Typhon Arrma Typhon - Journey To Speed Build Thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in the northeast and the weather is still not great... I have been focused on my bashers the last few weeks but plan on starting to make some passes on it in a week or so...

If you see another v3 roller let me know... i want to build a typhon for bashing.
Will do.

Got mine for $220 + $19 shipping :)

I'm on Ebay waaaay too much. lol

I use thermal pad; perfect if you are in the it field or just purchase :geek:
C23D3607-3552-463C-9D05-36354E6AD201.jpeg

Any updates?
I think we can expect @Dutch213 to be back here soon. He's been in contact with another member, and work just took him out of the game for a while. Sounds like he's almost squared up, and ready to get bashing again. Looking forward to his return.

Lots of good info in this thread but I haven't seen any discussion on upgrading the diff cups to aluminum. You would think the stock cups wouldn't last long doing speed runs. Thoughts?

Lots of good info in this thread but I haven't seen any discussion on upgrading the diff cups to aluminum. You would think the stock cups wouldn't last long doing speed runs. Thoughts?
There is nothing wrong with doing the aluminum diff cup, but generally bashing is harder on diffs than speed runs. Speed runs implement a smooth controlled application of power and braking. Thing of bashing on the other hand where you are smashing full throttle at a moments notice to wheelie, flip, and hard landings where wheels speeds are not matching the vehicle speed.

There is nothing wrong with doing the aluminum diff cup, but generally bashing is harder on diffs than speed runs. Speed runs implement a smooth controlled application of power and braking. Thing of bashing on the other hand where you are smashing full throttle at a moments notice to wheelie, flip, and hard landings where wheels speeds are not matching the vehicle speed.
Makes sense. I thought the higher speeds would potentially over heat the diffs. I have done about 8 or nine runs since I last cleaned and filled the diff cups. I might open the diff cases tonight and inspect the cups. I'm hoping I can hold off till the end of summer to change the diff oil. I only run maybe once a week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back