Vorteks Arrma Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX Officially Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of like the red white blue colour one. I might look into one as a small fast basher. Wish I kept this gem though. The real blx 2wd vorteks that competed with the rustler 2wd vxl I has this one done up doing 50 to 60mph with lead weights in the front and everything on pavement lol Someone on eBay bought it off me 🤔 can’t remember where it went
58C0EAE0-FAEB-40F8-A326-ABEF25E78F57.png
2D873037-CDB8-41A9-8D8B-CB7E07BA73BF.png

If we are all really being honest here we’re a little spoiled by arrma actually listening to us, the customer, so when we get new products that don’t have every wishlist box checked it’s easy to be disappointed. I think the biggest disappointment is the price tag. At $330-350 I think a lot of us would have thought the value was there so cool a new truck, but pushing $400 is just too much. Other brands charge more, ok, this isn’t them This...is...arrmaaaaa
soldiers falling GIF
I agree, what attracted me to Arrma was their pricing, kind of the peoples brand at a fair price. Now every year the price goes up closing the gap upwards towards the big dogs. I hope they stay true to their roots and not become just another greedy RC company.

It's not up to Arrma any more, it's in the hands of Horizon Hobby, and believe you me Horizon will drive the prices upwards.

Sadly I don't think Arrma had any choice, and I bet they'd have remained independent if they were able to.
TRUTH!!

The more I see this running, the more I like it, although if it were available a few weeks ago it wouldn’t have swayed me from buying a Granite.

I’d probably buy a 4s Outcast or Kraton next. I could see this as maybe a third vehicle, or a Granite conversion project down the road just for a change.

I wish HH would make some Arrma BND trucks though, with decent receivers that are avc and telemetry ready. Instead of having to spend $80 after the fact, and having yet another transmitter collecting dust.

The more I see this running, the more I like it, although if it were available a few weeks ago it wouldn’t have swayed me from buying a Granite.

I’d probably buy a 4s Outcast or Kraton next. I could see this as maybe a third vehicle, or a Granite conversion project down the road just for a change.

I wish HH would make some Arrma BND trucks though, with decent receivers that are avc and telemetry ready. Instead of having to spend $80 after the fact, and having yet another transmitter collecting dust.

Well judging by the Vorteks I am willing to bet that all future models will have AVC.

I honestly enjoy tinkering and changing my Granite/Big Rock/Typhon. I only have one. It started as a Granite Mega V2 and I have the parts to make it any one of these 3 cars. It's fun to switch things around to see how differently it handles on a track and jumps. It's not too difficult to buy the parts to convert a Granite to a Vorteks. It does appear that the shock towers/bulkheads are shorter than the Granite. I echo the same opinions as others here. Too overpriced for not really any valuable upgrades. Should have included a metal spur and metal diff cups and input gears. Or the big bore 4mm shocks.

It's unfortunate that Arrma keeps increasing their prices for no reason or any upgraded parts.
I will say that I understand it though. As a consumer, it sucks. But their products are super hot right now. They can’t even keep the big sellers in stock. This Vorteks will sell well no matter how many complaints we see in this thread. Raising prices is the right business decision at this point.

However, like someone else posted, I hope this makes room for a high-quality 2S lineup to be introduced.

I will say that I understand it though. As a consumer, it sucks. But their products are super hot right now. They can’t even keep the big sellers in stock. This Vorteks will sell well no matter how many complaints we see in this thread. Raising prices is the right business decision at this point.

However, like someone else posted, I hope this makes room for a high-quality 2S lineup to be introduced.
I totally get it and understand it from a business decision. The hobby just keeps getting more and more expensive. I have no doubt people will continue to buy them at the increased prices. I just won't be one of them. It does give people more options though.

My .02 as a Granite owner (and a bunch of other RC's) -

I think this will different enough for Granite, BBRC, and Senton that there will be no overlap. I do think $370 is a bit high for a 3S, but I have also been a long time critic of how pricy the whole DX* radio system is.

I've run my Granite on ST tires, and it changes the truck into a very different driving experience. The Vortex will add a bit lower CG with the shorter towers and body, and for sure it looks "racier" than a MT with small tires. (my granite does look a bit silly with ST tires).

For a while now, I have been wanting a 1/10 truggy as a basher. Hobao ST10, Tekno ET410, HPI Maveric Quantum+ XT Flux, I have been tempted by all these cars. I really love smaller nimble bashers that can be run in smaller spaces (backyards, small parks). My previous go-to for smaller bashing areas was my Hobbyking 1/16 truggy (SCT) - but like all the 'good' HobbyKing cars, it has been discontinued, not parts support, so I don't run it as much anymore. I want a replacemnt, and a 1/10 truggy that is a bit smaller tire size over my Granite would be a good fit. I really want a ET410.2, but all in, it would cost similar to a Kraton 6s, or even a Mojave... Enter the Vortex, and I am excited.

But my next RC will probably be a 1/8 truggy. Short list right now is Kraton EXB, Mojave, or a ET48 2.0. But, all in I will need $1k to get one of those running... And a Vortex would get run more... humm.

What's the Arrma 3S platform like? I only have their bigger 6S / 8S cars.

I kind of like the style of the Granite better, and it's cheaper, and there doesn't seem to be a big difference outside of the receiver / radio.
I have the latest big rock and I love it. It’s tough as nails and pretty quick out of the box! I’d love to grab these wheels and tires to throw on the BR - I think it would toughen up the look a bit

It's unfortunate that Arrma keeps increasing their prices for no reason or any upgraded parts.
Again, it has an upgraded radio system. So there is “a reason”. Whether or not one feels its a good reason is another story. As noted before, it has the most expensive ground Rx in Spektrums line up; namely because the only AVC equipped Rx also has six channels.

I’d love that too, but problem is that the Tx is likely the cheapest thing in the box. Betting less than $10 each as a cost to HH. So if they only dropped the price $10 for a BND version, people start wonder why the TX alone is priced so high.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but i seem to remember that the Vaterra BND trucks were $30 or so cheaper than their RTRs. That would work for me if it had AVC and telemetry and could bind with my DX5 rugged.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but i seem to remember that the Vaterra BND trucks were $30 or so cheaper than their RTRs. That would work for me if it had AVC and telemetry and could bind with my DX5 rugged.
Yeah, this. I would much rather have a BND Vortex at $350, and pick up a DX5C for another $99.

It is funny, on the aircraft side, BNF is the 'normal', most planes don't come with a TX. I really wish HH would do the same with the ground side. Or at least make BND an option on the non-entry level cars...

Is this because it lays the shock flatter vs the rest of the 3s lineup so the suspension movement is more progressive, so it loads and unloads less under small compressions and ramps quickly under large ones? Better on the ground handling at the expense of less ability to absorb hits from huge jumps etc?
Yep, so it's not for those that run on very rough terrain or send off big jumps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back