Arrma Typhon bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big B Speedy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Please help looking for a list of all the bearings in the typhon (sizes)
Thoughts on different bearings used and why
Acer bearings
Avid bearings
Boca bearings
Fast eddies bearings

IMG_6526.PNG

Thanks for the info
If you have it what about the bearings not included in the above kit
I read some where else in the forum that there were some that had to be purchased separately

I believe those were where people are replacing the 2 steering bushings with bearings.
.... I'll try to see if I can find the thread

bearings are comprised of an outer race, retainer (most of the time) balls (usually steel but in some cases ceramic) an inner race and a shield (pressed in metal) or a seal (usually made of rubber).

The difference between shielded and sealed bearings is that the shield is made of metal and usually not serviceable whereas the sealed bearing has a rubber ring that can be removed to clean out old grease or oil and replace with new.

Ceramic bearings have balls made of ceramic instead of steel for reduced friction and weight but usually cost several times more than a steel ball bearing

Attachments

• IMG_6527.jpg
    IMG_6527.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 40
As far a preference, it depends on if you intend to service the bearings yourself as part of the maintenance schedule or if you'd rather toss them out and replace with new.
Cost is also a factor in all three with shieled being the cheapest (most of the time), sealed being slightly more expensive and ceramic being noticeably more expensive then the previous two.
Unless you're a highly competitive racer or speedrun fanatic I personally don't see the need for ceramic bearings, but that's just me.

bearings are comprised of an outer race, retainer (most of the time) balls (usually steel but in some cases ceramic) an inner race and a shield (pressed in metal) or a seal (usually made of rubber).

The difference between shielded and sealed bearings is that the shield is made of metal and usually not serviceable whereas the sealed bearing has a rubber ring that can be removed to clean out old grease or oil and replace with new.

Ceramic bearings have balls made of ceramic instead of steel for reduced friction and weight but usually cost several times more than a steel ball bearing
Thanks for the info

As far a preference, it depends on if you intend to service the bearings yourself as part of the maintenance schedule or if you'd rather toss them out and replace with new.
Cost is also a factor in all three with shieled being the cheapest (most of the time), sealed being slightly more expensive and ceramic being noticeably more expensive then the previous two.
Unless you're a highly competitive racer or speedrun fanatic I personally don't see the need for ceramic bearings, but that's just me.
Thanks again

Thanks bud how often would you say these require maintenance and how would you go about this?

Thanks bud how often would you say these require maintenance and how would you go about this?
Wheel hubs, and differential bearings are easy to inspect. Hubs are easiest to remove, so check often, clean if necessary, replace when they start to bind too much. Differentials take more time, as you have to completely disassemble to remove, so just pop the difs out every once and a while, and make sure they're spinning freely. The ones in the dif cases, take a lot of effort to remove the first time. Taking the case out of the truck to do it, will make the job easier. The outer bearings on the pinion will likely get dirty faster, so you need to keep an eye on them. Once you start servicing your rig, this type of thing just gets easier and easier. There's no time frame on maintenance. It depends on where you run, how much water and dust and dirt accumulates, and how clean you keep everything. A dust cover of some kind, will help keep the bearings in the dif case and center dif, cleaner, longer. It's a hobby, so get ready to get dirty.

To get to the front differential bulkhead bearings you pretty much have to remove the front end of the truck. You can get to the rear ones without removing the rear, but it's much easier when you remove it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back