Vendetta Arrma Vendetta 4x4 3s BLX (a beginners speed car?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why they will sell plenty!!!
The taller final drive ratio is what makes this car hit the 70's.
Arrma designed it this way obviously.
Just those tires do balloon and hit the body. A problem for me I can't accept. I see many are not looking closely at this.
If you're comfortable with a 1/8 rig that stays in the 70's , it can work for you. Trying to upgrade it beyond this..... Is not realistic IMHO.
That's why I favor the $400. Lim roller. It is future proof. And is a mature and proven platform. For not much more coin. The New Vendetta body doesn't sway me at all. Yes nice. But it is only a Lid. ;)

I'd guess that the diffs will hold up better in this than the other 3s rigs. Smaller tires, higher gearing, higher kV motor will all put less torque on the diffs. Plus, I doubt people will be using it for big air and other offroad buffoonery.

The taller final drive ratio is what makes this car hit the 70's.
Arrma designed it this way obviously.
Just those tires do balloon and hit the body. A problem for me I can't accept. I see many are not looking closely at this.
If you're comfortable with a 1/8 rig that stays in the 70's , it can work for you. Trying to upgrade it beyond this..... Is not realistic IMHO.
That's why I favor the $400. Lim roller. It is future proof. And is a mature and proven platform. For not much more coin. The New Vendetta body doesn't sway me at all. Yes nice. But it is only a Lid. ;)
why does nobody think this car would be good for speed? I'm really curious. My Vorteks 4x4 is hitting 127mph now on 6s,nowhere near as aerodynamic as the vendetta. just add my setup and its a 130mph car no prob.

why does nobody think this car would be good for speed? I'm really curious. My Vorteks 4x4 is hitting 127mph now on 6s,nowhere near as aerodynamic as the vendetta. just add my setup and its a 130mph car no prob.
It isn't that it can't be, but you will need to replace the motor and esc and probably the tires at a minimum. So why pay $450 for a Vendetta that you will be replacing the most expensive parts of instead of just buying a Limitless roller for $399?

Arrma already has a dedicated speed run platform that is cheaper than the Vendetta. The Vendetta will be an awesome street basher at 70 mph, but it isn't the right tool for the job if you want a speed runner.

It isn't that it can't be, but you will need to replace the motor and esc and probably the tires at a minimum. So why pay $450 for a Vendetta that you will be replacing the most expensive parts of instead of just buying a Limitless roller for $399?

Arrma already has a dedicated speed run platform that is cheaper than the Vendetta. The Vendetta will be an awesome street basher at 70 mph, but it isn't the right tool for the job if you want a speed runner.
It’s not about price at all. It’s the challenge. This platform us always been a challenge to make reliable at speeds of 130+mph. Now with a bunch of new parts like lower towers, front and rear splitters, and the new slipper, we might be able to put one down at 140+mph?

From what I gather I think they just don't like the price given the Limitless roller is less and more capable platform.

Because the V is ready to go. You're thinking in terms of upgrades and pushing the limits of what a tiny little car can do. There's far more people that just want to open the box and drive. They're not wanting to install a bunch of parts and tune everything to push 100+ mph. Maybe they don't want to speed run, but they drive in streets and parking lots, so an off road truck doesn't make sense.

I agree that the Limitless is superior. But it still won't be close to $450 once it's ready to go, even if it's only set up to go up to 80. The market for RTR RC is much bigger than the serious hobbyists that push their vehicles to the limit.

Because the V is ready to go. You're thinking in terms of upgrades and pushing the limits of what a tiny little car can do. There's far more people that just want to open the box and drive. They're not wanting to install a bunch of parts and tune everything to push 100+ mph. Maybe they don't want to speed run, but they drive in streets and parking lots, so an off road truck doesn't make sense.

I agree that the Limitless is superior. But it still won't be close to $450 once it's ready to go, even if it's only set up to go up to 80. The market for RTR RC is much bigger than the serious hobbyists that push their vehicles to the limit.
I absolutely agree. The Vendetta will be an awesome street basher out of the box. It is probably the cheapest 70mph RC available. I will likely buy one when it becomes the BLX Infraction. ;) My comments are about the discussions of modifying it to be a speed run car which makes no financial sense when the Limitless already exists.

^^^ Finally someone who thinks like me..
If you don't own a Fel, Infr. or Lim. already, maybe this is hard to understand?:unsure:
Much of this is about budgeting an RC rig to a $$ amount and sticking to it.
You can take any rig and keep throwing money into it to make it something it was never meant to be.
You can take any rig and throw $2,000. into it so very easily. It becomes a frenzy. A money pit.
In the end, you could have purchased a better platform to accomplish your goal for 1/3 the price. With money left over for 2 or more additional rigs to round out your collection. The Vendetta will sell. Not hating. Just that many think they are getting a speed runner that is in the same league as the 1/7 All roads..Wallet permitting. Been there. :cool:

>>>> I would like to see a Vorteks doing 127MPH. Using a GPS tracker. (not using the Smart Telem. gear for the speed estimate)
What are all the listed $upgrades$ that were needed to accomplish this. How much $$$ in total.

Last edited:
Pfft, my Big Rock can do 100+MPH.

I just have to find a high enough cliff to drive it off of.

cliff-700678060.jpg

Sometimes it isn't just about getting a car to go the fastest. If you're doing that you need a custom car anyway. Sometimes it's about making a specific car go the fastest. The fastest Vendetta will be a new segment of speed running, as opposed to the Lim which has its record stretched near to the limit (haha). Anything to push past the upper echelon of Limitless runs will require tons of money and years of experience.

Now people will have an overall less expensive car to start speed running. It's an RTR that people can speedrun with decent speed until they get the money or urge to upgrade the electronics. If something breaks the platform is overall less expensive to work on. Especially in it's RTR state it is a less expensive, more forgiving car to run. Starting with an 8S Limitless just makes no sense for a beginner.

I think the Vendetta is exactly what it's marketed as personally. An intro to speed running, a relatively small share of the RC market. Getting a Limitless with speedrun gear can easily cost you $900, probably more. Any less and you're just not utilizing the platform and wasting more money on electronics to replace vs the 50 bucks extra on the Vendetta. Not to mention how off putting it is to many new RC'ers to have to put it together. The Vendetta will likely bring more people into the speedrunning market and is certainly far more accessible then the Lim.

^^^ Finally someone who thinks like me..
If you don't own a Fel, Infr. or Lim. already, maybe this is hard to understand?:unsure:
Much of this is about budgeting an RC rig to a $$ amount and sticking to it.
You can take any rig and keep throwing money into it to make it something it was never meant to be.
You can take any rig and throw $2,000. into it so very easily. It becomes a frenzy. A money pit.
In the end, you could have purchased a better platform to accomplish your goal for 1/3 the price. With money left over for 2 or more additional rigs to round out your collection. The Vendetta will sell. Not hating. Just that many think they are getting a speed runner that is in the same league as the 1/7 All roads..Wallet permitting. Been there. :cool:

>>>> I would like to see a Vorteks doing 127MPH. Using a GPS tracker. (not using the Smart Telem. gear for the speed estimate)
What are all the listed $upgrades$ that were needed to accomplish this. How much $$$ in total.
@phildogg has his own Youtube channel, been watching him for like 5-6 years now. He speed runs a lot of cars heck last time I checked he has the fastest Slash 4x4 @ something like 168mph. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g2__nXBMR6SqQkehkevwA

I’d love to take that brushed infraction n put this castle 3800/stock spektrum 3200 in it!. I personally don’t own a road car also don’t have speed run spots so vendetta/Lim debate is out,
but I could pimp that infraction in a parking lot n have some fun until something breaks😂

As stated im good on spending 700 on the 1/8(I want a Mojave exb next so anything in that price range will be going to that!)

I absolutely agree. The Vendetta will be an awesome street basher out of the box. It is probably the cheapest 70mph RC available. I will likely buy one when it becomes the BLX Infraction. ;) My comments are about the discussions of modifying it to be a speed run car which makes no financial sense when the Limitless already exists.
Yeah, it's more a street basher, which is great. I really can't see upgrading it a whole lot. Kind of like the rest of the 3s line. I could upgrade my 3s vehicles but it would put me into the 6s price range. Might as well sell the whole thing and upgrade everything at once by buying a 6s. I'm looking to pick one up used at some point. Going to check Amazon for used ones after Christmas... I got a practically new Vorteks for $270. Couldn't pass it up. Worst case is it's trashed and you return it.

So far I've picked up all my RCs used. Senton for $225, Big Rock for $180 that needed a shock tower but was otherwise nearly new and a Granite for $155 that needed bearings and some compressed air to clean out. Buying used gives you a lot of headroom for buying replacement or upgrade parts. So if you managed to pick up a V for cheap once they start showing up used, you could justify throwing some money at it.

Good to budget your plan.(y)
But $700. will truly get you a nice 1/7 Lim setup.
Space is a constraint for me also. I run my Lim on 4s, where space is limited for me locally. Even ran 3s a few times. Then when I venture out to the beaches or the velodrome where space is plentiful, I run 6s. I have the best of both worlds. I can run in the 40-70mh ( smaller space)or run into the 90's + mph with 6s.
If you are good with the Mega setup ( 30MPH), and love the looks of the Infr. Go for it. Just that when you are tired and bored with 30MPH, now you are at a juncture where another $300. and more is needed to make it faster. At that point leave as is and just buy another platform for higher speeds.
30mph is very boring for bashing. Cheap Toy RC cars are running these speeds.:LOL:

If anyone puts a list of parts needed to turn the Senton 3S into the Infraction 4X4 mega, please post the list. I have a Senton 3S and am thinking about converting it to an Infraction 3S.

If anyone puts a list of parts needed to turn the Senton 3S into the Infraction 4X4 mega, please post the list. I have a Senton 3S and am thinking about converting it to an Infraction 3S.
I'd buy the Infraction and install the 3s electronics and power module and sell the Senton roller, body, wheels, etc. It seems that it would probably be more expensive to buy all the parts piecemeal, especially with a new release. Looks like the chassis and diffs are about all it has in common with the Senton.

Makes me want to do the same, it's a really good idea since most of the suspension and other parts are the same as the V. Looking at the parts commonality with the V, I'd say a 3s Infraction is coming. It would be a blast on 3s with drift wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back