Typhon arrma typon 3s motor washer size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
arrma typon 3s The washers in the motor disassembled and assembled. I thought it was a broken piece of bearing, so I threw it away. I just found out this was a washer. Tell me what size to buy. for God's sake
I wonder if I can drive without a washer.
20200214_134745.jpg

which one's did you throw away? the wavy washers? or the spacer?

which one's did you throw away? the wavy washers? or the spacer?
Thank you. But I threw it all away. If you have to buy a new washer, Should I buy a wave washer? When I searched the size, I wonder if I can buy a 5mm inner diameter of Oershire. Is that right? Spacer? The slightly thick part you see in that picture. Is it a spacer? Should I buy that, too? I'm driving on Typhon without those parts. I don't have a big I don't know if I can keep driving without the washers. I'm so curious.

yep, the spacer and the 2 wavy washers.. your going to have to get creative at this point.. 5mm i.d on both.. think 7mm o.d?.. ill have to check.. will also have to check thickness of them... honestly your best bet is see if anyone here has a motor that puked bearings, and see if they will part with it...

running without the spacer and wavy spring washers will allow the rotor to walk back and forth in the can.. which means your pinion is also walking back and forth.. the shaft may possibly start to carve through the end cap, drawing the pinion back into the face of the can,or the mount, possibly taking the spur out from lack of contact patch.. really rolling the dice not having those and running it..

yep, the spacer and the 2 wavy washers.. your going to have to get creative at this point.. 5mm i.d on both.. think 7mm o.d?.. ill have to check.. will also have to check thickness of them... honestly your best bet is see if anyone here has a motor that puked bearings, and see if they will part with it...

running without the spacer and wavy spring washers will allow the rotor to walk back and forth in the can.. which means your pinion is also walking back and forth.. the shaft may possibly start to carve through the end cap, drawing the pinion back into the face of the can,or the mount, possibly taking the spur out from lack of contact patch.. really rolling the dice not having those and running it..
Thank you very much.
I don't think I can get a spacer.
WASHER bought 10 of these,
I'm going to make it 7mm thick and try it on.
I'm so nervous because the motor shaft keeps moving back and forth.
I can't speak English well,
so I use a translator.
I do, but I'm not sure if it's working.
This is South Korea.
Thank you for your kind reply.
20200228_021208.jpg

Thank you very much.
I don't think I can get a spacer.
WASHER bought 10 of these,
I'm going to make it 7mm thick and try it on.
I'm so nervous because the motor shaft keeps moving back and forth.
I can't speak English well,
so I use a translator.
I do, but I'm not sure if it's working.
This is South Korea.
Thank you for your kind reply.
View attachment 67333

no problem, translator is working fine.. when you put those in make sure there is a very little amount of play in the shaft and you shoukd be alright.. let us know how you make out...

no problem, translator is working fine.. when you put those in make sure there is a very little amount of play in the shaft and you shoukd be alright.. let us know how you make out...
I've been driving, and now I'm writing down my reviews. The washer didn't have a small size at the time, so I had to fit it into a five-millimeter diameter and run it. The washer is so big that it has a lot of motor heat. I put in a total of five 1mm thick. There was too little free play. It was almost tight. So I'm going to put in four millimeter pieces soon. Even if you took it apart again, I bought a new one. 5 mm 10 mm 1 mm

Attachments

• 20200228_172350.jpg
    20200228_172350.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back