Vorteks Arrma Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX Officially Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is funny, on the aircraft side, BNF is the 'normal', most planes don't come with a TX. I really wish HH would do the same with the ground side. Or at least make BND an option on the non-entry level cars...

I suspect this is because pretty much all the BNF planes require at least 4 channels (save for a few of the entry level trainers), and tend to benefit more from computerized radio features like dual rates and mixing. Computerized radio features are a nice to have for the surface side of thing, but having used both air and surface radios with their respective models, I'll say the air radios got far more milage in those regards.

Said another way: Figure if you look at the average $600 aircraft from HH, and compare to the average $600 Surface vehicle, far more of those aircraft will benefit, if not outright require a more advanced radio, vs something like the Arrma Mojave where it can give you and edge, but it's not nearly as beneficial.

This is the fastest and most technically advanced 1/10 scale 4x4 vehicle in the ARRMA lineup.

Arrma Vorteks Features

• Stadium truck body with tough, injection molded wing and protective roof skids
  • Adjustable body mounts
  • High-traction, vented dBoots® Katar™ multi-terrain tires mounted to tough, gun-metal color wheels
  • Spektrum™ 3660 3200Kv brushless motor with ARRMA® heatsink and cooling fan and Safe D pinion
  • Spektrum™ Firma™ 100A Smart ESC
  • Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DX3 transmitter and SR6200A receiver Smart radio system with AVC® (Active Vehicle Control®)
  • Spektrum™ SPMS651 metal-geared servo
  • Strong composite chassis with extended height dirt defenders
  • Easy-access modular design
  • Adjustable turnbuckles
  • Steering system with stone clearance
  • Adjustable ride height
  • Wheelie bar
  • Rubber shielded bearings throughout
  • Durable 37T 1.35 module metal differential gears and silicone O-rings
  • Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
  • Plastic locknut for slipper
  • Double wishbone suspension front and rear
  • Oil-filled shocks with silicone O-rings
Me: take more of my money Arrma, Please Just Take It All!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't get the logic behind this release, it's a 3S truck. 🤷‍♂️
For 3S it's 60MPH out of the box, what's the 4S line gonna do to top it?
I’ll wait for the 4s line
Not I Sir as I hit the order button!

The more I’ve looked at it it’s a nice fast little truck probally with decent handling. I’m thinking to grab one. It’s something easy to lug around in the back seat and use for a blast when time or space is a constraint. If you don’t own a 3S model yet I don’t think you could go wrong really

Never thought I'd be going for 3s before going something large like 8s but here we are.
Purple one on the way as a "back up if the 6s Typhon break mid run.", should've bought 6s batteries for the 6s to avoid this reasoning working, oh well.

I'm still awaiting some off-road videos however thus far the on-road videos (mainly speed runs) have not failed to impress. It's fast and stable, that's for sure.

I think it'll fit my needs well. Small, light and fast and only needs 1 x 3S battery.

Never thought I'd be going for 3s before going something large like 8s but here we are.
Purple one on the way as a "back up if the 6s Typhon break mid run.", should've bought 6s batteries for the 6s to avoid this reasoning working, oh well.
Idea I had a back up and a smaller truck that uses 1 lipo but still fast and fun.
I'm still awaiting some off-road videos however thus far the on-road videos (mainly speed runs) have not failed to impress. It's fast and stable, that's for sure.

I think it'll fit my needs well. Small, light and fast and only needs 1 x 3S battery.
Same I like it for all those reasons

I seen 55 out the box stock which is fast, probably 60 with a pinion swap. I have no idea what the new 4s line will do, have to wait and see. They are bigger and heavier trucks to begin with.

Last edited:
I'm still awaiting some off-road videos
I seen a couple offroad runs yesterday, Jay Tee at a dirt track and another offroad with jumps and flips, check out YouTube.

The more I see on this one, the more I’m thinking it will be the only Arrma 3S and 4S model that I will pass on. Thinking about the next version of the 6S Talion. I know there is no comparison there. If it had released at $319 like the others I would’ve bought it without blinking but something about the price increase turns me off when I think about the new shocks it will need and metal pillow balls. Now we are closer to $500.

I know it would be difficult to stock B&M stores this way but if they offered the entire 3s lineup with and without the AVC Tx/Rx and price them accordingly, I'd be more interested. Maybe something they could offer from the HH site though. Or a BND version like previously stated. I assume most new people to the hobby would want a Tx/Rx that's already installed and calibrated with it. Options like these would be nice, imo.

Including the AVC and upping the price could bring some customers in though. While a gyro isn't necessary, especially on a AWD vehicle, that is one thing that may have had people choosing traxxas and paying more. Maybe we'll soon see a self righting feature, if Arrma can pull it off without any patent infringements.

I am in the market for at 3rd RC and the Vorteks seems interesting. I am mainly looking for a backup for when I go bashing with my son and I'd like it to be a smaller truck for smaller area where the Kraton is overkill. When I am being reasonable, I am thinking of picking up another Granite in order to limit the spare parts I need to keep at home, but having two of the same trucks sounds boring. The Vorteks shares a lot of parts with the Granite while offering a very different driving experience, so I guess that could be a good choice for me. I am wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait for the revised 4S... I'll be mad at myself for picking up a Vorteks if the revised 4S comes with a center diff.

Kraton broke during the first pack today and we had to finish all the batteries on the Granite. It was still fun, but I was thinking the whole time how awesome it would be to have a Vorteks as a backup.

Me: take more of my money Arrma, Please Just Take It All!!!!!!!!!!!

Not I Sir as I hit the order button!
I'm not trying to criticize the Vorteks, I just think people should realize, this is not a new feature. All the 3s vehicles will do 55-60 mph with an 18t-20t pinion and similar sized tires. All you need is a $4 pinion. The only reason the Vorteks is listed as faster is the Granite/Big Rock/Typhon all come with a 15t pinion and the Senton has smaller wheels

Last edited:
No offense, but that video was hard to try to watch.
What video?

I just got to thinking this and the Big Rock Crew Cab don't have a Mega version. I wonder why? :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back