Arrma Vorteks 3S BLX build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still using the Tomahawks MTs and going to use them on my big rock also , but I've been looking for good road tyres . Would you recommend these buddy or not .
if you can wait a couple of days, I'll probably prep some good videos on all these tyres.
what you mean by road tyres btw? because for just tarmac, I still put on my stock Vorteks tyres, they are small, grip okay, pop wheelies and these are the best to be wasted on tarmac :D
I then have Louise RC Mt-Cross and Louise RC Mt-Rocket, and the Tomahawks you suggested.
I actually might go and do a speedrun in the weekend with the road tyres, then give you an idea of how they did. for how much I tried them, they look good but baloon too much :/
this youtuber has some very very nice road tyres on his Vorteks, but I think they're pricey: https://www.youtube.com/@SouthLatitude20

if you can wait a couple of days, I'll probably prep some good videos on all these tyres.
what you mean by road tyres btw? because for just tarmac, I still put on my stock Vorteks tyres, they are small, grip okay, pop wheelies and these are the best to be wasted on tarmac :D
I then have Louise RC Mt-Cross and Louise RC Mt-Rocket, and the Tomahawks you suggested.
I actually might go and do a speedrun in the weekend with the road tyres, then give you an idea of how they did. for how much I tried them, they look good but baloon too much :/
this youtuber has some very very nice road tyres on his Vorteks, but I think they're pricey: https://www.youtube.com/@SouthLatitude20
Thanks buddy that would be great if you don't mind . Would love to see the comparison. And your thoughts .

Thanks buddy that would be great if you don't mind . Would love to see the comparison. And your thoughts .
Hey @ChriswithaC ,
So I had the Louise RC Mt-Cross tyres on and spent 2 batteries with them in wet grass today. They shred grass, but the car also doesn't slide, so loads of fall overs until I became very smooth with turning. I had no thermal problems either with the new 15T pinion. (Keep in mind you know how the weather is outside šŸ¤£)

Then, in the evening, I put on these and went out for some street bashing. And im afraid not much news yet. Its cold outside, tarmac is almost wet, so cold. So tyres just don't grip. I still went through a whole battery. (34.5min, 9200 meters covered). Not sure how Im gonna get decent temperature runs for the next months.

Some pics tho

IMG_20221209_180634.jpg

IMG_20221209_180231_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20221209_180221_Bokeh.jpg

I couldnt go out cuz its just crazy freezing, so instead I am replacing shock oils. 450 in front, 400 in back.
One front shock is a tad bent, but its okay.

Love cleaning it, cus I can really clean it impeccably. I also installed dusty motor sleeves on them.

IMG_20221211_155107.jpg

IMG_20221211_135550.jpg

IMG_20221211_065205_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20221211_160626.jpg

IMG_20221211_134804.jpg

IMG_20221211_144002.jpg

Hey man, what was the story w your rear diff/slipper clutch? I had to change both šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
The diff was in good shape. I just changed oil and put back in. My slipper clutch was out of adjustment. So put the 16 T pinion in and got it adjusted it to what I think is right. The noise is better to where it back to the normal Arrma sound. All seems good now. Ran 4 packs since I put it back together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back