top of my head the main differences are the 7075 chassis, shock towers and steering plate. No point in the TLR if you end up replacing those pieces. If you like the TLR parts and plan to keep them then that might be the better option for you.

They will both have the same top speed. Off the top of my head the main differences are the 7075 chassis, shock towers and steering plate. No point in the TLR if you end up replacing those pieces. If you like the TLR parts and plan to keep them then that might be the better option for you.
Thanks man. I just saw that someone got it to 113 mph somehow. Anyway. I’ll probably get the 6s V5 and possibly buy the TLR Tuned parts off of Jenny’s RC and put it on there if I want to.

The tlr supposedly had 7075 stuff. Its more designed for racing. You do ur race and take the truck appart. Its going to need maintenance a lot sooner than the RTR i believe with all those extra friction wear parts. Could be wrong
You can buy the delein piatons and o rings i believe. They are regular typhkn shocks but anodized in black with delrin components

I was going to mention that also. Having owned both those Typhons mentioned, the TLR had really nicely setup shocks.
They really are nice! I try to use them on any builds I can :ROFLMAO:

TLR would be better if you just want speed cause its lighter than RTR. That being said it's not as sturdy and probably can't take extreme bashing cause of the pillow ball setup. Those were the first thing to go on mines after a few bumps. The pins pierce right through them on not so hard impact. The shocks on the TLR are superb...probably the best you're gonna get. I'm a Senton 6S guy and I sue the TLR shocks on 2 of my Sentons.

I had both rtr Typhon , and now have a TLR Typhon ( converted to a 6s Senton ) , and there is a noticeable driving / handling improvement on the TLR . Agree , a lot of it in the shocks , but if you know how to tune with the concentric pills you really can dial it in to do more of what you want in handling .

Totally agree with @9g about the pill style suspension setup. I built a "kinda" tlr typhon w/ spare parts & stuff from Jenny's except the chassis & shocks. I meant for it to be a parking lot ripper, but I ultimately stretched it & turned it into a proper off-road basher, it's now one of my two favorites- along w/ the Kraton6s. Problem is those pills are kinda fragile & my driving style broke/deformed a lot of them. Switched to regular aluminum blocks & it's been way more durable.

The pills are supposed to take the certain amount of abuse from racing on a track , probably not intended for doing harder bashing .
Ya mean my 50' cartwheels of doom or the failed triple backflips?🤣

@joshludden

Hey buddy..
I don't suppose you have a post with all your rigs -in one spot do y'all? Just kind of difficult to follow all your builds and at what level of completion...
Guess I'm just too lazy to search &hunt them all down 😁

@joshludden

Hey buddy..
I don't suppose you have a post with all your rigs -in one spot do y'all? Just kind of difficult to follow all your builds and at what level of completion...
Guess I'm just too lazy to search &hunt them all down 😁
I do actually, just had an Arrma family photoshoot last week! Front row L to R: Toe Cutter, Typhotank, Derecho. Back row L to R: Black Sheep & Chinook. Very happy to report that they're all 100% ready to rock @ the moment!!😁😍🤯 Weird, isn't it??🤣

20230217_102805.jpg

I do actually, just had an Arrma family photoshoot last week! Front row L to R: Toe Cutter, Typhotank, Derecho. Back row L to R: Black Sheep & Chinook. Very happy to report that they're all 100% ready to rock @ the moment!!😁😍🤯 Weird, isn't it??🤣

View attachment 280698
That really is a nice collection of RC's! Something for all terrain types. You have alot of time and $ tied up in those rigs. Might want to consider renters insurance if you don't have it already. It's pretty cheap. Just glad your flood incident didn't affect them or other valuables.

That really is a nice collection of RC's! Something for all terrain types. You have alot of time and $ tied up in those rigs. Might want to consider renters insurance if you don't have it already. It's pretty cheap. Just glad your flood incident didn't affect them or other valuables.
Thanks!! Yep, I've tried to cover all the terrain that I like to rip & have readily available. Already have the renter's insurance, I think the $ I've sunk into that one pic is more than everything else I own combined!! My fishing gear would be a distant 2nd w/ about 15 rod/reel combos & countless bags/boxes of tackle 😉😅😳

What’s the top speed of the Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon 6s RTR? What should I get, Arrma Typhon 6s V5 or TLR Tuned RTR version? I want the roller but it’s off sale rn because of back orders.

Hello

Sounds like you are going for a speed runner. I have the TLR and my best friend has the v5. We bash only! We run them neck-neck on the course we built on his farmland. I run my TLR as 21T 4S only, and he is stock 6S. He has great top-end speed of course but never gets that opportunity since we have turns and jumps so take-off and mid-speed and skills is where it is at. TLR is so much lighter with 4S and geared high.

I am NOT an extreme basher, so not killing the TLR it bashes great! Each person is different here. I drive his v5, so I have a feel for it. If I were buying again or new, I'd still go with the TLR.

My $0.02 since you asked (y)

Hello

Sounds like you are going for a speed runner. I have the TLR and my best friend has the v5. We bash only! We run them neck-neck on the course we built on his farmland. I run my TLR as 21T 4S only, and he is stock 6S. He has great top-end speed of course but never gets that opportunity since we have turns and jumps so take-off and mid-speed and skills is where it is at. TLR is so much lighter with 4S and geared high.

I am NOT an extreme basher, so not killing the TLR it bashes great! Each person is different here. I drive his v5, so I have a feel for it. If I were buying again or new, I'd still go with the TLR.

My $0.02 since you asked (y)
x2 on the TLR , my converted TLR Typhon to Senton drives extremely well even with the weight of the SCT body on it . I drives like it's glued to the surface . Because I am used to race kits , this TLR suits me perfect . Once you understand what kick up / caster / camber / anit squat etc does and how to adjust , you can dial the truck to your driving style / surface you're running on .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back