Arrma Voltage Maximum brushed motor on stock esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Voltage
Doing some Math..
Continuous current of the stock ESC is 40 amps.. and based on some charts. the
stock Motor 20T draws 14 to 17 amps

Found a 13T for $14! should draw between 25-30 amps and add about 65%
if current max is 22mph (youtube vid) this would bring it up to about 36mph
That's one cheap hop up!

Link to specificatins
https://www.arrma-rc.com/power-systems/latest/megasrs

1548783425650.png

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...3.html?rmmds=search&ID=47249&cur_warehouse=CN

I looked at that one.. the price was amazing.. then I thought about it.. and went ah $30 still cheap.. Boy smashed that body of the Fazon today.. ran it into my truck tire.. it shattered.. now I"m working on making a bumper.. the hobby build part continues

Our t-bone bumpers should be arriving today. One Fazon body too late though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 59
Tbone bumper update:

I think it's a good idea and has saved our vehicles multiple times. On the other hand is the discussion of the 13t motor.

13t 540 motor update:

DO NOT DO IT!!

Facts: Our experiment was with a Voltage Granite on a stock MT Copperhead tire/wheel combo with the factory 16t 48p pinion gear. Everything is stock except a 20kg, metal gear servo and the tbone bumper.

The sizzle: We nearly pissed ourselves laughing so hard. This car flat-out comes alive with speed and blew the proverbial doors off our other granite in acceleration and top speed. You'd have thought they were made for this kinda speed. It was a riot. You could literally catch air off the mild driveway curbs in my neighborhood. While on that small jump and on those jumps you could pitch the vehicle fore-aft with the throttle and left-right with the steering, like the big boys. Tires began to balloon some too, for the first time.

The rub: It will overheat! We didn’t get but 25% of the way through a 6200@mAh, 50c hour battery and it got so hot it began to melt the plastic where the engine mounts in the chassis, the copper posted end cap of the motor discolored from extreme heat, and it smelled like plastic-melting ass.

I advise that you do not do it.

wow that's not good. I bought a 10t.. not in yet.. will have to look at mounting.. I bought a temp gun too.. so I'll take a close look at that as well. Stole this from another post.. maybe it would help?
50°C hot battery = replace with higher C rated pack
70°C hot motor + cool ESC = under geared (pinion too small)
95°C hot ESC + cool motor = over geared (pinion too large)
hot everything = WAY over geared

95c is already way too hot for an esc!

Don’t let your esc get above 140f

Don’t let your motor get above 180f

Don’t let your batteries get over 130f

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back