Vorteks Arrma Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojaveTO

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what’s up!? Just got an Arrma Vortex thing rips not bad. I found the run time very short compared to my Mojave. I ran a 3s spektrum battery 50c. Anything non particular I should know about these ?

616DD08A-CE8F-483B-9B60-8C096B3E4623.jpeg

I just got a purple one too. My daughter and I were ripping around the soccer field at the park. I gave her the Vorteks because of the AVC. The Senton is faster with the 20t pinion of course, but the 20t pinion in the Vorteks box is right there, so it will be faster soon. Lots of fun.

OK I was going to suggest checking mesh, slipper and also diffs for binding. Also just that it runs an 18t pinion eats the pack faster also I went to a 15t and it helped run time and also heat and cogging. I won one from the forum earlier this year and it was a bit of a mess out of the box. Had to shim both diffs to stop the bad binding, slipper was barely tight at all, pinion mesh was too tight. Then even after getting everything set right 3rd pack motor bearing went and so did the spur. Now running it with the steel spur and slot cut in chassis under the spur and not a single issue. Going to a 15t made a big difference also with cogging and temps.

Just had it apart as I smashed a pole and lost power. Switched out to a 15 teeth pinion opened up the rear diff added some Losi 5000 weight diff fluid. Tested her out wow so quiet lol

0F6DF649-9F5C-46E1-B0B6-2C21FE297231.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back