Vorteks Arrma vorteks 4s power upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up the vorteks and I absolutely love this thing on 20t pinion running 3s. Is anyone aware if there are any power upgrades? Perhaps a 4s upgrade? Looking for suggestions. Im a big fan of hobbywing systems

20210613_163403.jpg

Or im also interested in suggestions to some of the most needed upgrades.

Upgrade to a decent servo when the stock one dies. I used a cheap $20 servo at first when my stock one died and it was ok albeit slower than stock and it didn't like the AVC. Under warranty I was given a Savox SW0231MG 15kg and it's transformed the truck back to its former handling glory.

Similar story with my Big Rock. Savox SW1212SG servo replacement (not a warranty job) and it's got tons of turning torque.

In the end you get what you pay for.

I've only been able to run mine once due to work and the weather, but I have 3 upgrades planned out, just waiting on the parts.

First is a Center chassis brace with the 200mm bar found on the Outcast 4S. Already has a mount but you have to buy a mounting kit separately just to use the damn end caps for the bar.

Second is a new HD Steel 57t spur gear. Need to buy new clutch pads as it requires 4.

Last upgrade is a test. Shocks. I'm a fan of the big bore aluminum 6s shocks and also found a good deal on them. About $50 with taxes and shipping for Mojave EXB fronts for the rear and Limitless rears for the front. The issue is that there aren't any springs that match the stock lb/in as the Vorteks has stock with the length of the springs that come on the Limitless shock itself. I did find a big bore spring with the same weight as the Vorteks uses but the spring length is a little bit longer than the stock spring found on the Limitless.

Why did you buy an entire assembly? You can use your existing slipper assembly and just swap out the spur, add a new pad and then done. So I'd either cancel/return that slipper and order a pack of pads. Or keep the new slipper and take a pad out of the old one. Your choice. But yes, steel spur is slightly different in design and requires 4 pads. Stock uses 3.

Why did you buy an entire assembly? You can use your existing slipper assembly and just swap out the spur, add a new pad and then done. So I'd either cancel/return that slipper and order a pack of pads. Or keep the new slipper and take a pad out of the old one. Your choice. But yes, steel spur is slightly different in design and requires 4 pads. Stock uses 3.
Oh I see. My bad I thought it was a whole different setup
Let's see your custom vorteks build guys!!

Nah, the spur gear is just a quick swap. The rest of the assembly is the same. Just make sure you loctite the screw for the slipper and adjust it and also add loctite on the motor mount screws and pinion grub screw. I had my grub screw fly out on me at top speed and scratched up the motor plate pretty good.

I just bought the steel spur and slipper assembly do I still need to buy the extra pads?

View attachment 152944
Hate to spoil your day, but the HD slipper set that you bought does not have the steel spur gear. It is the stock composite spur gear. It even says so in the description if you take the time to read it.

LWB Vorteks running a BLX185 Esc and a hobbystar 4074 2250 kv motor with a 20 tooth pinion. Also has steel spur, Hot Racing hexes for width but mostly for 17mm conversion, MX28 Badlands, m2c motor mount, arrma metal front and rear diff setup, CVD drive shafts on the rear, typhon 3s wing, some purple Amazon shocks for the rear because with the LWB the rear shocks show a lot so I figured I would color match them with the body. Such a fun car to drive it's very fast and has taken abuse for sure. The next thing I need to do is get the hot racing metal balls for the joints. Plastic ones wear out so fast. Did 63 MPH when I had a 2050 kv motor in it, not sure what it'll do now with the 2250 but all I know is it's very fun. I love wrenching on these 3s/4s platforms. I would also like to do a center brace but I haven't felt the need quite yet but I probably should to help stop other stuff from flexing and possibly getting messed up.

CB0C3A6D-F0E1-4760-93E1-9F5DC5FB9127.jpeg
033F66FD-E028-46E6-87A6-7C10CF469FBD.jpeg
EA9E1913-B3D4-4DFD-A4BA-50BFC34CAE0F.jpeg

Hate to spoil your day, but the HD slipper set that you bought does not have the steel spur gear. It is the stock composite spur gear. It even says so in the description if you take the time to read it.
Well damn thanks for pointing that out chief. I guess its always good to have spare parts. Guess I was in a heavy duty rush lol. My bad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back