Fazon Arrma Voltage Series!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
I just noticed the Voltage series of trucks from Arrma.
One noticeable feature is the motor is now ahead of the rear axle, pic below.
I'm liking the styling, but given the choice, will prob go with a 4X4 Granite or Senton.

3 volt.JPG
2 volt.JPG
1 volt.JPG

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a Granite Voltage for my son, and he has already snapped 3 differentials. Luckily the part is cheap, but a time consuming repair. Has anybody else experienced that? Is there an upgraded differential from another manufacturer that would fit? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks,

The small output shaft that connects to the dogbones.It is shearing off clean from the differential.

From a brushed motor? Wow!
Yes on the "time-consuming" repair statement.
Is this the part that keeps shearing off?

1 arrma.JPG

Holy broken diff Batman. Just ran 2S on carpet and it's broke. Anyone know of an upgrade!

Holy broken diff Batman. Just ran 2S on carpet and it's broke. Anyone know of an upgrade!
I see 3 potential paths for you:
  1. Scour the blog boards for a rec
  2. Get a caliper, Harbor Freight or eBay cheapie should do, then start checking measurements and pitches on various other brands.
  3. Or possibly, take yours into a LHS and line one up.

Thanks Steve I ordered two of them. I am in process of tearing it apart.....what a pain!!! I'm not sure if it's going to work or not but I might try to make a spool out of it. I will post my experiment soon!

Thanks Steve I ordered two of them. I am in process of tearing it apart.....what a pain!!! I'm not sure if it's going to work or not but I might try to make a spool out of it. I will post my experiment soon!

Are you ripping up the planetary gears inside the diff or tearing the teeth off the outside?
If it's the first, I got a Lock Spool for my Rustler [shhhh, Traxxas is a dirty word on this board] which turned my diff into a posi-traction drive.
Link below fits a Traxxas, don't know if it fits your RC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TR...646360&hash=item520526c8e3:g:no4AAOSwZA1aeLJp

Thank you for your reply Steve. I thought at first I broke the diff, I just assumed I did. I finally got a chance to tear it apart. And the diff cups are stripped. I wish I would've checked that before I torn the thing apart to find out the diff is no broke. And yes I am a rookie. Thank you!

Thank you for your reply Steve. I thought at first I broke the diff, I just assumed I did. I finally got a chance to tear it apart. And the diff cups are stripped. I wish I would've checked that before I torn the thing apart to find out the diff is no broke. And yes I am a rookie. Thank you!

Live and learn! We've all been there.
Glad you have it diagnosed and can get back to bashing!

The small output shaft that connects to the dogbones.It is shearing off clean from the differential.
Hi guys .This is my first Arrma RC and I'm having the same issue of the output shaft of the diff being sheared clean together with the diff outdrive. And this happened not more than 10mins on its first drive outta the box! Wasn't doing any hard bashing or even on a LiPo battery.

My first instinct was to see if this was an isolated incident but it appears not. Anybody knows if there's a solution to this? Clearly it's a design failure on Arrma's side from a material standpoint..I think the metal used is too soft maybe? How else to explain the diff shaft still stuck in the undamaged plastic diff outdrive? I feel replacing the affected part will just be a frequent recurrence of frustration. I've no idea what the cost is, regardless, this has put Arrma in a bad light in my book. Sorry for the negative vibes but I really liked Arrma's 6s BLX models and thought the Granite Voltage would be a good foot in the door to that range for me. Highly likely the Granite's going back in the box and storeroom.
20180408_124606.jpg
20180408_124447.jpg
20180408_124606.jpg
20180408_124447.jpg
20180408_124606.jpg
20180408_124447.jpg

Tough break (no pun intended!). It's hard to believe that metal would snap so easily. You'd think the plastic outdrive piece would round-out long before that could happen.

I've only got maybe 4 runs on mine (3 on 6 cell Nimh, 1 on 2s lipo) and seems to be holding up well. I must admit, it's a fun truck even in stock form. Much better handling than my Stampede 2wd or the rear motor Granite BLX I used to own.

I wish there was more folks talking about these Voltage trucks so a consensus could be formed on strengths, weaknesses, etc..

I've been running mine on just 2 LiOn batteries and I still here the gears grinding away. LOL I'm scared to run Lipo in it anymore.

I have no idea as I've never seen a voltage in the flesh, but I wonder if the diff outdrives from a Granite Blx would fit, they're all steel and don't have this issue. Might be worth investing ?

Is this the only one that sheared off or are you on output shaft 2 or 3?
If it's 1, then bummer, you've got a long tear-down & build-up.
Good side of that to me, is I'd rather be tinkering with an RC than watching TV any day!
Tune in some Pandora, uncork some red blend and have at it!
If it's 2 or more, then it's definitely a material flaw.

New member here. Just purchased 2 of these for my boys. Had the same issue on one of them within 5 mins and had it turned way down. So far the other one has not had a problem. So far

Shoot, we just opened one up out of the box today and would like to get to be able to try to break it. The stock charger is malfunctioning, only shows lights for on of the Li-Ion charging bays. So, on to the 2s LiPo that we bought, only to find out that it will not slide into the factory battery area because the wires exit out the small end of the battery and they need to exit the long and narrow side or the top (when lying like a brick) to work.

So frustrated. I'll loose my friggin mind if the gear shears in 4 minutes after finally getting it going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back