Typhon Arrma Typhon Mega Brushless Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall262

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So I bought my kid a Typhon Mega for his birthday a while ago after seeing some good reviews on YouTube, but he’s starting to get a little unimpressed with it now... It’s the first RC I’ve bought and I’m really impressed with the brand so far

I was looking at getting him the Typhon 3s as an upgrade until I stumbled upon various threads/videos of people upgrading their mega to the same spec

After working out the cost of exactly what I’d need, I reckon I won’t be much worse off taking the above route. Some of the parts included in my list, so I’m led to believe are even ‘upgrades’ from the stock 3s parts such as RPM arms, Servo, Fast Eddy bearing kit and the steel spur gear

The only thing I’m stuck on at the moment is the motor/ESC. I’ve set my sights on the Hobbywing Max 10 combo as the BLX system is considerably more expensive but unsure whether to go with the 3200kv or 4000kv motor?? Also I’ve seen videos of people using a 4s battery with these kits even though the motor is only rated to 3s!!

Another thought I had whilst checking compatible parts was the Kraton 4s motor with the Max 10 ESC. Would this combination even work and if so what would be the up/downsides of it?

Thanks in advance

I just upgraded mine with cheap brushless system and even with 2s lipo, it already significantly faster in acceleration and top speed than the brushed system. Mine is 4300kv and I am using stock gears, servo and receiver. I don't think the mega can handle 4s power without significant modifications (metal gears, sealed bearings, etc) and you will probably end up paying more than getting the 3s blx version.

I just upgraded mine with cheap brushless system and even with 2s lipo, it already significantly faster in acceleration and top speed than the brushed system. Mine is 4300kv and I am using stock gears, servo and receiver. I don't think the mega can handle 4s power without significant modifications (metal gears, sealed bearings, etc) and you will probably end up paying more than getting the 3s blx version.
yea 4s too much gona break stuff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back