Granite Arrma voltage/fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this car I don’t know if it is a voltage or a fury because I bought it used and it has mixed parts
0B1B9421-9B0D-4BAF-BD79-A3F69F8E6632.jpeg
E4A7D5A9-2B5B-46FE-8996-1228EE2975E0.jpeg
2851CD04-7264-4C6E-8F52-DAB2CE618126.jpeg
hello can someone please help me with this car I don’t know if it is a voltage or a fury because I bought it used and it has mixed parts
8D6A316D-061B-469A-A61B-C1C26DF20408.jpeg
2D9E6E57-8F7F-4DDA-9F28-C5B5E7426766.jpeg
F343960E-E7D5-4E0B-AC23-167FD043A1EC.jpeg

That looks to be a Fury, looks like a 2016 model as they were entirely plastic. I would recommend sticking to 2s on that if it is in fact a 2016 model, the 2016 models had completely plastic trannys and they didn't hold up very well on 3s.

That looks to be a Fury, looks like a 2016 model as they were entirely plastic. I would recommend sticking to 2s on that if it is in fact a 2016 model, the 2016 models had completely plastic trannys and they didn't hold up very well on 3s.
Thank you do you happen to know where I can get the correct body for it

Wait a minute, how long is the wheelbase on that? From the stub axle in front to the stub axle in the rear. It is really hard to tell but that might be an Arrma Granite 2wd not a Fury. As it has Granite body mounts.

The Fury is 330mm/12.99 inches
The Granite is 287mm/11.3 inches

Fury.
3c596988-226d-41cd-8951-9ecb2495bc74_1.d6a865d0aff68a6fb428f31e7828cdbb.jpeg

Granite
Arrma-Granite-BLS-RC-Monster-Truck-34.jpg

-edit- The more I look at it the more I think it is the old 2wd Granite.

Here is the manual https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB10334_MEGA_2WD_MANUAL_REV_4_04102016_WEB.pdf
This is the exploded view for the Granite/Vorteks 2wd https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/AR102657.pdf

Last edited:
Last edited:
You're right. It's the mega version with the solid plastic links with a brushless conversion.
Damn, we really get kinda picky sometimes. Lol

You're right. It's the mega version with the solid plastic links with a brushless conversion.
Damn, we really get kinda picky sometimes. Lol
The more I look at the pictures the more I know its the Granite Mega. Look at the chassis on the Fury it has 2 rectangle cutouts in the top the Granite only had 1.

The more I look at the pictures the more I know its the Granite Mega. Look at the chassis on the Fury it has 2 rectangle cutouts in the top the Granite only had 1.
Yeah, I caught that part. That's why I said it was a Granite. Didn't see the aftermarket ESC and links til second look.

Well either way hopefully this gets @carson pointed in the right direction. Sadly a lot of the parts are getting to be hard to come by, the most important parts I would want are the metal tranny gears and the tranny for the metal gears, the metal gears won't work in the plastic tranny.

Last edited:
Do any of you if the suspension components the same between the voltage and the fury

Last edited:
Well either way hopefully this gets @carson pointed in the right direction. Sadly a lot of the parts are getting to be hard to come by, the most important parts I would want are the metal tranny gears and the tranny for the metal gears, the metal gears won't work in the plastic tranny.
In case anyone else happens to stumble on this, the all metal rear diff hasnt been available for awhile, and was very problematic. The best fix for it anymore is to get the two metal idler gears, either the Arrma ones, or the HPI ones, and do the HPI Blitz ball diff conversion.

In case anyone else happens to stumble on this, the all metal rear diff hasnt been available for awhile, and was very problematic. The best fix for it anymore is to get the two metal idler gears, either the Arrma ones, or the HPI ones, and do the HPI Blitz ball diff conversion.
I was always under the impression that the metal trans was better than the plastic one.

I was always under the impression that the metal trans was better than the plastic one.
The metal diff had a big issue with the washers that went between the spider gears and the diff O-Rings coning (circled in red), and causing the diff to lock up, the pins (circled in blue) would randomly snap and the spider gears (circled in black) would crack, especially under brushless power. This was a discussion i had a couple years ago with a couple people about it: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/2013-arrma-fury-diff-parts-questions.15935/
AR310378.jpg

ARRMA-Fury-BLX-3-Custom.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back