Typhon Arrma typhon esc fan stop working.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creator4983

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello friends. Last week i ran my typhon at the local track and when i was taking the last battery of the day, i realized that while still on, the fan on the esc wasn't running. It always worked when truning the switch on, so i checked with the cable in case it got loose, but it was firmly secured. Is there a known replacement for the fan that is easy to get?. Im asking because buying the original arrma maybe it's more expensive. Could i fit a small fan from an old graphic card straight away?.
Thanks in advance!!

Hello friends. Last week i ran my typhon at the local track and when i was taking the last battery of the day, i realized that while still on, the fan on the esc wasn't running. It always worked when truning the switch on, so i checked with the cable in case it got loose, but it was firmly secured. Is there a known replacement for the fan that is easy to get?. Im asking because buying the original arrma maybe it's more expensive. Could i fit a small fan from an old graphic card straight away?.
Thanks in advance!!
I would call Horizon and get a replacement fan from them. ??

Amazon Winnsinn 35mm 5V will fit. Set of 5 and I'm on my second one. Works fine.
Graphics card fans typically run on 12V. Raspberry Pi or 3D printer fans seem to fit but pick solid bearings. At that price it's OK to break a few. Always check between runs but that should be standard anyway.

Hello all, thanks for the replies. Jkflow will try the suggestion from amazon you mentioned. i already got a replacement one but since the state of things now, i haven't had a chance to get on the track.Hope it ends soon, as i need wy track fix :)

Its quite common for the fan wires to break where the are soldered to the fan... and on your new one its definately well worthwhile dissembling it and adding a dab of glue where they connect, to support them and stop them also breaking from the fatigue of continuous vibration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back