Typhon Arrma Typhon - Journey To Speed Build Thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job. (y) Yours is really coming together fast.

I finally got my charger, some diff fluid and my Nano-Tech battery delivered today. Waiting on my GRP's now though as the seller didn't have the black rims I wanted so I opted for a different colour. Also got a 23T steel pinion (nitride hardened) from a company here that do R/c rock crawlers mainly. I'm going to run my car this weekend with the 16T Arrma pinion just to get some things set up and then try out the 23T afterwards. Hopefully it works okay and then I can think about moving on up afterwards.

Your build is inspiring.

sweet man... Im kind of jealous.. I kind of wished I started slow and swapped one part at a time so i had more time to test and run it.. If I had a gps i would have but figured id just build it first and get a gps along the way... All I need is that damn motor...Do you have a gps unit yet? thanks btw

What is the rating of the ripple killer pack? I have killmode 6pack for all my builds so far which are rated for 13,200uf. I have found the best location for me has been the stock esc mounting location.

View attachment 29250View attachment 29251
I know, I wish I got a cluster vs stick... it kind of kills the space but i plan on mounting in the same spot... I know the kill mode packs are good but I wanted to support @phildogg cause he has been giving me info and suggestions which is really important.. Im waiting to hear about the uf. don't know off top of head..

sweet man... Im kind of jealous.. I kind of wished I started slow and swapped one part at a time so i had more time to test and run it.. If I had a gps i would have but figured id just build it first and get a gps along the way... All I need is that damn motor...Do you have a gps unit yet? thanks btw
Haven't bought a GPS yet no but I have had a look.
The one I see a lot of guys using is the Dynamite DYN4401 but it is almost £100 ($120) here so I have looked at other units. Skyrc GPS is around half the price of the Dynamite version and looks pretty good on paper.
Link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gps-spe...QYAiABEgImK_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us

I just can't wait for the weekend now so I can throw the Typhon in my car and go look at a few places to run it. :)

Haven't bought a GPS yet no but I have had a look.
The one I see a lot of guys using is the Dynamite DYN4401 but it is almost £100 ($120) here so I have looked at other units. Skyrc GPS is around half the price of the Dynamite version and looks pretty good on paper.
Link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gps-spe...QYAiABEgImK_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us

I just can't wait for the weekend now so I can throw the Typhon in my car and go look at a few places to run it. :)

Ive heard the dynamite units suck.. im gonna go with a garmin but they are $150 min... Kind of pricey...

Ive heard the dynamite units suck.. im gonna go with a garmin but they are $150 min... Kind of pricey...

You should both be happy. 100 Euro or $150 US is like $8043 Canadian Monopoly dollars. F me.

@Notorious J , you are like the unofficial, official mascot of arrma forum....if there was an award for that @WoodiE should give to you...

@Notorious J , you are like the unofficial, official mascot of arrma forum....if there was an award for that @WoodiE should give to you...
I accept your unofficial honor with peace and love. Wish I knew something about Rc's too, but then no one would like me. This way..........

Has the motor shown up yet Dutch? If it hasn't, don't you have something you could throw in for testing? I'm getting antsy waiting for that thing to rocket down the road.;)

You went s7 (medium hard) compound grp tires for better wear?

i read that harder is better but once i got them i knew that they would only be good on some like 100 degree asphalt... too hard

Yeah, I was wondering because I was literally pushing buy on s5 (medium compound) and I was questioning my decision when i saw your s7’s.

I decided on "S3" compound GRP tyres for mine which is "soft" apparently. Not run them properly yet but they feel pretty good so far.

Can't see wear as being a massive issue tbh as it's not going to be making high speed turns or many turns of any sort tbh. ;)

speed runs wreck tires though... traction is supposed to be the biggest issue when trying to go 130+ so that means they are just spinning... I will know soon enough...

I had some GRP s4 slicks on brand new pavement yesterday, and they were pretty slippery at first, but settled down after a good scuff in. And I'm in Florida, so warm weather.

I had some GRP s4 slicks on brand new pavement yesterday, and they were pretty slippery at first, but settled down after a good scuff in. And I'm in Florida, so warm weather.

what was the temp when you were running it..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back