Vorteks Arrma Vorteks - Worthing getting now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally. Since changing out my dead stock servo for a $20 banggood special my AVC makes it do weird things. The upgraded servo is slower too so I've got a Savox warranty replacement to install at some stage.
Good deal! That should work out pretty good. I have a Powerhobby 18kg .07sec digital servo and my SVC system(same as AVC) works great.
That makes sense. Just got a warranty upgrade and received a 6s servo in the mail (s652). May throw that in there for fun and frolic. It’s 18kg so powerful enough for a vorteks.

I also threw in a glitch buster today. A big fat one lol. Ran it earlier for solid 10 minutes at 100%. It seems to have taken care of a couple small things that were making me wonder. Like the voltage dip that that was setting off the LVC yesterday didn’t happen. It also didn’t oscillate when the AVC was full on, like it did yesterday. But I was also using a different battery (Hoovoo 3s 5200/80c). So tomorrow I’m gonna test it using the battery I was using yesterday (Zeee 3s 5200/80c). Both are brand new and I am swapping them between runs to compare.
I don't like the Zee batteries. The one 4s Zee battery that I have just plain sucks. Doesn't have much punch and don't last as long as I felt it should.

How do you adjust the mesh for input/crown gear?

You can unscrew the diff yokes screws a tiny bit. Sometimes, the gears can bind when the yokes are full tight and releasing the pressure a bit can be enough to get rid of the binding.

It's not really a gear mesh adjustment, but kind of... 🙂

Good deal! That should work out pretty good. I have a Powerhobby 18kg .07sec digital servo and my SVC system(same as AVC) works great.

I installed the Savox replacement servo and its awesome. Its fast, accurate and the AVC works again 💯 Just love the way this truck drives and handles.

Last edited:
I was thinking of ordering a Vorteks today but a friend on mine told me there were quite a few issues with them at the moment from what he had seen youtube etc.

So my question is to those have one, is it any good? are there lots of issues or are they pretty much good to go out of the box?

I am torn between getting the Vorteks and a Kraton 6S as my second vehicle to go with my Typhon 3S BLX.
I bought the new Vorteks instead of the big rock and I absolutely love it 🔥👊Drives so good and fast! Design is also very epic in my opinion. I made a full review video on my YouTube Channel about the Vorteks (@feutastisch), maybe it will help you with your decision 👍✌️
YouTube Link to my video:

Nice review mate. Well coveted review and good camera work.

Not sure how you get 1 hour of use from a single 5000mah battery? Even light bashing I'm lucky to get 20 minutes and if I'm running on my tarmac area I can chew through a 5000mah Gen Ace in 10 minutes. That's with either of my Arrma 3s trucks.

Nice review mate. Well coveted review and good camera work.

Not sure how you get 1 hour of use from a single 5000mah battery? Even light bashing I'm lucky to get 20 minutes and if I'm running on my tarmac area I can chew through a 5000mah Gen Ace in 10 minutes. That's with either of my Arrma 3s trucks.
That’s crazy to me. I typically get ~45 minutes but not going full throttle constantly. 7.2a.

Last edited:
I have several areas to bash in and all of them allow you to open the throttle and hold it full for more than a couple of seconds. I have a table top jump that requires a lot of speed to make it to the top. It's my favorite part and I hit it constantly so I guess I'm driving quite hard through out a battery pack.

Use shims on the diffs to adjust the mesh on the input gear and crown gear. Placed under the bearing on either side to tighten or loosen the mesh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back