Vorteks Arrma vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpalmo93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have today a kraton exb and a big rock v3. Planing to buy one more truck snd got my eyes on the vorteks. Love my big rock but want a little more handling and speed. Will it be to similar to the big rock and a waste of money to buy one. They are pretty similar rig but is it worth have both of them?

I have today a kraton exb and a big rock v3. Planing to buy one more truck snd got my eyes on the vorteks. Love my big rock but want a little more handling and speed. Will it be to similar to the big rock and a waste of money to buy one. They are pretty similar rig but is it worth have both of them?

It will definitely feel different as the Vorteks has a short wheel base (SWB) and different suspension geometry.

Vorteks isn’t like any of the other Arrma 3s cars really. I’ve got them all (cept the senton) and it is unique. Didn’t work for me though as I realized I’m more basher then speeder so I modified it with typhon arms, mojave fronts 6s shocks, badlands and granite front shock tower. Maybe someday I’ll change it back but for now it’s my favorite daily driver.

065117B4-C899-43B0-9587-3943D9344DD4.jpeg

4658FC77-D9BF-4491-89A0-9C9B570839C2.jpeg

Vorteks isn’t like any of the other Arrma 3s cars really. I’ve got them all (cept the senton) and it is unique. Didn’t work for me though as I realized I’m more basher then speeder so I modified it with typhon arms, mojave fronts 6s shocks, badlands and granite front shock tower. Maybe someday I’ll change it back but for now it’s my favorite daily driver.

View attachment 205063

View attachment 205064
I need to do that. Did you use the springs that came on the Mojave 6s fronts or swap them out for different springs? What about shock oil? I am totally going to do this, it looks great. What is that bumper you have rigged up as well? OK I have to go look up your post history now.... sweet build. I'm gonna hit Jenny'sRC hard.

I need to do that. Did you use the springs that came on the Mojave 6s fronts or swap them out for different springs? What about shock oil? I am totally going to do this, it looks great. What is that bumper you have rigged up as well? OK I have to go look up your post history now.... sweet build. I'm gonna hit Jenny'sRC hard.
I don’t think I ever responded to this, sorry about that man.

I’m actually using stock Arrma springs that are similar to the stock vorteks spring weight… But I don’t remember which ones they were. Someone here on the forum referred them to me. The stock Mojave Springs would probably work just as good. I kept the oil that they came with and topped them off with 50wt.

Wait a minute, I remembered I bought them from Amain hobby, found them in the order history and attach a picture below.

The bumper is an old granite T-bone bumper. I did not attach it to the bulkhead though because a screw had broken off inside that granite bulkhead previously. It’s probably not the best way to run them. I had one break already but it was old. I had another one that I threw on and it’s fine so far.

The most recent thing I’ve gotten for the car is a Hobbystar 3665, 3100 KV motor. I’ll put that in before long and let her rip. I also picked up a new stock body. My stepdaughter and I have been talking about it. We’re going to Hydro dip it then use a color she picked (it’s a secret lol).

Did you ever end up doing anything with your Vorteks?

30C3C0C9-8E36-4557-B180-99DB3E39B273.jpeg

I don’t think I ever responded to this, sorry about that man.

I’m actually using stock Arrma springs that are similar to the stock vorteks spring weight… But I don’t remember which ones they were. Someone here on the forum referred them to me. The stock Mojave Springs would probably work just as good. I kept the oil that they came with and topped them off with 50wt.

Wait a minute, I remembered I bought them from Amain hobby, found them in the order history and attach a picture below.

The bumper is an old granite T-bone bumper. I did not attach it to the bulkhead though because a screw had broken off inside that granite bulkhead previously. It’s probably not the best way to run them. I had one break already but it was old. I had another one that I threw on and it’s fine so far.

The most recent thing I’ve gotten for the car is a Hobbystar 3665, 3100 KV motor. I’ll put that in before long and let her rip. I also picked up a new stock body. My stepdaughter and I have been talking about it. We’re going to Hydro dip it then use a color she picked (it’s a secret lol).

Did you ever end up doing anything with your Vorteks?

View attachment 208768
Hey thanks for the replyl! :) I really appreciate that you took the extra time to look up that spring. Did you use that front or rear or both?

I've swapped out the servos on both for Racerstar ones and tossed the servo savers in the parts bin and just used metal servo arms I had kicking around that came with various servos I ordered from Amazon and BangGood. Otherwise not much yet. But I am preparing...

The snow is starting to melt and ski season is almost over (the boy has one or maybe two more race weekends left) and then it will be RC time. What I have been doing is buying things for the Vorteks and setting up to modify them. I have a set of Big Rock wheels and tires, Typhon arms, and 6S shocks. I got some of the Axial grommets to mount the shocks and I have found a guy locally to 3D print me some stuff. I'm doing motor braces and having a look at mud guards too. I'll post a build thread when I get wrenching on them. Right now my shop is primarily dedicated to tuning skis. The boy has 2 pairs of racing skis (Slalom and GS), a pair of in-between for training, plus skis for my 2 daughters, me, and my girlfriend. Ski tuning vices and tools are on the bench for another week or two, then it's time to switch over to RC mode until the snow flies in December.

Hey thanks for the replyl! :) I really appreciate that you took the extra time to look up that spring. Did you use that front or rear or both?

I've swapped out the servos on both for Racerstar ones and tossed the servo savers in the parts bin and just used metal servo arms I had kicking around that came with various servos I ordered from Amazon and BangGood. Otherwise not much yet. But I am preparing...

The snow is starting to melt and ski season is almost over (the boy has one or maybe two more race weekends left) and then it will be RC time. What I have been doing is buying things for the Vorteks and setting up to modify them. I have a set of Big Rock wheels and tires, Typhon arms, and 6S shocks. I got some of the Axial grommets to mount the shocks and I have found a guy locally to 3D print me some stuff. I'm doing motor braces and having a look at mud guards too. I'll post a build thread when I get wrenching on them. Right now my shop is primarily dedicated to tuning skis. The boy has 2 pairs of racing skis (Slalom and GS), a pair of in-between for training, plus skis for my 2 daughters, me, and my girlfriend. Ski tuning vices and tools are on the bench for another week or two, then it's time to switch over to RC mode until the snow flies in December.
That’s pretty cool, enjoy your winter sport while it’s still around especially since it sounds like it’s a family thing. Can’t wait to see the build when you’re finally done!
Yes, I used the same springs on 6S Mojave shocks front and back. And one of those sex ring things for the rear of the can 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don’t forget about the hub reinforcement. If I haven’t mentioned it before, I use the inner race of a bearing and put it on after the bearing, on the part of the hub that interfaces with the rear differential. Helps keeps that part of the hub from cracking.

Attachments

• FCE73772-0921-4306-9583-2B59E41C76FC.jpeg
    FCE73772-0921-4306-9583-2B59E41C76FC.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 34C29109-270D-4D7D-BB76-CF7F358526F4.jpeg
    34C29109-270D-4D7D-BB76-CF7F358526F4.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 96901F52-54F9-43BC-B0B2-22EA721A9E1B.jpeg
    96901F52-54F9-43BC-B0B2-22EA721A9E1B.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 62
  • F06996DB-CCDE-4810-A2B3-C9F252B19742.jpeg
    F06996DB-CCDE-4810-A2B3-C9F252B19742.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 77
O rings for the win! 😁

Thanks for the tip on the bearing race. I’ll have to try that.
That was my wife’s big rock spur I did earlier. Got them on all 4 cars now so no more cracked spur hubs. It really does work.

That’s pretty cool, enjoy your winter sport while it’s still around especially since it sounds like it’s a family thing. Can’t wait to see the build when you’re finally done!
Yes, I used the same springs on 6S Mojave shocks front and back. And one of those sex ring things for the rear of the can 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don’t forget about the hub reinforcement. If I haven’t mentioned it before, I use the inner race of a bearing and put it on after the bearing, on the part of the hub that interfaces with the rear differential. Helps keeps that part of the hub from cracking.
Sorry for being all late where did u get those at? I want to put some too..lol on my big rock. Vorteks and Tyrone..lol thanx

Sorry for being all late where did u get those at? I want to put some too..lol on my big rock. Vorteks and Tyrone..lol thanx
O-rings are 36mm I got off Amazon.

Oh okay thank you and what’s the metal o-ring I see in ur picture? U got that on Amazon too?
It’s the inner race of a bearing I cut out with a Dremel. I use them the reinforce the rear slipper hub.

Oh really nice is it hard to do that..lol
Not at all, just use a Dremel with a cutting disc and cut through the outside Part of the bearing. It’ll fall apart at that point. Take the inside race and slip it over the rear spur hub.

When the vortex came out, I bought everything I needed and made my granite into one. I already had the tires,so I bought shocks,towers,body and bumpers,etc and I love it,but I also changed it to run 4s and it's a blast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back