Arrma Warranty Department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
UPDATE: Customer Support handled my situation and apologized for the delay they are very busy after the holidays and they are catching up ASAP

Just getting back into the hobby after a couple of years off and not so good so far. Previously I owned the Stampede, Granite BLX 2WD , Kraton, original Outcast and then TRMT10E. Just to show how long it’s been. I decided to give Arrma a chance upon my return and so I recently purchased the Arrma Big Rock 3s v3. My steering servo is done after maybe 5 or 6 runs and Motor started cogging very bad. I seen others have lubricated the motor bearing and so I was going to give that a try but I decided to contact customer support to see how they would stand behind their product.

[email protected]
[email protected]

I emailed both of these addresses earlier this week and haven't heard anything back yet. I have a Notorious v5 on hold at the hobby shop with the Spektrum 6s Combo Package but to be honest I’m a bit worried about the electronics. Should I grab the Traxxas Maxx with the wide kit instead? Someone smack me back into reality here please...

Last edited:
First, call HH’s warranty edit. Once you are working with an actual rep have them email you and then you can email back and forth.

Second, did you set your steering end points on the SLT3 radio? The left it out of the manual.

It seems that there are WC problems with some of the bearings and servos. The volume of products shipped for Christmas was extremely high, and it is likely the production ramp for it came along with some supply chain QC issues. HH’s warranty has been very good for those that have required it, but that has been a tiny minority compared with the volume of trucks they have put out.

I would not give up on Arrma and especially the Big Rock. It’s a great truck. I have a V4 Notorious and love it. Great truck. I don’t run the Spektrum batteries and charger, they seem unnecessarily expensive if you know how to handle LiPo batteries properly. I’ve been running HRB, DXF, Zeee and Gens-Ace batteries with a HiTec charger and all work great. I paid half what would have for Spektrum stuff. That said the Spektrum batteries and chargers (get the new gen 2 if you go this route) have some great features like auto-discharge to storage voltage.

Last edited:
First, call HH’s warranty edit. Once you are working with an actual rep have them email you and then you can email back and forth.

Second, did you set your steering end points on the SLT3 radio? The left it out of the manual.

It seems that there are WC problems with some of the bearings and servos. The volume of products shipped for Christmas was extremely high, and it is likely the production ramp for it came along with some supply chain QC issues. HH’s warranty has been very good for those that have required it, but that has been a tiny minority compared with the volume of trucks they have put out.

I would not give up on Arrma and especially the Big Rock. It’s a great truck. I have a V4 Notorious and love it. Great truck. I don’t run the Spektrum batteries and charger, they seem unnecessarily expensive if you know how to handle LiPo batteries properly. I’ve been running HRB, DXF, Zeee and Gens-Ace batteries with a HiTec charger and all work great. I paid half what would have for Spektrum stuff. That said the Spektrum batteries and chargers (get the new gen 2 if you go this route) have some great features like auto-discharge to storage voltage.
Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know there's a secret calibration mode. (y)

I do follow Razor RC on YouTube and did use that particular instruction video after my first or second run. Very helpful and thought I would be in the clear after following it. The kids do enjoy the Big Rock it’s a beast but the electronics are failing quickly and if they don’t warranty the servo then I’m going to be pushed to get a different horn and everything because of the odd 23T servo. I don’t think the motor will last much longer at all the last run this past weekend it was cogging bad everything looks good and then I found information of the motor bearing being an issue just wasn’t sure if I should lubricate it or what I should do but one more run and this thing is as good as dead to me 🤯

Do you have the number for Customer Support so I can call today?

I do follow Razor RC on YouTube and did use that particular instruction video after my first or second run. Very helpful and thought I would be in the clear after following it. The kids do enjoy the Big Rock it’s a beast but the electronics are failing quickly and if they don’t warranty the servo then I’m going to be pushed to get a different horn and everything because of the odd 23T servo. I don’t think the motor will last much longer at all the last run this past weekend it was cogging bad everything looks good and then I found information of the motor bearing being an issue just wasn’t sure if I should lubricate it or what I should do but one more run and this thing is as good as dead to me 🤯

Do you have the number for Customer Support so I can call today?
1611234912367.png

I got this number from a return email from HH

So I was new to arrma cars recently also, my center diff, and front diff was both left dry from the factory the center diff melted the front diff only got the gears, I was worried about warranty at first cause like the op I had reached out and not heard anything for awhile, once I finally got to speek with someone from HH they sent me a new center diff and both front and rear diffs even though the rear didn’t have a issue, HH warranty guys are easy to work with actually they are probably to easy to work

Btw, the Big Rock servo (under warranty) is currently on backorder. I have been waiting for over a month.

Thank you MRSRT8 for the number hopefully they have one or it’s 1 and done for me. Any success stories with the Traxxas Maxx? Overpriced but worth it?

Thank you MRSRT8 for the number hopefully they have one or it’s 1 and done for me. Any success stories with the Traxxas Maxx? Overpriced but worth it?
You're welcome! I don't have a Maxx, therefore I cannot comment. However, my friend has one, he loves it! (y)

Try the live chat option when it’s up. It’s not always open.

USE the live chat feature. It takes less than 20 mins for them to warranty something!
Horizon Hobby Go on here and look at the bottom left. There should be a pop-up. This only works on desktops or laptops. NOT on phones.
Try the live chat option when it’s up. It’s not always open.
It's always up. They take it down when there are too many people trying to chat.

USE the live chat feature. It takes less than 20 mins for them to warranty something!
Horizon Hobby Go on here and look at the bottom left. There should be a pop-up. This only works on desktops or laptops. NOT on phones.

It's always up. They take it down when there are too many people trying to chat.
Can you screenshot? I don't see it...
1611237344619.png

Just buy a cheap DS servo while you wait on warranty. They are better than most more expensive options.
Arrma doesn't have warranty departments, they design this stuff and Horizon handles warranty. They are backed up but stand behind it.

Just buy a cheap DS servo while you wait on warranty. They are better than most more expensive options.
Arrma doesn't have warranty departments, they design this stuff and Horizon handles warranty. They are backed up but stand behind it.
I have a spare servo! ;)

I might just buy a spare RC 🤷
On hold right now if only they answered as quick as ArrmaForum.com we would already have a replacement ready to run this weekend!

Last edited:
It might just be that you've called before everyone has finished their coffee or there is a "just opened" call rush from customers... I called yesterday for a toasted motor and it was less than 10 mins total from picking up the phone to putting it down. Very easy process.

Before you write Arrma off, drive the car a bit more... I'm really happy with the driving and durability of my Senton. My 5 year old has given it some serious licks and it's taken it like a champ. The motor is a bummer, but they made it right. I've had bigger issues with $40k trucks, which bothers me a lot more.

Customer Support handled my situation and apologized for the delay they are very busy after the holidays and they are catching up ASAP

Buying that Arrma Notorious 6S v5 I can guarantee that 👊 Little misunderstanding that’s all...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back