Typhon Arrma typhon damper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legloude

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello, I'm new on the site My name is Brice, I'm French sorry for the translation. i have a typhon arrma 6s. I'm 34 years old. I have a small question to ask you, I would like to change my shock absorbers by other beefier I practice on a dirt track with some bumps. I often twist the rods of shock absorbers that's why I'd like to change them. Do you have some advice to give me? Mark? model? thank you in advance

I'm not sure which version of the Typhon you have, by the picture it looks like v1 or v2.
I would go to the v3/v4 shocks. they thickened the rods. I would also check that your droop screws, you can limit the suspension travel a bit, that will have reduce the forces on the shocks.

have the V1 you think that between the V1 and V3 or V4 there is a difference in diameter of the rods?

have the V1 you think that between the V1 and V3 or V4 there is a difference in diameter of the rods?
@Yonic is right.
The V3 and V4 Typhon models have a 4mm shock shaft which was new and started on the V3 model Typhon 6S.
Link: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330479

Quote Arrma; "
  • NEW Heavy-duty 4mm steel shock shafts take big-hits in their stride and offer amazing durability.
  • Adjustable oil-filled shocks with 4 mm shafts boost durability
"

It would get expensive though buying all the parts to build up the shocks so your best bet would be to buy a good used set of Typhon shocks. Try eBay maybe for starters.

Oh and welcome to the forum. (y)

Thank you for your answer, can you help me on the purchase of shock absorber? Models to take and avoid. Do you have ebay links?

thank you in advance

Thank you for your answer, can you help me on the purchase of shock absorber? Models to take and avoid. Do you have ebay links?

thank you in advance
You're welcome for the help. ;)

You said you were/are French, ...are you living in France?

If so there is a seller on eBay UK who has the brand new version 4 shocks for sale right now.
Front shocks: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arrma-Ty...590984?hash=item42001ab1c8:g:PbMAAOSwxXJcybVh
Rear shocks: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arrma-Ty...593728?hash=item42001abc80:g:8b0AAOSwL1dcybap

It's actually a really good price for them as the sum of the parts is worth much more. Hope that helps. (y)

Thank you for the info.
I live in the South East of france in Vinon sur Verdon 83560
Thank you again it's really cool of you.
Have a good day

Thank you for the info.
I live in the South East of france in Vinon sur Verdon 83560
Thank you again it's really cool of you.
Have a good day
You're more than welcome.

Love France, such a lovely country. Used to go on holiday there every year with my family growing up so have a lot of fond memories of France.
Hope you have a good day too Legloude. (y)

in region you come to France?
We visited all over, ...mainly around Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Marsielle and Nice in the South.

As a young boy I always looked forward to going so I could buy bangers (LeTigre petards) and knives from the markets. :D Also I love cheese and France is fantastic for food. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back