Arrma Typhon speedrun fail compilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the three I tried, anything above 20% produced the oscillation issue. Anything below 20% didn’t produce any effect while holding the car in the air and rotating it. There was only minor correction around 20-25% in the air, but then oscillation would begin to happen at higher speeds.
That sounds exactly like what I experienced. Better to just turn it off and let my amazing driving skills find the ditches.

Some standalone Gyros are not best for speed running and their response curves will go against you. I noticed the Drifter crowd use these the most and thats how they ended up with the Basher crowd, then the Speed runner crowd IMHO. It seemed to trickle down to us largely through the RTR Radios/Rx's in the last 5 years. Think Spektrum. The best Drifter drivers use them as a prerequisite. But they are not speed running. Far from the way we use them. RC "Surface" Gyros are based on vibration sensors. Are they really gyros by definition in that sense? I say no. They are more Yaw Rate sensors. Operating in one plane. An X-Y axis. But just consider the severe vibration that speed running generates across any RC chassis at high speeds.
I have 2 SkyRC gyros which I am "somewhat" confortable with after a few months. One is in my Lim using an NB4 and the other is in my MT410/NB4.
These GC-401 Gyros have 3 different Drive modes to accomodate different rigs. It appears to broaden use functionally based on what and how you drive a rig.
Some food for thought.
https://www.skyrc.com/GC401Gyro?search=gc-401

Edit: Again, like I stated in my above post, I feel the type of servo and its operating frequency has much to do with a gyro's response. I feel some Gyro-Servo combinations just don't work well together despite any fine tuning adjustements. I have always had oscillation issues with combination RX integrated Gyros and always disabled them in my speed running. Hence why I researched standalone types, which traditionally work much better.
With the three I tried, anything above 20% produced the oscillation issue. Anything below 20% didn’t produce any effect while holding the car in the air and rotating it. There was only minor correction around 20-25% in the air, but then oscillation would begin to happen at higher speeds.
I understand that it appears that anything below 20% doesn't appear to correct St as you hold the vehicle up, however I do feel better control vs disabling it. Mostly with rapid braking, straight stops are apparent. A Gyro properly set up should never appear obvious in it response. It should always feel like you are in complete control like it is not even there. Limited dual rate reduces much of the effect IMHO. Conversely, Dedicated Drifter rigs use Extreme turning angles in their ST geometry chassis setup. Quite the opposite of speed running.

Last edited:
Forget the snow plow, you need a lawn mower on the front of that thing..!! 😉🤣🤣🤣
Just put an extra motor up there with a trim line and it will be a speedwacker

Edit: better yet, take out the front diff and convert it to a PTO for the trimmer line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back