Arrma Warranty Outside the US - experience??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
Guys,

I am on the edge a bit at the moment with Arrma and especially how their support is being handled so I wanted to check what other peoples experience is on this:

You can see what trucks I have and I wanted to add a Typhon 6S to the list but recent experience is holding me back a bit.

I bought my Kraton 8S through a LHS and contacted Horizon Hobby back in November about the shock grinding off to check if this may be a warranty case and unlike others I received a reply that this was “normal” use and that warranty would not be applicable (on the Kraton 8S issues thread).

Now my ESC plays up and did completely shutdown, no longer takes steering or throttle input, initialisation sounds different, lights are dim etc to me it looks like the ESC may be faulty.

Opened a case via their portal, explained everything I have tried so far and asking them again if this would be covered under warranty.
Now I got a reply from them that they don't have any traces that I bought a Kraton 8S from them (obviously I did supply proof of purchase when opening the ticket which clearly showed this was purchased from a LHS).

So I responded back referring to proof of purchase and the warranty definition supplied with the truck which says 2 years bla bla rae rae, contact horizon hobby ...

Next I receive a message (agent 2) that I need to contact my LHS - though the warranty explicitly says:

WARRANTY SERVICES
Questions, Assistance, and Services
Your local hobby store and/or place of purchase cannot provide warranty support or service. Once assembly, setup or use of the Product has been started, you must contact your local distributor or Horizon directly. This will enable Horizon to better answer your questions and service you in the event that you may need any assistance. For questions or assistance, please visit our website at www. horizonhobby.com, submit a Product Support Inquiry, or call the toll free telephone number referenced in the Warranty and Service Contact Information section to speak with a Product Support representative.

So before I spend any more money on them and reaching out to them again I wanted to probe what other peoples experience is with them as it seems that most people are experiencing support they expect with them going over and beyond which is not what I am experiencing at the moment and not even what the warranty terms state as far as who to contact - at least in my case.
The often referred to solution try another support guy has obviously already happened.

So could you guys let me know your experience with HHs support outside the US, where you purchased you trucks and who you dealt with direct/through LHS?

I also intend to contact Arrma directly in the UK to seek clarification on their terms and conditions with regards the warranty and procedures but prior wanted get visibility if its just me having the issue with dealing with HH support or if others have similar experiences.

I have a problem with short run times, I raised a ticket as per instructions only to be told to go back to my LHS. I'm also in the UK.

This is a good example of European consumer law not being helpful, the idea is the seller takes responsibilty so the consumer doesn't have the hassle of dealing with the manufacturer and in most cases this works great but in this instance it's a pain as my LHS just said bring it in and we'll take a look. I'm not sure how a shop in the middle of Bristol City center can road test a 50mph 1/8 buggy but there you go, I feel like it's going to be a waste of time and they're going to fob me off.

Edit: I've just replied to their ticket response quoting their own t&c's, we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Over here waranty regarding shocks.
Horizon hobby in Germany is not willing to help at all even after shooting in a ticket and sending my invoice to them. They told me to go back to the LHS. Waiting time 8/9 weeks sofar.

I hope they will organize and handle the waranty claims as in the USA in the future.

I am based in the Netherlands.

hmm interesting, when using the [email protected] you get an automatic response which from my interpretation also goes in line with their warranty terms and conditions supplied with the trucks or available from their website:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ARRMA.

In order to offer the fastest and most efficient service to you, ARRMA customer service is looked after by our ARRMA distribution network.

Please contact the ARRMA distributor responsible for your region with your enquiry.

For customers in North America please contact the support team at Horizon Hobby. You can contact them using these contact details:
Phone: 877-504-0233
Email: [email protected]
Online support request form: https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/support-render-tech-support

For customers outside of North America please use the online support request form located here:
http://horizonhobby.kayako.com/

Kind regards,

ARRMA HQ

It's just annoying knowing there's a problem (which arrma knows about) with the ESC's and we're having to deal with a LHS who's just going to do some tyre flicking and head scratching whilst our cousin's in the US are getting BLX120's sent in the post with little fuss.

I'm regretting buying the bloody thing at the moment and I don't want to feel like that.

So basically in the UK you have your LHS and then LogicRC who are the UK distributor.
We have too many middle men to deal with over here vs the US where you guys can just contact HH direct, it’s ? but that’s just life I suppose, would it stop me from buying their stuff....Mmmmm I don’t think so, well not until I get royally shafted on something.
Luckily my LHS has come to the rescue a few times with warranty issues for me, and because of that I think I’ll stick with Arrma for now..???

So basically in the UK you have your LHS and then LogicRC who are the UK distributor.
We have too many middle men to deal with over here vs the US where you guys can just contact HH direct, it’s ? but that’s just life I suppose, would it stop me from buying their stuff....Mmmmm I don’t think so, well not until I get royally shafted on something.
Luckily my LHS has come to the rescue a few times with warranty issues for me, and because of that I think I’ll stick with Arrma for now..???
a) thats not what the included warranty information says
b) this is exactly one reason I started to buy their stuff, as I didn't need to deal with a piggy in the middle that would delay dealing with any issues
c) dealing directly with the manufacturer usually also means that they are more lenient in dealing with issues (as you can see by the responses customer across the pond get vs outside the US)

still waiting on clarification from HH EU as this from my perspective this represents false advertising, though their terms state they may change them at any time but then you must be notified of those changes

EU consumer law is great usually, if you buy a TV and it doesn't work it's much easier dealing with Currys, John Lewis etc than Sony or Samsung.

It's just a bit different with niche products as the user will often know what the problem is and would rather deal direct, to be fair most LHS's are pretty good at sorting stuff out though as they are only too aware how precarious they are in the marketplace competing with the internet.

Samsung is super easy to deal with call them directly, they usually deal with stuff at your home as soon as you are referred to a repair center or support partner it gets complicated

Last edited:
Canada experience is very good for us. We have made probably 4 warranty claims for motors and ESCs without any issue. We're pretty good about providing details about the failure, pictures, receipts, store location and so on and aren't demanding Karens about it or threatening or foul mouthed and we have had very positive experiences.

We recently bought a Losi DBXL 2.0 and it's reassuring to know Horizon also seems to classify engine stuff under their warranty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back