Typhon Arrma Typhon Mega aluminum upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edlowrc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole RC world! Bought a wrecked Typhon Mega from a buddy of mine. I swapped in a Hobbywing 2200kv 4 pole motor along with the ESC. Anyways, my question is, Where can I get some machined suspension parts? Do the parts for the 3s and 6s cars from Integy work(? Or what do you guys recommend!? Need help! I want to completely replace most suspension components with aluminum parts. Thanks guys!

Hot Racing makes more parts than you’ll need. If you go with aluminum arms, you’ll break the chassis instead. Do RPM arms instead. They bend but won’t break.

Oh gotcha. Thanks man! And so since RPM only has parts for the typhon 3s blx, those suspension parts will fit the mega correct? Just making sure, because it says "exclusively for the 3s" on the description. But I assume so?

Oh gotcha. Thanks man! And so since RPM only has parts for the typhon 3s blx, those suspension parts will fit the mega correct? Just making sure, because it says "exclusively for the 3s" on the description. But I assume so?
Yes the RPM Typhon arms will fit any of the 3S or Mega 4x4 rigs. They will not work with the 4S hubs. They are also identical left to right. This means you can swap them side to side if when they warp.
With typhon arms you’ll have to get typhon driveshafts as they are longer
This is incorrect sir. The entire Mega and 3S line share driveshafts. They just collapse more on the narrow trucks. You will need the longer turnbuckles for Typhon arms tho. But a Mega Typhon will already have long fixed links.

This is incorrect sir. The entire Mega and 3S line share driveshafts. They just collapse more on the narrow trucks. You will need the longer turnbuckles for Typhon arms tho. But a Mega Typhon will already have long fixed links.
+1

I just did longer Typhon arms and rod ends on my 3s blx granite and confirm original drive shafts fit the longer arms no prob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back