Typhon Arrma typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustinss

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Wanting to build my 6s for speed what are great upgraded parts to get a lot of speed out of??

Better ESC such as the Castle MMX8S or XLX2 is a must if you want to reach 100+mph and some good lipos such as CNHL, yowoo graphines, SMC packs or Turnigy graphines. Stock motor will push 120mph with one of the above ESC's and also good pack/packs listed above as well. Over 120mph you'll need a better motor which there are a lot of choices once you get to that point. As said above take a look through the build threads of some Limitless rigs and also quite a few Typhon/stretched Typhon speed builds.

Better ESC such as the Castle MMX8S or XLX2 is a must if you want to reach 100+mph and some good lipos such as CNHL, yowoo graphines, SMC packs or Turnigy graphines. Stock motor will push 120mph with one of the above ESC's and also good pack/packs listed above as well. Over 120mph you'll need a better motor which there are a lot of choices once you get to that point. As said above take a look through the build threads of some Limitless rigs and also quite a few Typhon/stretched Typhon speed builds.
What 4s packs you suggest running 8s? im running lectron 3s packs 5000 50c

I was looking to get some smc what size would you recommend
Gears and good batteries would be a good start if you sticking with 6S.
what gears do you recommend?

I've had great results from my CNHL Racing Series packs. I run just the 5200mAh 90c packs. I did just pick up some SMC DV Extreme packs that I'm going to compare to my CNHL packs as they have one of SMC's highest power ratings and are quoted 135c. I've heard of great results from the yowoo graphines you can find on Amazon or eBay. But so far my CNHL packs run great and have so far pushed me to 138mph.

I'd recommend at least the 5200mAh packs regardless of brand. Also gearing is going to depend on a few different things such as motor size and kv, diff gearing and what speed you plan to shoot for.

I notice it said the mmx8s was for 1/6 scale would it still work on my 1/8 scale

I would just buy a bunch of gears off of Amazon or eBay and get a sky rc gps analyzer and just play with it I only have 2 SMC batteries they are 4S and I just went with the largest and the highest c rating but I drag race with them for speed runs going with what @Edough13 said is good.
I notice it said the mmx8s was for 1/6 scale would it still work on my 1/8 scale
I run the 1717 combo in my limitless and I put a 1520 combo in my dads infraction

I've had great results from my CNHL Racing Series packs. I run just the 5200mAh 90c packs. I did just pick up some SMC DV Extreme packs that I'm going to compare to my CNHL packs as they have one of SMC's highest power ratings and are quoted 135c. I've heard of great results from the yowoo graphines you can find on Amazon or eBay. But so far my CNHL packs run great and have so far pushed me to 138mph.

I'd recommend at least the 5200mAh packs regardless of brand. Also gearing is going to depend on a few different things such as motor size and kv, diff gearing and what speed you plan to shoot for.
I would like to be around 140 so tell me a part list that could help me get there and money isn’t a problem, I have no problem with tweaking with the gears so tell me everything you recommend to help get close to 140 and I’ll put it together

I would like to be around 140 so tell me a part list that could help me get there and money isn’t a problem, I have no problem with tweaking with the gears so tell me everything you recommend to help get close to 140 and I’ll put it together
That’s gonna be a lot of trial and error ya not something where we can tell you to get this or that there’s a lot of variables, going with a MMX8s is a good start I’m not sure on motor Kv I would look at some of the speed builds for that.

Yes just means the ESC pits out enough power to push around a bigger rig. That's also where the power for speed comes into play with the ESC. So a good start would be the MMX8S and 1717 motor/ESC combo. You can go with the 1650kv or 1260kv lower kv just means you'll need bigger pinions. Also I'd suggest switching the stock 13/43 diffs to the GP5 15/42 diffs, 34t spool and either GRP tires or some Banana Skinz or BSR foams. That will get you to 140mph with 8s and 30t pinion running the 1650kv I'd guess closer to 34t pinion with the 1260kv motor👍
Here's my latest pass with my Limitless but just running 6s as I'm getting used to the new foam tires and new 1717 motor from my previous setup before I crashed at 126mph. So far best PB is 138mph with my Limitless on the previous motor and tires. Now with the 1717 and larger diameter foams should be able to hit my goal of 150mph when I'm comfortable with the foams and ready to start making 8s passes again

Yes just means the ESC pits out enough power to push around a bigger rig. That's also where the power for speed comes into play with the ESC. So a good start would be the MMX8S and 1717 motor/ESC combo. You can go with the 1650kv or 1260kv lower kv just means you'll need bigger pinions. Also I'd suggest switching the stock 13/43 diffs to the GP5 15/42 diffs, 34t spool and either GRP tires or some Banana Skinz or BSR foams. That will get you to 140mph with 8s and 30t pinion running the 1650kv I'd guess closer to 34t pinion with the 1260kv motor👍
Ok I’ll look into getting the 8s with the 1650kv gp5 15/42 diff with a 30t spool thank you everyone for a great start if I have any more questions I’ll let y’all know and keep y’all updated

Ok I’ll look into getting the 8s with the 1650kv gp5 15/42 diff with a 30t spool thank you everyone for a great start if I have any more questions I’ll let y’all know and keep y’all updated
You'll want the Limitless 34t spool and 30t pinion not 30t spool👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back