Typhon Arrma Typhon - Journey To Speed Build Thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inside of GRP's were touching on my Typhon 3S, changed back to Duratrax Bandito's for now.
Must be a common problem but I've not heard anyone else mentioning it.

I'm going to stick with the GRP's as I need them for speed runs but as I said earlier I'm going to take a little bit of plastic off the rear hubs with a file or my Dremel to make sure there is enough clearance.

I'm still running the standard BLX 4074 2050kV brushless motor (BLX 185 ESC) that came with my Typhon 6S 2018.

Hoping to see what the fastest speed is that I can get out of the stock motor and ESC first before I start thinking about changing the motor/ESC combo. It's my first brushless system car, first Arrma vehicle and first speed runner so taking my time before ditching the OEM motor/ESC. ;)
I'm right there with you...V3 Typhon 6S, new to speed runs, looking to experiment with top speed with stock electronics.
Questions:
  1. At what point are cap packs beneficial or necessary?
  2. How are they typically spliced into the stock ESC? Just cut and solder between battery and ESC?
  3. What is the range of the factory transmitter?

Thanks in advance.

I'm right there with you...V3 Typhon 6S, new to speed runs, looking to experiment with top speed with stock electronics.
Questions:
  1. At what point are cap packs beneficial or necessary?
  2. How are they typically spliced into the stock ESC? Just cut and solder between battery and ESC?
  3. What is the range of the factory transmitter?
Thanks in advance.
If you're putting moderate to heavy load on the ESC a cap pack will be beneficial

If you're putting moderate to heavy load on the ESC a cap pack will be beneficial

Would a 20-23T pinion/50T spur be considered a heavy load for stock electronics? (GRP tires, 100C 6S battery).
Thanks for the vid! Very helpful.

I'd be a bit careful with the stock transmitter. Do a range test, maybe with a friend on a cell, so you can communicate. I lost signal with my Typhon 3S and truck was still in sight, not all that far away. Didn't go crazy, just lost steering and throttle went to zero (thank goodness). I walked about 10 yards towards truck, and it picked up again. I'm switching all mine over to my RadioLink transmitter. Haven't tested range yet, but I think it will be better. Their receivers have an external antenna. You have to drill a hole through the top of your rig, but that's no biggee.

I'd be a bit careful with the stock transmitter. Do a range test, maybe with a friend on a cell, so you can communicate. I lost signal with my Typhon 3S and truck was still in sight, not all that far away. Didn't go crazy, just lost steering and throttle went to zero (thank goodness). I walked about 10 yards towards truck, and it picked up again. I'm switching all mine over to my RadioLink transmitter. Haven't tested range yet, but I think it will be better. Their receivers have an external antenna. You have to drill a hole through the top of your rig, but that's no biggee.
See that's why it is so important to check your "fail safe" is working before you need to rely on it.

I hear mixed things about the stock transmitter and what distance it is capable of. Not got the spare cash to "upgrade" my transmitter/receiver at the moment but maybe it is something I'll have to consider in the future.

I had not checked the fail safe, and was surprised when I lost signal. I'm assuming they come with the fail safe setup. With no external receiver antenna, I would worry. I am confused about fail safe on my RadioLink, as it is setup on the transmitter with no button pushing on the receiver, that I know of. I might find out the hard way. Funny, I had a bad dream the other night about my truck taking off wide open, and me with no control....:eek: I must do some research.

I will be so pissed if i crash my speed car due to radio signal issues but im still gonna spend my money on bigger motors first...! lol
Think this is more like what your first speed run will be like...

...only problem is then how to get it back from whichever future reality the cars traveled to! :LOL:

Think this is more like what your first speed run will be like...
View attachment 30351

...only problem is then how to get it back from whichever future reality the cars traveled to! :LOL:

Hopefully the future reality is before that crash when my car is still in one piece...lol

besides, USPS lost my motor in CA somewhere and that is an important part of going fast enough to crash at the very least....
Oh no that's not good. I take it that it is a trackable/insured delivery though so you can either find it or claim for it??

I'm waiting on some bits from here, there and everywhere. Specifically Honk Kong, USA and my home country of Blighty. :LOL:

Finally bit the bullet on a GPS speed meter and I decided on the Sky RC model mainly due to its price.
It doesn't have as good a refresh rate (once per second as appose to ten times per second) as the Dynamite model and some others but still from what I have seen it will be good enough for what I want.

did you get your motor?

no dude.... Its lost... Usps lost it and TP wants to wait till the end of the month to issue me a new one... its so frustrating. Yes, i opened a case last week... paypal has us in like this open dialogue about the situation... its stupid...

yeah, it sucks most of all because i cant start making my final fabrication of battery tray, clean aluminum esc mount etc cause i need to know exactly where the motor will be.... you know how it is...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back