Vendetta Arrma Vendetta 4x4 3s BLX (a beginners speed car?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Finally someone who thinks like me..
If you don't own a Fel, Infr. or Lim. already, maybe this is hard to understand?:unsure:
Much of this is about budgeting an RC rig to a $$ amount and sticking to it.
You can take any rig and keep throwing money into it to make it something it was never meant to be.
You can take any rig and throw $2,000. into it so very easily. It becomes a frenzy. A money pit.
In the end, you could have purchased a better platform to accomplish your goal for 1/3 the price. With money left over for 2 or more additional rigs to round out your collection. The Vendetta will sell. Not hating. Just that many think they are getting a speed runner that is in the same league as the 1/7 All roads..Wallet permitting. Been there. :cool:

>>>> I would like to see a Vorteks doing 127MPH. Using a GPS tracker. (not using the Smart Telem. gear for the speed estimate)
What are all the listed $upgrades$ that were needed to accomplish this. How much $$$ in total.
I'm a little late to reply to this but the video has been posted. Feel free to watch it. I have also taken a 3s typhon to 134mph with gps! there is no big money upgrades. just esc and motor. a waaaaay old castle 2200 motor on 6s .

If you have many 3s lipos, why not use them in tandem ( series) with a 6s line Lim?
Easy to wrench on a 6s rig also.
That's like a car mechanic saying he only knows how to wrench/ repair a Chevy.:LOL:
Is he really any mechanic at all?:cool:
RC's are all the same.
Sometimes its good to get out of your comfort zone.
Will find out that your missing out on things.
I see where you’re coming from but, I haven’t been into the hobby too long and wanted an on-road car that I know how to work on. I know the 6s range is a step up ,but I’d rather of mastered working on a lower level rig and make my way up to the more skilled rigs. Also 6s is £250+ more than vendetta. Limitless no good to me, I’m not after a dedicated speed runner just a mess about street basher. Cheers
I second that. If you only wrench on 3S cars, I think you're missing out.

Working on the 3S is easy and everything can get repaired quickly, but I always find that stuff like pulling the power module (always jammed in there), accessing the servo, accessing and working on diffs can be a bit annoying.

On the 6S, wrenching often requires a bit more time, but I find it much more fun and satisfying.
Only had rc’s a year I’m not missing out on nothing ,just plenty to look forward to in my eyes👍

There is something about an "underdog speed car thing" and the satisfaction that goes with it. Took a tiny WL toys car once and got it to 58km/h on 2s. Was a mess building it. Nothing would fit. Long waiting times to order more impossible Mod 0,7 gears in China. 3s I never did as the spur/pinion would probably not have survived and did not feel the platform was worth more waiting on plastic gears effort. And I wanted to keep the car functioning at 2s. But the sense of accomplishment ist there on a very different level.

I can totally relate to making a 3s fast. If the rear diff and input gear would be metal that would really add a lot of appeal and I would be doing that too. I can handle a stupid crash but when plastic material gets destroyed mechanically (not even looking at electronics) just by driving a bit - that irritates. Just too many 3s differentials and 13T input gears I had to replace this year already.

It's just that really small cars seem much faster when fast. A Vorteks next to an Infraction - same speed - the Vorteks looks so much faster.

Last edited:
It's just that really small cars seem much faster when fast. A Vorteks next to an Infraction - same speed - the Vorteks looks so much faster.
It's all relative to their scale. Calculating it's scale speed and all.
Visually, something smaller will always look like a Dart. And can be fun in smaller confined running space.
RC Driver had some real fun with the 30mph 4x4 Infraction (2s) at a small cement skate park his first time there. He was grinding and all. He said it was way better fun than in wide open space. It actually peaked my interest way more than buying the Vendetta.
It surprised me for the $ value. Perhaps money better spent over the Vendetta. IMHO. Seems to be very durable and robust for its 30 mph speeds. Much stronger C hubs etc. I wouldn't even bother with a $BLX investment$. Just drive as is at this price point. Just very little adjustability for any serious speed running. Depends how and where you want to drive this thing. I am very fine with my 1/7 Infr and Lim though. I'm spoiled. Just not for the skate park.:LOL:

It's all relative to their scale. Calculating it's scale speed and all.
Visually, something smaller will always look like a Dart. And can be fun in smaller confined running space.
RC Driver had some real fun with the 30mph 4x4 Infraction (2s) at a small cement skate park his first time there. He was grinding and all. He said it was way better fun than in wide open space. It actually peaked my interest way more than buying the Vendetta.
It surprised me for the $ value. Perhaps money better spent over the Vendetta. IMHO. Seems to be very durable and robust for its 30 mph speeds. Much stronger C hubs etc. I wouldn't even bother with a $BLX investment$. Just drive as is at this price point. Just very little adjustability for any serious speed running. Depends how and where you want to drive this thing. I am very fine with my 1/7 Infr and Lim though. I'm spoiled. Just not for the skate park.:LOL:

I agree ☝. The skate park sold it for me. U can hear his voice that hes honestly having fun. He was giggling some while grinding rails.

Call me old school, but I still have a soft spot for Brushed motors. Especially the rebuildable open end bell ones.
$320. for the Infr. seems like the better deal. Vendetta overpriced for what you get. The speed difference doesn't justify the added cost, having a 1/7 Lim and Infr already.
I would go on a limb and say Arrma didn't think the Infr would be the best choice for the Vendetta BLX power platform.
The Infr body probably would pose aero problems at 70 MPH with this light 4x4 chassis platform.:unsure:

Stock motor and MMX6s ESC on 4s the Vendetta goes 100mph

Seems like it has some aerodynamic challenges to figure out still.

Would love to see log from that run.imagine what it would run with a good 4s motor.ive pulled 202 amps with my mmxx6s. Think I'm gonna get tp4030-4400kv an mmxx6s w/cap for my winter vendetta build
Ole school xlx would probly fit goood it vendetta 🤔

Stock motor and MMX6s ESC on 4s the Vendetta goes 100mph

Seems like it has some aerodynamic challenges to figure out still.

Man its pretty. Might be my first interest in a plasic chassis car, though I'll probably make it too powerful for its own good and bash the heck out of it.

Man its pretty. Might be my first interest in a plastic chassis car, though I'll probably make it too powerful for its own good and bash the heck out of it.
When it first came out I was all about the bright yellow/green color, but this navy blue body has grown on me.

Although I love my crazy speed cars I HATE how I can rarely use them... It really would be nice to have a good street car for 40-ish mph speeds in front of my house.

So now I’m not sure which model I am going to buy. I was all set on the Vendetta, but the more I think about it, the more I’m inclined to save a few bucks and pick up the Infraction Mega. I am going to swap out all the electronics before I even put a pack in it anyways. I can always buy the Vendetta body later if I feel like it. I’m not running the stock tires either and feel like the Infraction body will accommodate larger tires better too. 🤔🤔

So now I’m not sure which model I am going to buy. I was all set on the Vendetta, but the more I think about it, the more I’m inclined to save a few bucks and pick up the Infraction Mega. I am going to swap out all the electronics before I even put a pack in it anyways. I can always buy the Vendetta body later if I feel like it. I’m not running the stock tires either and feel like the Infraction body will accommodate larger tires better too. 🤔🤔

Are the Vendetta and baby Infraction the same platform and scale? The Ven body will fit on the baby Infraction? I'd go either baby Infraction + Ven body or just Ven, whichever is cheaper when factoring the body and conversion parts.

Yeah I think if you are going to ditch the factory electronics then you might as well save the $$$ and start with the infraction mega.
I would probably do the same if I can scape together the $$$

Comparing the two they are the same mounts except the Vendetta has a different foam piece for the bumper

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA4319V3BT1.pdf
https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA4215V3BT1.pdf

Yeah I think if you are going to ditch the factory electronics then you might as well save the $$$ and start with the infraction mega.
I would probably do the same if I can scape together the $$$

Comparing the two they are the same mounts except the Vendetta has a different foam piece for the bumper

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA4319V3BT1.pdf
https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA4215V3BT1.pdf
I’m probably going to throw an MMX8S or XLX2 in there with my TP4050-3200kv and likely stick with 4S until I max that setup out, then transition to 6S and see how far it can be pushed. I will consider another Delta Jag body too. Lots of options with the lower towers.

One main put off about the Vendetta is the tire ballooning. Not belted. No other choices out there. And the Infr. tires are useless.
Seems like an odd size wheel also. Like it wants to be a 1/8 size TC tire/wheel. Proprietary. (85mm x 35mm 14mm hex) Which doesn't exist anywhere else. Last I checked.:unsure:

ARA550093​

Elevens are $24./pair. And show pre-order status.
Imagine waiting 6 months to get replacement tires. It happened before with the Rear Felony Hoons when it was first released.
I converted mine to 17mm hubs and use bsr foams
Plan to break 150 and 160 this spring.
Other then electronics I’ve done some homemade carbon aero, homemade spool, metal diff gears and the typhon 17mm hubs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back