Typhon Arrma Typhon - Journey To Speed Build Thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome @Dutch213 . :love:

More importantly though I can't wait to see how it runs for you. Two things though;
  1. Have you decided what pinion gear you are going to start with?
  2. Have you got yourself or decided on a GPS speed meter yet?
:)

lol. gotta get a gps still... Ill prob order one this week.... I have a 29,30, and 32t pinion coming monday so ill start with the smallest one and go up...

lol. gotta get a gps still... Ill prob order one this week.... I have a 29,30, and 32t pinion coming monday so ill start with the smallest one and go up...
Trust me it's rubbish without the GPS speed meter. :p

For example: Before I got mine if you had asked me to guess the speed of my Tamiya Hornet that I've got fitted with a decent Hobbywing ESC and 15T Arrma brushed motor I'd have said 30-35mph maybe.

Tested it the other day and it only got 26mph flat out with the wind behind it. :cautious: :LOL: Still okay I guess but still my point is guessing the speed is impossible.

Excited for you buddy. (y)

I keep envisioning it lifting off ground on first run and demolishing everything... This build was way more expensive than i thought and i still have to get a graphene battery for it..
Just build up your speed slowly obviously until you feel confident enough to go WOT. I'm sure it'll be fine. ;)

I do here really good things about the Turnigy Graphene batteries and I know a lot of the speed runner guys I've seen on YouTube use them.

I went with a Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus battery though because the specs were so good when I was comparing.
Mine is a 6S 5000mAh battery that has a 70C constant discharge and 150C bursts ~ it weighs less than a comparable Turnigy Graphene battery, is slightly cheaper plus has similar high discharge rates.
Have you considered those?
Link to Nano-Tech Plus: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-6s-70c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90-hr-tech.html
Link to comparable Graphene: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-6s-75c.html

Just build up your speed slowly obviously until you feel confident enough to go WOT. I'm sure it'll be fine. ;)

I do here really good things about the Turnigy Graphene batteries and I know a lot of the speed runner guys I've seen on YouTube use them.

I went with a Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus battery though because the specs were so good when I was comparing.
Mine is a 6S 5000mAh battery that has a 70C constant discharge and 150C bursts ~ it weighs less than a comparable Turnigy Graphene battery, is slightly cheaper plus has similar high discharge rates.
Have you considered those?
Link to Nano-Tech Plus: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-6s-70c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90-hr-tech.html
Link to comparable Graphene: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-6s-75c.html

I was gonna go with Turnigy as well.. They seem to be better than SMC...

I have a mamba monster xlx... It comes with motor connectors but i had to solder male connectors on the TP motor which i did successfully but the weller iron didnt have enough heat to tie in the cap pack to the battery wires cause they are like a 1/4' thick each.... I use heat shrink for all the connectors and joints...

View attachment 33131
img_3141-jpg.33129
Sweeeeeeeeet!

I keep envisioning it lifting off ground on first run and demolishing everything... This build was way more expensive than i thought and i still have to get a graphene battery for it..
You could probably spend about $350 more easily less the batteries ?.

Trust me it's rubbish without the GPS speed meter. :p

For example: Before I got mine if you had asked me to guess the speed of my Tamiya Hornet that I've got fitted with a decent Hobbywing ESC and 15T Arrma brushed motor I'd have said 30-35mph maybe.

Tested it the other day and it only got 26mph flat out with the wind behind it. :cautious::LOL: Still okay I guess but still my point is guessing the speed is impossible.

Excited for you buddy. (y)
Still haven’t bought a gps...

You could probably spend about $350 more easily less the batteries ?.

I though maybe I should just list what I have so far.

Castle Mamba XLX - $175
TP motor- $170
Arrma Talion chassis- $65
8mm connectors - $25
cap pack - $40
motor fan- $25
GRP tires - $50
Pinions - $30

still need battery, radio, gps, a better charger, and I had to buy a $100 soldering iron to do this build right.

I though maybe I should just list what I have so far.

Castle Mamba XLX - $175
TP motor- $170
Arrma Talion chassis- $65
8mm connectors - $25
cap pack - $40
motor fan- $25
GRP tires - $50
Pinions - $30

still need battery, radio, gps, a better charger, and I had to buy a $100 soldering iron to do this build right.
That is cheap really.... I am triple that cost in parts alone already, and I have only partially fabbed the cf chassis for the gt8 conversion build ?

That is cheap really.... I am triple that cost in parts alone already, and I have only partially fabbed the cf chassis for the gt8 conversion build ?

My goal was to make as much of the stock typhon work as possible so the cost has been low but labor being a bit higher... When you get into doing something like your build with a custom chassis, the time and cost goes through the roof!

?
Just got my Typhon slider from Ebay. So starting my own journey as well!

This thread has been a great read! Now get the GPS on there and SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!

I live in the northeast and the weather is still not great... I have been focused on my bashers the last few weeks but plan on starting to make some passes on it in a week or so...

If you see another v3 roller let me know... i want to build a typhon for bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back