Vorteks Arrma Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX Officially Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look, the more I think the rear shocks are normal 3s fronts, and the fronts are a newer shorter front shock... If both front and rear towers are shorter, I'm kind of happy. I'd like to find a very low slung street body for the on road version of my typhon...

The 3s line has done very well, I think it makes sense for them to add a stadium truck to the line up. I personally love the look(always liked stadium trucks) and will probably add to my collection eventually. I do think it would have been a cool new addition to the 4s line to compete with the maxx.

This is the fastest and most technically advanced 1/10 scale 4x4 vehicle in the ARRMA lineup.

Arrma Vorteks Features

• Stadium truck body with tough, injection molded wing and protective roof skids
  • Adjustable body mounts
  • High-traction, vented dBoots® Katar™ multi-terrain tires mounted to tough, gun-metal color wheels
  • Spektrum™ 3660 3200Kv brushless motor with ARRMA® heatsink and cooling fan and Safe D pinion
  • Spektrum™ Firma™ 100A Smart ESC
  • Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DX3 transmitter and SR6200A receiver Smart radio system with AVC® (Active Vehicle Control®)
  • Spektrum™ SPMS651 metal-geared servo
  • Strong composite chassis with extended height dirt defenders
  • Easy-access modular design
  • Adjustable turnbuckles
  • Steering system with stone clearance
  • Adjustable ride height
  • Wheelie bar
  • Rubber shielded bearings throughout
  • Durable 37T 1.35 module metal differential gears and silicone O-rings
  • Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
  • Plastic locknut for slipper
  • Double wishbone suspension front and rear
  • Oil-filled shocks with silicone O-rings
Ok..I see the price increased substantially..but same motor as Big Rock v3 right?

Ya I mean overall its an underwhelming release other than bringing the Vorteks name back. Ive been saying for almost a year now that Arrma just needs to start over. The 3S and 6S platforms have had the same basic design for over half a decade now but time and time again they run into issues, especially with 6S diffs. I think its about time Arrma starts looking at a complete redesign with bigger diffs. I mean its kinda sad when Traxxas 4S diffs outclass your 6S ones.

I really can’t complain about my granite. Yea I put some money into but I think that’s inevitable and I can smash the poop out this now and the only breaks I have now are minor and cheap. Slippers seem to be the biggest problem but I got mine going good now. Just a learning curve but still only a 15 dollar fix

Ya I mean overall its an underwhelming release other than bringing the Vorteks name back. Ive been saying for almost a year now that Arrma just needs to start over. The 3S and 6S platforms have had the same basic design for over half a decade now but time and time again they run into issues, especially with 6S diffs. I think its about time Arrma starts looking at a complete redesign with bigger diffs. I mean its kinda sad when Traxxas 4S diffs outclass your 6S ones.

What issues? The 3S line has been solid since day 1, if you compare them to any other 3S truck in the market, it kills them all.

6S is fine if you run it on 6S. Every car out there starts blowing up if you put in more power than what it was designed for, whether it be Traxxas or Arrma or whomever.

wow ,these guys are really trying to piss off Traxxass and puzzle hardcore Arrma fans. I remember when the Orange 3S Granite first made its debut . Now that was a happy day ! I believe that the 6S Arrma line is so secure that Arrma is now taunting Arrma the same way Team Corally is shadowing Arrma. Oh well ,business people doing business. Enjoy the show folks , soon the no prep dragster ,,,,

Didn’t know they lowered the price on the Hoss, thanks for sharing.

IMO Arrma is using this as a bridge to raising prices on the 3S line. They did the same thing with the original BRCC. It was the last release of the V2’s, with a higher price tag for basically no reason. 8 months later, and they’re all the same price.

Scary thing is that the 4S line could easily be $480-500. Which means the 6S line will probably be around $600+ soon.
Yeah the Hoss was reduced recently. I remember when the V2 BR was $319 and the others were $299.

Unfortunately everything goes up in time, inflation, cost of materials, greed. Both companies have to juggle with prices to find a slot for them to attract buyers without having them bypass one and jump up to the next. Seen it with Traxxas and now with Arrmas.

I always thought that the new 4s line would be in that $480-$500 range depending on the changes made. I just hope they give us a lot, I for one would pay the premium for a stout 10 scale.
I really like the purple body as well, although I would prefer it with the pink being red or blue😍
View attachment 139960View attachment 139961
Agree, pink is for ladies, right. 🤣

Last edited:
Cool car!
the red, white blue colour scheme reminds me of Martini racing cars👍
1618554269316.jpeg

I was hoping for 17mm hex hubs and metal pivot balls! 😔 And the diffs are the exact same as the 3S trucks AND the 4S diffs... still the same plastic diff input pinion and main gear, despite metal ones being available - why weren't they used in this truck? What are we paying extra for?

Also, what happened to the mysterious aluminium shock bodies?? They've been incomplete but still listed as a hop up for ages!? (ARA330667/8)

What's really disappointing is the power module still hasn't been redesigned. It's still a dust magnet and bearings are going to continue to blow. Surely this of all issues should have been addressed? A centre diff design would have been a game changer here too

The only new improvement here I can see is the smart Spektrum ESC. I'd say the radio and AVC receiver is too although I hardly use AVC. Definitely not worth the price hike!

Stuff it, just ordered one. Really wanted a 3S truck, something smaller and lighter and as weird as it sounds, with more plastic.

Had my eye on a Granite for a while, but figured I'd give this new Vortex a try. Went for purple as it looks so different to everything else, and I'm hoping the new ESC, transmitter and receiver offer enough over the Granite for it to be worthwhile. I think I'll prefer the handling of the Vortex over the Granite anyhow.

Keep you posted when it arrives...

Stuff it, just ordered one. Really wanted a 3S truck, something smaller and lighter and as weird as it sounds, with more plastic.

Had my eye on a Granite for a while, but figured I'd give this new Vortex a try. Went for purple as it looks so different to everything else, and I'm hoping the new ESC, transmitter and receiver offer enough over the Granite for it to be worthwhile. I think I'll prefer the handling of the Vortex over the Granite anyhow.

Keep you posted when it arrives...
NICE!!!

Arrma have finally updated these new shocks to have the threaded shaft and rods ends.

suspension.jpg

The Vorteks comes with a 18t stock whereas the Granite comes with a 15t. That's why they listed it up there with the 6s models :)
If this comes standard with 18t, they need to start shipping out the 3s typhon with the 18t as well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I watched a few unboxing vids yesterday (largely in FFW in some cases), as well as the CCxRC short bashing vid. It really seems like a nice truck for smooth surface, but not that great for rough terrain, unsurprisingly.

I am in the market for at 3rd RC and the Vorteks seems interesting. I am mainly looking for a backup for when I go bashing with my son and I'd like it to be a smaller truck for smaller area where the Kraton is overkill. When I am being reasonable, I am thinking of picking up another Granite in order to limit the spare parts I need to keep at home, but having two of the same trucks sounds boring. The Vorteks shares a lot of parts with the Granite while offering a very different driving experience, so I guess that could be a good choice for me. I am wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait for the revised 4S... I'll be mad at myself for picking up a Vorteks if the revised 4S comes with a center diff.

I watched a few unboxing vids yesterday (largely in FFW in some cases), as well as the CCxRC short bashing vid. It really seems like a nice truck for smooth surface, but not that great for rough terrain, unsurprisingly.

I am in the market for at 3rd RC and the Vorteks seems interesting. I am mainly looking for a backup for when I go bashing with my son and I'd like it to be a smaller truck for smaller area where the Kraton is overkill. When I am being reasonable, I am thinking of picking up another Granite in order to limit the spare parts I need to keep at home, but having two of the same trucks sounds boring. The Vorteks shares a lot of parts with the Granite while offering a very different driving experience, so I guess that could be a good choice for me. I am wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait for the revised 4S... I'll be mad at myself for picking up a Vorteks if the revised 4S comes with a center diff.
Could always get a 2nd Granite, slap some ST wheels on it and a different body, and gear it up. You’d still have more travel/ride height but otherwise they’re basically the same truck based on the posted specs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back