Vendetta Arrma Vendetta 4x4 3s BLX (a beginners speed car?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, it doesn't make sense as a speed run car. Much better off just starting with a Limitless. This is an in-front-of-the-house street basher. The Infraction is too big and fast for this, so this fills a hole. I'll wait for the BLX Infraction to come out though, as it is more my style.
Could u buy the infraction body and towers and throw rhem on the Vendetta chassis? Or is there more to it? Honest question here

Could u buy the infraction body and towers and throw rhem on the Vendetta chassis? Or is there more to it? Honest question here
I would guess that this would be the case. You know that a BLX Infraction is coming though.

I think that Arrma is pulling a Glock here. Glock does this all the time. They release a model (X) that is close to what everyone wants. Everyone complains that they should have made (Y) instead, but they still purchase (X). When Glock releases (Y) the following year, everyone buys that too. Had X and Y been available at the same time, nobody would have bought X. Maybe Arrma is afraid that a BLX Infraction would cannibalize sales of the Vendetta.

I would guess that this would be the case. You know that a BLX Infraction is coming though.

I think that Arrma is pulling a Glock here. Glock does this all the time. They release a model (X) that is close to what everyone wants. Everyone complains that they should have made (Y) instead, but they still purchase (X). When Glock releases (Y) the following year, everyone buys that too. Had X and Y been available at the same time, nobody would have bought X. Maybe Arrma is afraid that a BLX Infraction would cannibalize sales of the Vendetta.
I think they just wanted one Mega and one BLX to launch for diversity and decided the Infraction made more sense as the Mega.

Looks like the best thing about this new release is it has the metal diff set in it, which means they are now back in stock. A must upgrade for any 3s that is driven hard IMO.

Got to take a brief look at one at the local shop. Pretty cool little car. Tires, while not the belted Hoons feel like they have some thickness to them. While I'm not into the $450 price, I doubt you can take a regular BLX and make it go 70mph for $80. GRP road tires are $45 a set and that's about the cheapest you can go. Add a body and you're already over $100. Then you'd have a 3s with road tires and a aerodynamic body. Still wouldn't hit 70.

I think they just wanted one Mega and one BLX to launch for diversity and decided the Infraction made more sense as the Mega
Nothing makes sense to me.:ROFLMAO:

Got to take a brief look at one at the local shop. Pretty cool little car. Tires, while not the belted Hoons feel like they have some thickness to them. While I'm not into the $450 price, I doubt you can take a regular BLX and make it go 70mph for $80. GRP road tires are $45 a set and that's about the cheapest you can go. Add a body and you're already over $100. Then you'd have a 3s with road tires and a aerodynamic body. Still wouldn't hit 70.

This is why they will sell plenty!!!

It does not takes long until I have to change the rear differential casing and rear differential input gear on the 3s series. Those parts should be metal. Just need 6 of each while servicing family 3s cars. That is about half the price of a new 3s rig. Not cool!

I doubt those two parts will last for one or two hours on the Vendetta on 3s with the speed pinion.

Looks like Arrma changed the slipper clutch on the vendetta.
Some say it’s from the mega brushed line, boo if true....

It does not takes long until I have to change the rear differential casing and rear differential input gear on the 3s series. Those parts should be metal. Just need 6 of each while servicing family 3s cars. That is about half the price of a new 3s rig. Not cool!

I doubt those two parts will last for one or two hours on the Vendetta on 3s with the speed pinion.
You haven’t shimmed them properly if you went thru that many, or your yokes are warped.
It’s a completely new slipper setup that somewhat resembles the old Mega setup at a quick glance.

They redesigned it. Eliminated that inside screw. It looks similar to a mega clutch but it’s not the same. The spur gear looks to be wider and it only has a pad…or pads on one side now. Earl Morehead was looking at it early this morning in his new video.

I've had this occur twice on my Senton, both times it boiled down to the Yoke needing replaced. I've since "upgraded" to the hot racing aluminum one in hopes that it doesn't occur again. But if it does, maybe I really do need to shim the diff in the other direction as JD suggested.

Right now we have six 3S rigs. The rear differential casing and differential input gear is the problem. Front looks fine. Basically it's 6 times the same problem in the same place. Perhaps I should have shimmed but we have not been driving too much with the 3s cars.

The material of the input gear and differential casing is simply too soft. The round top of the teeth becomes sharp-edged. Yoke looks tight. Actually a too loose yoke could be fixed by shimming. On side there are screws, the other side is a tight fit on the chassis. Those teeth are huge compared to MOD 0,8 or MOD 1. The teeth fit pretty tight even if there was minimal play. Also if compared to a MOD 1 pinion and spur fit on any other car. I might be wrong but 6 times the same thing happening in the same place...

The differential input gear wears down a lot faster. After all for one turn of the differential casing the input gear does about four.

Upgrading all cars to Hot Racing - nope.

Those 115km/h on the Vendetta - hope that will pave the way to metal parts for all of us.

Last edited:
Right now we have six 3S rigs. The rear differential casing and differential input gear is the problem. Front looks fine. Basically it's 6 times the same problem in the same place. Perhaps I should have shimmed but we have not been driving too much with the 3s cars.

The material of the input gear and differential casing is simply too soft. The round top of the teeth becomes sharp-edged. Yoke looks tight.

The differential input gear wears down a lot faster. After all for one turn of the differential casing the input gear does about four.
I think it's less of a wearing down and a suddenly it's eaten and gone. And I know you may believe the yoke to be fine but after I killed my first one, I replaced everything but the Yoke and suddenly had binding issues in my differential. Loosening the bolts in the yoke didn't help. The actual yoke itself was slightly warped. Once I threw a new plastic yoke in, it worked fine. And to be clear, I bought an entire differential and input gear from Jenny's RC to rule any of those pieces out. It was the Yoke's fault for the binding I had afterwards.

So recap, I jumped the car, landed on throttle, terrible noises. I opened it up, the input was rounded. I tried just replacing the input, had binding, replaced the plastic diff housing, had binding. Ordered a new input and differential and used the same yoke. Had binding. Took it to my LHS to ask them if they could help me figure it out. Suggested the yoke to the one shopkeep and he goes no no, shouldn't be that! Needless to say when I showed up 5 hours later and bought one, not only was he surprised, but my issue went away too.

So when you eat the input gear, there is a chance you torque the yoke and it gets warped. It ends up being a different issue, but still an issue you have to correct or deal with the rotational hangup noise/power leech.

Now if the hot racing aluminum yoke doesn't prevent the gears from dying, It's onto the Arrma CNC stuff for me. And I've only had this issue on my Senton, the Granite has been fine but I don't run that one on 3s. I've been playing with my senton outside 2x daily for the past few weeks. Ripping 40-50 mph up and down my alley and launching across the neighbors yard. Just my 2 cents and my experience.

Better parts, more money. I'm just amazed that I can bash my 3s cars at 50mph stock off road and they actually hold up. If they added more metal parts it would be close to the cost of a 6s, then people would say why isn't it 6s etc.

It's a tough game to make a decent 3s rc and come in under Traxxas prices. The trade off is plastic parts. It is what it is. Either replace the plastic or buy 6 6s trucks.

It would be cool to see some stock mim parts for the 3s. But getting production started on that is serious $$$. I doubt it would profitable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back