Typhon arrma typhon tire upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hello world! i hope everyone is healthy and staying safe out there)

i just bought my very first electric rc car: arrma typhon 6s!

pretty happy with it overall, except maybe for tires as looks like there are completely gone after brand new 6s battery and a nice day outside)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kYqE3DGPM95A2ieg9

is there better tires or ...

the good part of it of course is:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fx4zkgrQjN7nwuk77

i didn't do that all day long, but I definitely did few of those for sure))

please advise and thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_191957.jpg
    IMG_20200423_191957.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Change out diff fluids, I have 6s and too much power I run hoons, proline street tires and badlands for dirt but street tires damn it’s like driving on ice. But after I swapped diff fluid that power running mmx 2200 setup mannnnn it feels so much better driving and turns with ease

Change out diff fluids, I have 6s and too much power I run hoons, proline street tires and badlands for dirt but street tires damn it’s like driving on ice. But after I swapped diff fluid that power running mmx 2200 setup mannnnn it feels so much better driving and turns with ease

i'm a n00b) i'm not really sure what "diff fluid" is, but please tell me more) also, what is mmx 2200?
at the moment i'd like to stay stock (or close to it) maybe few upgrades here and there if it is "a must"
mainly will be driving on concrete and/or pavement, occasionally offroad: grass/ground/sand/etc.

Not sure if you ever found the answer that you were looking for but diff fluid is the silicone oil in the front/center/rear differentials. It should have to do with tire/wheel spin depending on the viscosity used. There are plenty of threads on good diff fluid weights.

I used these 2 videos when I did my first set of diffs and it was pretty easy after that.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back