Vendetta Arrma Vendetta 4x4 3s BLX (a beginners speed car?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Just released an on road 3s car called the Vendetta.
Supprisingly large 1/8 scale size (regular 1/8 wheelbase (length) but more narrow than something like a Senton 6s )

Rated at 70+ mph and weighs in at Just over 6 lbs without the battery pack.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/4x4/blx/vendetta/

1634818697734.png

Last edited:
449$ with the same old insides. Is the clutch the mega version?? Like sick from the outside not so much the insides. It has nothing really going for it in the internals was hoping for at least aluminum shocks at that price range Considering its still a 3s truck its more expensive than the tlr typhon. Its going to be around 600$ here. The 4s line was 400$. Expect the 4s line to be around 500$ this time if it ever comes out

I think this is a beginners entry into speed cars.
As you mentioned the guts are not high strength.... All the same 3s line parts with some small revisions.

They do have a smaller 50t 0.8mod spur gear. Optional metal ring and pinion for the diffs. But other weak points have always been the axles, shocks, and main center drive shaft. The slipper clutch wouldn't be an issue as it can be locked up for speed use.

1634819059283.png

The new tire is 85mm diameter
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA550093

Last edited:
D262C55D-8A70-4496-B9BC-0548988C4DEB.png

I think this is a beginners entry into speed cars.
As you mentioned the guts are not high strength.... All the same 3s line parts with some small revisions.

They do have a smaller 50t 0.8mod spur gear. Optional metal ring and pinion for the diffs. But other weak points have always been the axles, shocks, and main center drive shaft. The slipper clutch wouldn't be an issue as it can be locked up for speed use.

View attachment 175392
Axles are fine they survive 4s now the tires are even smaller they should be alright. Shock heh if they have treated ends its also alright. The internals are alright but nothing new or interesting to talk about
The car is alright but not 449$ alright maybe 410$. Still too much
Its 80$ more than the 3s line retail. I can understand the price a bit more but still. The price increase really hurts. But people have money to spend. Waste it all before it becomes worthless. Or better invest on something. With the current economy going on in the united states its not going to be pretty no matter what your view on it is.

Last edited:
I've never broke anything on 6s an grps on mine.big tires broke stuff. just couldn't get .8 gearing over 100+ without going mod1.im liking it.the 1/10 platform has amazing potential.100ish mph car for under 500..far cheaper to fix than others.

I've never broke anything on 6s an grps on mine.big tires broke stuff. just couldn't get .8 gearing over 100+ without going mod1.im liking it.the 1/10 platform has amazing potential.100ish mph car for under 500..far cheaper to fix than others.
I agree it certainly has its place in the market and will be nice to have an option that is low cost to fix.
I could see using this in the street in front of my house where I would be afraid to use one of the 6s models in that location....

My initial thought is how you could find a used mega vehicle and convert it for relatively low cost...

I don't know a ton about the 3s line. Were these available before?

1634820247891.png

1634820266120.png

With the 50t spur, optional 32t pinion, the 2,84 ratio diffs and 84mm diameter tires and the 3900kv motor it would only be in the 90's for sure. I don't know if it would crack 100mph or not. I believe the 3900kv motor is new also right? I thought those were 3200-3400 range.

Last edited:
It comes with a 50t spur which is 7t smaller than other stock 3s options. Even with that, on 4s my Granite will still top out at 78 mph. The spur needs to be smaller or the motor mount will need to be bored out to fit a bigger pinion. I've already run 83 mph on 4s with my custom spool so I'm not sure if anything on this model will be useful to me. Tires are also only 85 mm, so I'm not sure if the body could be used with the larger 100 mm Hoons or GRPs. Nice to look at, but not as useful as I would have hoped.

1634820602555.png

@LibertyMKiii, I spoke too soon. Available 32t 0.8 mod pinion and new slipper. Mate the two and we're now into the 120's on 4s. Sold

Last edited:
It comes with a 50t spur which is 7t smaller than other stock 3s options. Even with that, on 4s my Granite will still top out at 78 mph. The spur needs to be smaller or the motor mount will need to be bored out to fit a bigger pinion. I've already run 83 mph on 4s with my custom spool so I'm not sure if anything on this model will be useful to me. Tires are also only 85 mm, so I'm not sure if the body could be used with the larger 100 mm Hoons or GRPs. Nice to look at, but not as useful as I would have hoped.

@LibertyMKiii, I spoke too soon. Available 32t 0.8 mod pinion and new slipper. Mate the two and we're now into the 120's on 4s. Sold

Also this comes with a 3900kv instead of 3200kv. That will give a nice bump in RPMs (y)
(but also amperage)

The body is definitely a fashion piece, with real speed bodies being easily obtained for the wheelbase from Deltaplastik, in 4mm lexan. The tail and diffuser, though, I can definitely see being useful for speedrunning the 3S platform. I will probably pick up one of each as soon as they hit Jenny's. And yes, @LibertyMKiii the 3900kv can is new. The previous 3660 was 3200kv.

Yeah I don't fully love the body.
It is designed after a high downforce LMP1 racing car with high penalties of drag.

Nic Case had tried the open vent idea above the tires with the "SR11", and later got rid of that design idea for his final build with the "Bullet"

1634821775486.png

View attachment 175396
Née slipper? How so??

Also this comes with a 3900kv instead of 3200kv. That will give a nice bump in RPMs (y)
(but also amperage)
I'm still working on maxing out the 3200, but I'm sure I'll grab that 3900 at some point. Single passes, must break in between. I'm learning.
Née slipper? How so??
It's not the standard 3s slipper. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same as the one they use on the Mega. Either way, we have new options for spurs on our current 3s models.
1634822669955.png

I'm still working on maxing out the 3200, but I'm sure I'll grab that 3900 at some point. Single passes, must break in between. I'm learning.

It's not the standard 3s slipper. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same as the one they use on the Mega. Either way, we have new options for spurs on our current 3s models.
That does look just like the mega spur, just 55t instead of 57t…interesting. Where did you see a 50t spur? Thank you mention that above…

One thing I noted is that they come with sway bars. I think that's a first for the 3S line.

I can't quite clearly understand how the sway bars are attached to the car. They are probably attached to the bumper, which would explain why they can't be retro-fitted to the other 3S cars? Quite interesting nonetheless.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330699

Interesting that they're putting this in a 3S car - one friction plate - must not need as much "slippage" action for the smaller wheels?

I think this is an all new slipper as it’s similar to the old Mega, but it uses a new style spur gear.

That said, I’m all about this car. Can’t wait to get one, slam my M2C mount, TP4050-3200kv, MMX8S, receiver, HR yokes and diffs, in it and see what it can do.

Tires are the point of contention now. I will look for some Jaco foams that might work. They are usually 12mm hex, which is an easy fix. Might also as GB to skin the stock wheels. Last resort would be to take some 17mm SC 2.2-3.0 wheels and skin them.

I love the look of the blue, but the red diffuser and the visibility of the yellow have me hooked.

One thing I noted is that they come with sway bars. I think that's a first for the 3S line.

I can't quite clearly understand how the sway bars are attached to the car. They are probably attached to the bumper, which would explain why they can't be retro-fitted to the other 3S cars? Quite interesting nonetheless.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330699

Looks like they are attached to the bumper:

swaybar2.jpg

swaybar.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back