Typhon Arrma v3 3s pure race buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a v3 3s typhon I’m currently using for general bashing. I have an outdoor dirt race track that caters to 1/8th scale e-buggy and nitro racing near my house. Is the Arrma v3 3s typhon a good platform to be competitive in the beginner and novice classes? I’m looking to take my buggy in that direction because I enjoy the competition. What mods, besides the obvious tires to suit the tracks dirt, would you guys recommend to be competitive at that level? My buggy is currently bone stock except for cooling fan upgrades and a 20 tooth pinion.
I figure it’s a lightweight buggy that will make plenty of power running 3s to compete with the 4s cars and I’ll break a lot less parts racing it than bashing it at skate and bmx tracks while having fun as well. thanks

Last edited:
Nothing? I’m not looking to do this professionally. Just get out there and kick some associated and Losi arse in the stock beginner then novice classes. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I think the v3 3s typhon is more than capable or scoring wins. thanks

I am in no way a racer but here are some suggestions I would think would help. 1. Play around with shock and diff fluid until you find something you like. Also, you can mess around with different shocks springs. 2. tires, duh. 3. Hot racing pivot balls and and aluminum bellcrank to remove a lot of that slop in the steering.

Proper tires are the first thing I’ll get then go from there sorting the suspension and steering. thanks

Tires, better servo, better radio will make the biggest difference, having your buggy in good working condition.

The rest is just driving cleanly, that's about it.

Track time is the best mod IMO. my typhon is in perfect working order right now and I would rather maximize its potential on the track than beat the snot out of it bashing. Racing is way more fun than bashing to me and I want to see what the typhon can do when she’s set up and sorted for track duty. I think it’s a great platform to compete locally. thanks

Last edited:
Back