Vorteks Arrma Vorteks & Castle 1520

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the one hand it might be a bit overpowered on the other hand it might be to big.

Diameter: 1.64" (41.6mm) Length: 3.50” (88.8mm)

It will be close. 4mm more in diameter and 28mm in lenght. I don't know to be honest.

On the one hand it might be a bit overpowered on the other hand it might be to big.

Diameter: 1.64" (41.6mm) Length: 3.50” (88.8mm)

It will be close. 4mm more in diameter and 28mm in lenght. I don't know to be honest.
I was thinking 🤔 the same thing. I got some time to do more research. Thanks for the info!!!

Does anyone know if the castle 1520 will fit in a Vorteks?
My Tp4050 barely fit in there, the 1520 is 6mm longer so it won't fit without some serious modifications. I would go with the 1515, even that will be a close call :)

Oh thats a german motor, didn't know them till now. Are they good? But isn't that way to much power for a 3s rig?
You mean the TP? I don't think they are German but they have a German reseller/website. I see you're from BW as well :D
They are great motors for the price. A lot of people run them in their speed run cars with great success. They are quite a bit cheaper here in Germany compared to Castle motors. They both have Y and D wind motors and I would recommend the Y winds for bashing since they run cooler and don't draw too many amps.
I put it into my Vorteks just for fun. Was in there for one run and I reverted it back to stock. Just wanted to see what 6s power feels in a tiny 3s truck haha 🤣

TP Power motors are made in China like everything else. There is a German reseller who seems to be a great re-seller from what I can tell. In stock motors are ready to ship and build your own means you have to wait several months to get it from the factory in China.

I have seen the TP 4050 push heavy 1/8 and 1/7 scale cars beyond 130 mph. I don't think you need a ton of motor for a light weight RC like the Vorteks, but I always like to fit the largest motor than I can for the torque and extra surface area provides more cooling!

Maybe look at the TP4040 or 4030 if the 4050 does not fit. The best thing about TP Power is their wide range of KV options for a given motor series. Typically for one size TP Power offers nearly 20 kv options! Unlike Castle or HobbyWing who offer 1 to 2 options.

For what it is worth the first 2 digits are the motor diameter and the second 2 digits are the motor series which has zero relation to millimeters.
4050 = 40 x 81.5 mm
4040 = 40 x 77.3 mm
4030 = 40 x 63 mm

You mean the TP? I don't think they are German but they have a German reseller/website. I see you're from BW as well :D
They are great motors for the price. A lot of people run them in their speed run cars with great success. They are quite a bit cheaper here in Germany compared to Castle motors. They both have Y and D wind motors and I would recommend the Y winds for bashing since they run cooler and don't draw too many amps.
I put it into my Vorteks just for fun. Was in there for one run and I reverted it back to stock. Just wanted to see what 6s power feels in a tiny 3s truck haha 🤣
LOL!! I just want bash!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back